• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type is Yoda?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yoda prefers to stay detached and consider possibilities rather than taking decisions, and he avoid to act based on emotional impulses, always keeping a rational point of view on things. So he is not J and not F either. He is TP, INTP.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Heed Speed Gavroche we must. Knows how to type Yoda Speed Gavroche does.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Approves of Einstein's Cosmic God, Master Yoda does.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTPs tend to pick something and deconstruct to bits, but Yoda is the kind of guy that makes one-liners and expects the other person derive a meaningful interpretation from it. I think he is an eNFJ.
A mastermind INTP would be more like Death Note's L or Matrix's architect.

deleted
A mastermind INTP would be more like Death Note's L or Matrix's architect.

It really is pretty obvious, like I said earlier: Ti's argue with logic, Ni's argue with ideas. Yoda's heart is filled to the brim with ethical knowledge and insightful NF poetry and philosophy. He barely riddles in logic, only once or twice to elegantly ornament one of his revelations. Nor does he deal in more 'dry-theory' like NTs.

Yoda prefers to stay detached and consider possibilities rather than taking decisions,

This is why I don't like arguing about P/J, it ruins types' credibility for being thoughtful and open-minded.

R

Riva

Ti, at any rate, is a subjective thinker. The objective functions are the four extraverted ones.

Is this how it is defined or are you simply making that statement?

I'm not disagreeing, it simply is a genuine question.

Yoda is an INFJ caught in a dom-tert loop which is why he doesn't like to leave the swamp.

Haha!

Assuming his life style is related to his MBTI type, wouldn't it make him an INTP - TiSi loop?

Or did I finally manage to see fia crack a joke after being a member of this forum for 3 and a half years?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It really is pretty obvious, like I said earlier: Ti's argue with logic, Ni's argue with ideas. Yoda's heart is filled to the brim with ethical knowledge and insightful NF poetry and philosophy. He barely riddles with logic, only once or twice in an artful way to back up one of his revelations.
:yes:
Btw I think he says pretty illogical things. I will make a Ti analysis of his famous quotes.
“Do or do not... there is no try.”
Tries do exist, sir. Most outcomes aren't 100% predictable.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
I don't see any intrinsic connection on the bolded part.
“Size matters not, ... Look at me. Judge me by size, do you?”
Actually, it is usually a very relevant variable.

But those are things that impact people more, as they are able to make it sound as deep and meaningful as they want it to be. Incidentally, religions work the same way. But, I digress...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is this how it is defined or are you simply making that statement?

I'm not disagreeing, it simply is a genuine question.

I'm going along with Jung on this. "Even though my thinking process is directed, as far as possible, toward objective data, nevertheless it is my subjective process, and it can neither escape the subjective admixture nor yet dispense with it." Psychological Types, 431

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yoda place logical reasoning above decisons based on feelings. See the difference with Luke. It's pretty obvious. INTP are the one-liner, and they are not mastermind, the mastermind is the INTJ, who is Palpatine. Palpatine is a true J, he is a planner makes project. Yoda is passive and detached. INTP.

Every arguments trying to defend the idea that Yoda was INFJ were idiots.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This whole idea that the only 2 deeply intuitive types are INFJ and INTJ is where MBTI breaks down. Why can't Yoda be, say, an INTP with well developed Ni (that could be my case as well, that or an ISTP in a Ti-Ni loop.)

Nicodemus

What makes you think Yoda is deeply intuitive? He just wields the force like few others, much like Hendrix plays the guitar.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yoda place logical reasoning above decisons based on feelings. See the difference with Luke. It's pretty obvious. INTP are the one-liner, and they are not mastermind, the mastermind is the INTJ, who is Palpatine. Palpatine is a true J, he is a planner makes project. Yoda is passive and detached. INTP.

Every arguments trying to defend the idea that Yoda was INFJ were idiots.

Arguments can't be idiots.

You should admit, however, that there are two Yodas to consider here.

"Yoda place logical reasoning above decisons based on feelings." False. Yoda warned about negative feelings leading to a growth of the dark side of the force. But he did not advise replacing all feelings with logical reasoning. Yoda seems more logical (INTP) in the prequels, but more mystical (INFJ) in the original series.

"INTP are the one-liner." I don't think anybody knows what this means, or why you then compared that to Palpatine the planner.

"Yoda is passive and detached." This does not define what INTPs are about. One could also make an argument that the INFJ or INFP is a passive and detached type.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INFJ.

Yoda is the kind of guy that makes one-liners and expects the other person derive a meaningful interpretation from it.

:yes:

Yoda said:
On many long journeys have I gone. And waited, too, for others to return from journeys of their own. Some return; some are broken; some come back so different only their names remain.

I think part of what we're seeing with Yoda's open-mindedness and patience is 900 years of living, which would naturally cause one to see in longer time periods and not make quick decisions. Fe also encourages patience and listening skills, as jumping to conclusions tends to create unnecessary interpersonal tension.

However, it's very clear that Yoda is a very strict adherent to the Jedi way of life, if not the archetypal adherent, and in that sense he remains very much a J. His entire life revolves around the goal of promoting the Jedi order and bringing peace to the galaxy - he has a vision of what things should be and is pursuing that vision.

Going off the assumption that Yoda is the archetypal embodiment of the Jedi and the Light side of the Force, here is the Jedi Code:

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

I see that as very, very Ni-Fe-Ti-Se. I can understand considering INTJ, since Yoda is so strong in Ni, but Te is so much about moving things in the external world and creating the conditions you want via logistics. Ti is much more about the underlying structure of things - there is no ignorance, there is knowledge. If everyone were knowledgeable, we would have peace and justice. That's more Ti logic, not Te, to say that if we have all the right conditions, this will work correctly. So no, to INTJ - and as for INTP, where is the Ne? I hardly see Ne in Yoda, short of his quirkiness, not even Ne informing Ti. And the "just being" quality of the Force even sounds a bit like aspirational Se.

If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

His thinking clearly runs along Ni paths: like [MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION] pointed out, he speaks in short bursts of wisdom and expects much to be extrapolated from those statements. This quote itself is essentially Ni-Ti at its purest - if you've correctly followed the internal logical protocol (Ti), but you're not achieving your goal (J), change the way you're looking at things (Ni). Clearly Yoda is a logical guy, but that can be true for anyone. People at work tell me I'm logical and organized, and I'm an ENFP. All that means is how well you're putting your logic into use, not whether you prefer logic over ethic, which I believe that both Yoda and I do not. His vision (Ni) is peace (Fe) and justice (Ti), and the primary way of bringing that about is to engender harmony between beings. Sounds like auxiliary Fe to me.

Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.

Rather Buddhist in nature, but also Ni-Fe. Change your point of view (Ni) such that you understand death to be something natural and good, so that you do not breed the traits that lead to negative tension between beings (Fe).

Lost a planet, Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing. How embarrassing.

Fe.

No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.

J.

Nicodemus said:
What makes you think Yoda is deeply intuitive? He just wields the force like few others, much like Hendrix plays the guitar.

STP, then?

Can beings even be typed, if we are just manifestations of one single Force?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's not just me who thinks that but a whole bunch of other people as well that are arguing for Yoda being an INxJ simply by appealing to the Ni dominant function rather than him actually exhibiting any feeling or judging behaviors.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's not just me who thinks that but a whole bunch of other people as well that are arguing for Yoda being an INxJ simply by appealing to the Ni dominant function rather than him actually exhibiting any feeling or judging behaviors.

I don't appeal to Jungian functions in determining type. It is simpler to stick with the MBTI.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To discover the true personality of Yoda, we should examine his dark side.
DarthYodaNoText.jpg