User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 378

  1. #81
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Keep in mind though that the Prequel Trilogy occurred before the Original Trilogy, and that the downfall of the Jedi could have made quite an impact on him.
    I agree, and I kept in mind from the beginning that we're really analyzing two different Yodas here, I just didn't want to complicate matters. The part 5 Yoda was a muppet that was highly capable of mimicking human emotional expression because it was human driven. Every part of his face seemed to be controlled by real Yoda muscles. The digital Yoda was limited to the abilities of his programmers to create a kind of imitation Yoda. (The prequels themselves were like some cheap knock-off of the original series, but that's another point altogether.)

    The idea that the downfall of the Jedi had such an impact on Yoda is beyond the text, it is speculative. He simply appears older and wiser later on, if that's possible. He definitely seems rather tired and even more ruminative than ever. But that could be attributed to his advancing years. Wasn't he about 1000 years old?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #82
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    (The prequels themselves were like some cheap knock-off of the original series, but that's another point altogether.)
    I actually like the Prequels better than the Originals, because the story (mostly Anakin's transformation/tragedy, even with how rushed/unthorough it was) was much more interesting than the boring, cliche Original Trilogy's story of Luke, Han, and Leia saving the galaxy from the empire. I guess I just liked the psychological part to Anakin's transformation (though some people saw it too simplistically), and I related to Anakin (except for the whole aggressiveness/violence, counterphobicness, and volatility), especially his struggle with letting go of his attachments.

    The idea that the downfall of the Jedi had such an impact on Yoda is beyond the text, it is speculative. He simply appears older and wiser later on, if that's possible. He definitely seems rather tired and even more ruminative than ever. But that could be attributed to his advancing years. Wasn't he about 1000 years old?
    Well, I was thinking that he just got "older and wiser" too, but then I realized that it might not hold much water, since he was already 900 years old during the Prequel Trilogy. It only occurred like 17 years earlier.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Keep in mind though that the Prequel Trilogy occurred before the Original Trilogy, and that the downfall of the Jedi could have made quite an impact on him.
    Perhaps, or possibly it may be due to poor writing on Lucas' part.

    EDIT: yes post 2900!

  4. #84
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    I actually like the Prequels better than the Originals, because the story (mostly Anakin's transformation/tragedy, even with how rushed/unthorough it was) was much more interesting than the boring, cliche Original Trilogy's story of Luke, Han, and Leia saving the galaxy from the empire. I guess I just liked the psychological part to Anakin's transformation (though some people saw it too simplistically), and I related to Anakin (except for the whole aggressiveness/violence, counterphobicness, and volatility), especially his struggle with letting go of his attachments.



    Well, I was thinking that he just got "older and wiser" too, but then I realized that it might not hold much water, since he was already 900 years old during the Prequel Trilogy. It only occurred like 17 years earlier.
    Yes, but "Old Ben" Kenobi has aged much more than 17 years, and his demeanor regarding his memories of the Old Republic gives the impression that they came from a more distant past. That's why it's necessary to consider the original series separately.

    Edit - I looked into this time difference. Wiki indicates that 32 years passed between the events of episode 1 and episode 4.


    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #85
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    I actually like the Prequels better than the Originals, because the story (mostly Anakin's transformation/tragedy, even with how rushed/unthorough it was) was much more interesting than the boring, cliche Original Trilogy's story of Luke, Han, and Leia saving the galaxy from the empire. I guess I just liked the psychological part to Anakin's transformation (though some people saw it too simplistically), and I related to Anakin (except for the whole aggressiveness/violence, counterphobicness, and volatility), especially his struggle with letting go of his attachments.

    Well, I was thinking that he just got "older and wiser" too, but then I realized that it might not hold much water, since he was already 900 years old during the Prequel Trilogy. It only occurred like 17 years earlier.
    Even though 32 or more years may not seem like much to a 900 year old creature, nevertheless there is a difference between the Yodas.

