• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type is Yoda?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"NFs...tend to neclect being critical" has no reality, as Skylights has already pointed out.

It has reality. They are more focused on the "human" subjective side than on the objective, logical and critical side, that they can neglect.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Those are stereotypes.

No.

He also has no problem to neglect the personal feeling of Obi-Wan about Ankin and send him kill his padawan. Yoda a F? Yoda "emotional"? Let me laugh.

Obi-Wan is a T too anyway. So he overcomes his feelings rather quickly. But he has actually more connection with emotion than Yoda. Obi-Wan is tertiary-F, and ISTJ, Yoda is inferior F, and INTP.

deleted
Dominant: Introverted thinking (Ti)Ti seeks precision, such as the exact word to express an idea. It notices the minute distinctions that define the essence of things, then analyzes and classifies them. Ti examines all sides of an issue, looking to solve problems while minimizing effort and risk. It uses models to root out logical inconsistency.[12] Ti is calm, articulate, and aware of the forces that bind reality together. As introverted Thinkers, INTPs spend the majority of their time and energy ordering the interior, logical world of principles and generalizations in an effort to understand.

[edit] Auxiliary: Extraverted intuition (Ne)Ne finds and interprets hidden meanings, using “what if” questions to explore alternatives, allowing multiple possibilities to coexist. This imaginative play weaves together insights and experiences from various sources to form a new whole, which can then become a catalyst to action.[13] Ne gives INTPs a grasp of the patterns of the world around them. They use their intuition to amalgamate empirical data into coherent pictures, from which they can derive universal principles. INTPs frequently puzzle over a problem for hours on end, until the answer suddenly crystallizes in a flash of insight. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intp

Tbh, albeit INTP qualities like logical precision, analysis, patterns and examination, this sounds a bit just like any intuitive type, especially when we get into the bigger picture, words like "essence", "meaning," "principles," "generalizations," "distinctions," "exploration," and furthermore how this description fully applies to Yoda. I don't think I would use that to base a typing of just INTP. I would however look at examples of Ti primaries, as there is a pretty clear difference in how their personalities manifest www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54880&p=1846926&viewfull=1#post1846926, where as the Ni description posted sounds obscure and incomplete. The value of functional theory is we actually see them quite clearly take presidence over the types' thought pattern. In the case of Fi, Si, Ti and Ni alike.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It has reality. They are more focused on the "human" subjective side than on the objective, logical and critical side, that they can neglect.

That doesn't even sound like the Yoda I saw in the movies. It looks like you're just saying that because Yoda can rub his chin and look pensive, and other things along those lines, that this makes him an INTP.

R

Riva

Since we're discussing characters, examples of your typical primary Ti's are: L from Death Note, Walter White from Breaking Bad, Han Solo from Star Wars, Spock from Star Trek, Daria Morgendorffer from Daria, and a few others listed in this thread I may agree with. Watch these characters and you'll learn about Ti's and their focus on logic, technicality, and common sense over everything else.

Ah Han Solo is indeed an Ti dom. But Poli, don't tell me that you think he is an INTP.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A classic INTP/INFJ Vs. INTJ showdown, the 3 most powerful types in the world!

deleted
Ah Han Solo is indeed an Ti dom. But Poli, don't tell me that you think he is an INTP.

Actually I think Solo is ISTP and I'm thinking Spock may be a much more rigid ISTP. He's Ti all over the board but seems to lack Ne and uses Se well. It's just an issue of Keirseyan stereotype at this point. Nobody will claim someone that rigid as an ISTP but will throw them in INTP. That's some place I disagree.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A lot of people think people who might really be ISTPs such as Sherlock Holmes and Spock like poli says think they are really INTJs!

Well I guess ISTP, INTP, and INTJ are look alike types, so I would say Spock and Holmes could be either one of those 3 types, but if you type by functions, they might be ISTP.

R

Riva

Actually I think Solo is ISTP and I'm thinking Spock may be a much more rigid ISTP. He's Ti all over the board but seems to lack Ne and uses Se well. It's just an issue of Keirseyan stereotype at this point. Nobody will claim someone that rigid as an ISTP but will throw them in INTP. That's some place I disagree.

Glad you think Solo is an ISTP. If you typed him as an INTP I would have lost a lot of faith in you ;).

Solo tend to get typed by some as ENTP. And the main culprits are poeple who type themselves as ENTPs. This is quite disappointing. And the reasons they give are, is that he is quite inventive, has his ship which he has built practically by himself etc. Very very disappointing indeed to read those posts trying to claim that he is an ENTP. Surely the ISTPs have been underestimated as usual.

Anyway, I believe Spock is an ISTJ though. He is not very expressive and I don't recall him ever being expressive. ISTPs even the more introverted ones from time to time tend to be quite expressive - probably due to Se + Fe.

A lot of people think people who might really be ISTPs such as Sherlock Holmes and Spock like poli says think they are really INTJs!

Regarding the novels -

Sherlock Holmes is quite a confusing person to type though in anyone's defense. I would have typed him hands down ISTP myself, if not for a few facts which stick out of character.

Hmmm...

Maybe they could be explained by his instinctual variants.

deleted
I can see how you might say that about ISTPs, though I think there's more to it than stereotype, in the sense that a type can differ a bit in personality and goals but still have the same intrinsic mindset towards things. He's more introverted, enclosed and thoughtful than Solo, but functionally quite a suiter for the type, and I don't believe in any ISTJs who really use Ti especially to such an extent. So even if someone shows no sign of 'Pe' I would still have to assume IxTP because Ti is their way of life. Ti primary is Ti primary.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]

What you seem to misunderstand is that the T/F dichotomy is not completely literal; F is not just emotions, nor is T just rationality. F's can be rationa in as much as T's emotional; the real difference between the two is values vs. logic.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Glad you think Solo is an ISTP. If you typed him as an INTP I would have lost a lot of faith in you ;).

Solo tend to get typed by some as ENTP. And the main culprits are poeple who type themselves as ENTPs. This is quite disappointing. And the reasons they give are, is that he is quite inventive, has his ship which he has built practically by himself etc. Very very disappointing indeed to read those posts trying to claim that he is an ENTP. Surely the ISTPs have been underestimated as usual.

Solo is as inventive as any mechanic who can build something big or small. But he is not an Inventor, he is a grease-monkey and a pirate.

deleted
Study Skylights' excellent analysis above in which she stated that Fe is not about emotions but values.
[MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]

What you seem to misunderstand is that the T/F dichotomy is not completely literal; F is not just emotions, nor is T just rationality. F's can be rationa in as much as T's emotional; the real difference between the two is values vs. logic.

Just adding more of my own input:

Of course I agree that types care as much about their values as their emotions, but I generally agree with certain individuals when they argue that Tx primary types are the most logic-focused and least emotion-oriented people, and the opposite for Fx primaries. I think Fe is as much about emotions as ethical values. When any type takes into consideration ethical values they look to their and people's emotions, and we often don't get over ourselves to take into consideration others' a lot of the time, so we make little sacrifices to help ourselves. Only those the most misguided and ignorant about their feelings have inferior feeling.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just adding more of my own input:

Of course I agree that types care as much about their values as their emotions, I generally agree that Tx primary types are the most logic-focused and least emotion-oriented, and the opposite for Fx primaries.

Yes, but the Thinking type is not "emotional." And yet a lot of that has to do with public persona. An NT type might cry during a movie when nobody else is around.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The only possible INTP that is greater than possible INTP Yoda is Darth Revan.

Darth Revan was an INTP right?

If he was he is the greatest INTP villain ever, powerful enough to wreak ultimate destruction upon all evil xNTJ overlords!

ygolo

My termites win
Threads like this make me realize that I am not a true Sci-Fi fan. I barely remember the movies.

Still, these guess-the-type games are part of the fun of forums like these... so based on the impression I have left over, and the cryptic way Yoda taught, I was thinking he was some form of Ni dom.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

F is about taking emotions and value judgement in the decision making process, and Yoda doesn't do that. Therefore he is not a F. That's all.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That doesn't even sound like the Yoda I saw in the movies. It looks like you're just saying that because Yoda can rub his chin and look pensive, and other things along those lines, that this makes him an INTP.

Luke is a true F. He is driven by feelings and when his relatives are threatened, he must act based on his emotional impulses and can't think. While Yoda is always level-headed and rational. The difference is clear. Luke is a F, Yoda is a T.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Threads like this make me realize that I am not a true Sci-Fi fan. I barely remember the movies.

Still, these guess-the-type games are part of the fun of forums like these... so based on the impression I have left over, and the cryptic way Yoda taught, I was thinking he was some form of Ni dom.

Every iNtuitors are abstracts in their speech and therefore can look cryptic. Every N, not only INFJs.