    On a side note, if you preferred the prequel because it depicts the psychological regress of Anakin, then you have to either do a lot of forgiving of bad acting (including that of 9-year-old Anakin), plot-holes, and garbled plot, or you have to be so immersed in Anakin's character that you simply didn't notice these profound difficulties with the movies.
    http://28sherman.blogspot.com/2008/0...-prequels.html

    "The only thing I disagree with the [blog] author about is the Yoda lightsaber fights being 'cool.' Yoda is an old dude, 780 years old, with only twenty years (or so) of life left in him. He also never teaches Luke to fight and spends the entire original trilogy saying things like 'War does not make one great...' and 'A Jedi uses the Force for defense...' I didn't even feel like they were the same Yoda."
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #86
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Yes, but "Old Ben" Kenobi has aged much more than 17 years, and his demeanor regarding his memories of the Old Republic gives the impression that they came from a more distant past. That's why it's necessary to consider the original series separately.

    Edit - I looked into this time difference. Wiki indicates that 32 years passed between the events of episode 1 and episode 4.


    Obi-Wan is 25 in the Episode I, 35 in the Episode 2, 38 in the Episode 3, 57 in the Episode 4, and then he dies.

    Darth Vader is 9 in the Episode 1, 19 in the Episode 2, 22 in the Episode 3, 41 in the Episode 4, 44 in the Episode 5, 45 in the Episode 6 and then he dies.

    Luke and Leia born in the Episode 3, are 19 in the Episode 4, 22 in the Episode 5, 23 in the Episode 6.

    Han Solo in 7 in the Episode 2, 10 in the Episode 3, 29 in the Episode 4, 32 in the Episode 5 and 33 in the Episode 6.

    Palpatine is 52 in the Episode 1, 62 in the Episode 2, 65 in the Episode 3, 84 in the Episode 4, 87 in the Episode 5 and 88 in the Episode 6.

    Yoda is 864 in the Episode 1, 874 in the Episode 2, 877 in the Episode 3, 896 in the Episode 4, 899 in the episode 5, 900 in the Episode 6, and he dies.

    Chewbacca is 168 in the Episode 1, 178 in the Episode 2, 181 in the Episode 3, 200 in the Episode 4, 203 in the Episode 5, 204 in the Episode 6 and he dies.

    Padmé is 14 in the Episode 1, 24 in the Episode 2, 27 in the Episode 3 and she dies.

    Jabba the Hutt is 564 in the Episode 1, 574 in the Episode 2, 577 in the Episode 3, 596 in the Episode 4, 599 in the Episode 5, 600 in the Episode 6 and he dies.

    Qui-Gon-Jinn is 60 in the Episode 1, and he dies.

    Darth Maul is 22 in the Episode 1, and he dies.

    Mace Windu is 40 in the Episode 1, 50 in the Episode 2, 53 in the Episode 3 and he dies.

    Dooku is 70 in the Episode 1, 80 in the Episode 2, 83 in the Episode 3 and he dies.

    Boba Fett born just after the Episode 1, is 10 in the Episode 2, 13 in the Episode 3, 32 in the Episode 4, 35 in the Episode 6.

    Lando Calrissian is 9 in the Episode 2, 11 in the Episode 3, 31 in the Episode 4, 33 in the Episode 5 and 34 in the Episode 5.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  7. #87
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Obi-Wan is 25 in the Episode I, 35 in the Episode 2, 38 in the Episode 3, 57 in the Episode 4, and then he dies.

    Darth Vader is 9 in the Episode 1, 19 in the Episode 2, 22 in the Episode 3, 41 in the Episode 4, 44 in the Episode 5, 45 in the Episode 6 and then he dies.

    Luke and Leia born in the Episode 3, are 19 in the Episode 4, 22 in the Episode 5, 23 in the Episode 6.

    Han Solo in 7 in the Episode 2, 10 in the Episode 3, 29 in the Episode 4, 32 in the Episode 5 and 33 in the Episode 6.

    Palpatine is 52 in the Episode 1, 62 in the Episode 2, 65 in the Episode 3, 84 in the Episode 4, 87 in the Episode 5 and 88 in the Episode 6.

    Yoda is 864 in the Episode 1, 874 in the Episode 2, 877 in the Episode 3, 896 in the Episode 4, 899 in the episode 5, 900 in the Episode 6, and he dies.

    Chewbacca is 168 in the Episode 1, 178 in the Episode 2, 181 in the Episode 3, 200 in the Episode 4, 203 in the Episode 5, 204 in the Episode 6 and he dies.

    Padmé is 14 in the Episode 1, 24 in the Episode 2, 27 in the Episode 3 and she dies.

    Jabba the Hutt is 564 in the Episode 1, 574 in the Episode 2, 577 in the Episode 3, 596 in the Episode 4, 599 in the Episode 5, 600 in the Episode 6 and he dies.

    Qui-Gon-Jinn is 60 in the Episode 1, and he dies.

    Darth Maul is 22 in the Episode 1, and he dies.

    Mace Windu is 40 in the Episode 1, 50 in the Episode 2, 53 in the Episode 3 and he dies.

    Dooku is 70 in the Episode 1, 80 in the Episode 2, 83 in the Episode 3 and he dies.

    Boba Fett born just after the Episode 1, is 10 in the Episode 2, 13 in the Episode 3, 32 in the Episode 4, 35 in the Episode 6.

    Lando Calrissian is 9 in the Episode 2, 11 in the Episode 3, 31 in the Episode 4, 33 in the Episode 5 and 34 in the Episode 5.
    That post was a huge mood-killer. Because right now I'm in the middle of watching a funny yet informative 9-part youtube review of... ummmm... something called "Attack of the Clowns." or was it Clones? And what you wrote looks like something from the Bible. Or is it the Star Wars bible?

    [Quote = Genesis 5]

    This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; 2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created. 3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth: 4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters: 5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

    6 And Seth lived an hundred and five years, and begat Enos: [1] 7 And Seth lived after he begat Enos eight hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters: 8 And all the days of Seth were nine hundred and twelve years: and he died. 9 And Enos lived ninety years, and begat Cainan: [2] 10 And Enos lived after he begat Cainan eight hundred and fifteen years, and begat sons and daughters: 11 And all the days of Enos were nine hundred and five years: and he died. 12 And Cainan lived seventy years, and begat Mahalaleel: [3] 13 And Cainan lived after he begat Mahalaleel eight hundred and forty years, and begat sons and daughters: 14 And all the days of Cainan were nine hundred and ten years: and he died. 15 And Mahalaleel lived sixty and five years, and begat Jared: [4] 16 And Mahalaleel lived after he begat Jared eight hundred and thirty years, and begat sons and daughters: 17 And all the days of Mahalaleel were eight hundred ninety and five years: and he died. 18 And Jared lived an hundred sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch: 19 And Jared lived after he begat Enoch eight hundred years, and begat sons and daughters: 20 And all the days of Jared were nine hundred sixty and two years: and he died.

    21 And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah: [5] 22 And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters: 23 And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years: 24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

    25 And Methuselah lived an hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech: 26 And Methuselah lived after he begat Lamech [6] seven hundred eighty and two years, and begat sons and daughters: 27 And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died.

    28 And Lamech lived an hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son: 29 And he called his name Noah, [7] saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the Lord hath cursed. 30 And Lamech lived after he begat Noah five hundred ninety and five years, and begat sons and daughters: 31 And all the days of Lamech were seven hundred seventy and seven years: and he died. 32 And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.[/Quote]

    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #88
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    I found this to be more relevant to the two Yodas theory.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UL...6axytKQ#t=206s
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  9. #89
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    LOL This thread is hilarious.

  10. #90
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    Yoda is an INFJ caught in a dom-tert loop which is why he doesn't like to leave the swamp.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Similar Threads

  1. What type is Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic Adventure 2 Battle)
    By Athenian200 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-29-2016, 05:04 PM
  2. What type is House?
    By RansomedbyFire in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1046
    Last Post: 11-23-2015, 07:15 PM
  3. What type is Falcarius the dinosaur?
    By Falcarius in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 09:34 PM
  4. What type is he?
    By Climber07 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 03:34 PM
  5. What type is the most pedantic?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO