• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type is Yoda?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
As I ever said, INTPs are often put in great considerations for their wise too, and searched for their counseling.

As an aside, living with two INTPs, I feel like it is necessary to point out that while INTPs may be sought for counseling, they are usually more interested in theoretical mechanics and counseling quickly moves into instruction which quickly moves into demonstration, which is essentially watching an INTP do what an INTP does best.

Whereas Yoda in typical NiFe form uses his understanding of the energy between himself and the other person (Fe) to encourage the other person to engage the concept he is envisioning and pushing the person towards (Ni). Fe teaching seems generally about "drawing out" abilities.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As an aside, living with two INTPs, I feel like it is necessary to point out that while INTPs may be sought for counseling, they are usually more interested in theoretical mechanics and counseling quickly moves into instruction which quickly moves into demonstration, which is essentially watching an INTP do what an INTP does best.

Whereas Yoda in typical NiFe form uses his understanding of the energy between himself and the other person (Fe) to encourage the other person to engage the concept he is envisioning and pushing the person towards (Ni). Fe teaching seems generally about "drawing out" abilities.

It's not even relevant to ask whether someone is approached for counseling. Luke did not approach Yoda. It's just something I see Yoda doing naturally.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's not even relevant to ask whether someone is approached for counseling. Luke did not approach Yoda. It's just something I see Yoda doing naturally.

Yes, true. Especially seeing as Yoda is in the business of helping find and train new Jedi knights.

He was also a general in the Clone Wars, incidentally. He might be calm and patient but he is not passive.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Feeling does not equal emotion. Feeling is about ethic, and value-based judgment: what things mean to people.

Yeah, but Yoda don't do value-based judgement. Elsewhere, Thinkers are concerned about ethics too, but it is based on principles, not on values. As it is the case in Yoda.

Maintaining calm and serenity does not mean the F functions are not involved in decision-making.

It's not only about maintaining calm and serenity. It said "no feeling", so to avoid feeling in the judgment process. A person who do that is a Thinker, not a F. And true Feelers like Anakin have a problem with that.

And we can look at any impassioned INTP and see the reverse is true, as well. And all types can value peace. My ESFJ boyfriend is very much about peace - he is a 9w1, after all.

So Yoda could be any type. Except that there's crucials clues that he's not a Feeler.

Since when have INTPs had a monopoly on knowledge?

I simply mean that Yoda is not necessarly INFJ, bu as I said

there's crucials clues that he's not a Feeler

Again, passion is not monopolized by F types.

Indeed, but the jedi code prescribe to avoid it in the decision-making process. Which is hard for a F but is not for Yoda, who is a T.

Actually, the change of frame of reference is very INxJ. It's a new way of looking at things.

Being interested by an alternative way to look at things is typycally NP.

Just because he is less emotional does not make him a T.

So, what makes him a F?

My ESFJ 9w1 boyfriend is far less emotional than my INTP 6w5 dad, who is regularly in some fiery state. I am not avoiding that argument; I am saying it is a logical fallacy. Feeling is not emotion. They are two totally separate concepts, though they can involve one another. The same holds true for believing that a "harsh" teacher could only be a T. I am a fan of sink-or-swim, too, and I am an F! If you have faith that the person can succeed - a typical NF sort of belief - then there is no cruelty in sink-or-swim, because you know that the person will be just fine. It's not about social skills at all, it's about the application of NF style humanistic growth to an individual. Your arguments here are rooted purely in stereotype.

You're just saying "Yoda is not necessarly a T" without bring any proof that he is a F.

F is about being driven by emotions in the decision making process. Every book say it. If you have sources which say the contray, show it. It's also being driven by subjectivity. There's nothing about this in Yoda. He always stay calm, objective and impartial even in the most difficult situations.

Yoda is the leader of arguably the most powerful underground rebel organization in the galaxy working to stop the growing forces of the Dark Side and actively promoting peace and justice through the utilization of philosophical teachings combined with instructing quasi-martial art training. That makes him primarily a passive and detached analyzer?

Yes, he's just a small creature staying in a swamp. And he perceived a growth of the Dark Side during two centuries without doing anthing.

Once again, Fe is not about emotional attachment. It is about interpersonal harmony. It is about understanding ties between things. Just like this:

It is about emotional attachment, interpersonal harmony is just another side. How Yoda care about "interpersonal harmony". Understand tie between things can be Ne-Fe and INTPs are pattern-seekers.

deleted
It's probablty the most stupid thing I read on the thread. Above all INFJs tend strongly to argue with feelings, something that Yoda never do. An idea can be logic, logic can be express in an idea. The dichotomy you etablished is based on nothing.

There's a clear factual difference between (Ti types) arguing mainly with logic and reason and (Ni types) mainly with ideas and general theses. INFJs don't argue mainly with feelings, those are INFPs and ENFJs.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yoda is not "drawing out " abilities. He dosn't understand the potential of Luke at first and judge him at a critical level only. Then he just explained him what he knows and that's all. He's never warm with Luke except just before his death. INTP's are idea-people too, so Yoda being an idea parson doesn't prove that he is not INTP.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's a factual difference between types arguing mainly with logic and mainly with ideas.

Show it.

INFJ don't argue mainly with feelings, those are INFPs.

INFJs are as much Feeler than INFPs and obiously more than INTPs. Except that Yoda never use feelings to explain things.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, he's just a small creature staying in a swamp. And he perceived a growth of the Dark Side during two centuries without doing anthing.

Of course, that was his planet of exile after the prequels, and for as long as it took to make a move against the Empire.

Yes, Yoda was aware of the Dark Side growing stronger, but it also prevented him from making a decision by blocking his intuition. That's why he spent a lot of time in the prequels looking confused. And then, when he found something to fight against, he fought (Dooku).

It is about emotional attachment, interpersonal harmony is just another side. How Yoda care about "interpersonal harmony". Understand tie between things can be Ne-Fe and INTPs are pattern-seekers.

Skylights is correct. And you yourself know that Feeling is about values such as interpersonal harmony, not about emotions.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yoda is not "drawing out " abilities. He dosn't understand the potential of Luke at first and judge him at a critical level only. Then he just explained him what he knows and that's all. He's never warm with Luke except just before his death. INTP's are idea-people too, so Yoda being an idea parson doesn't prove that he is not INTP.

Well, Yoda must have seen some potential or else he wouldn't have tried to make him a Jedi master. This is all canon. But potentiality does not equal actuality. To make the potential real requires the drawing out of abilities that Skylights mentioned.

"Being warm" with Luke is just you digging yourself in deeper.

deleted

There's already been examples of Ti types vs Ni types.

Since we're discussing characters, examples of your typical primary Ti's are: L from Death Note, Walter White from Breaking Bad, Han Solo from Star Wars, Spock from Star Trek, Daria Morgendorffer from Daria, and a few others listed in this thread I may agree with. Watch these characters and you'll learn about Ti's and their focus on logic, technicality, and common sense over everything else.

INFJs are as much Feeler than INFPs and obiously more than INTPs. Except that Yoda never use feelings to explain things.

Secondary Fe to Ni vs Primary Fi. There's a difference.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course, that was his planet of exile after the prequels, and for as long as it took to make a move against the Empire.[/quote}

Yes, and the initiative to start the initiation of Luke came from Obi-Wan, a true chart-the-course guy. Yoda is Behind-the-scene and INTP, not INFJ.

Yes, Yoda was aware of the Dark Side growing stronger, but it also prevented him from making a decision by blocking his intuition. That's why he spent a lot of time in the prequels looking confused. And then, when he found something to fight against, he fought (Dooku).

What you say here is ointless in order to type him.

Skylights is correct. And you yourself know that Feeling is about values such as interpersonal harmony, not about emotions.

It about both, and Yoda hardly care about any of theses things. So he is not a F.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's already been examples of Ti types vs Ni types.

Since we're discussing characters, your typical primary Ti's are: L from Death Note, Walter White from Breaking Bad, Han Solo from Star Wars, Spock from Star Trek, Daria Morgendorffer from Daria. Watch these characters and you'll learn about Ti and their focus on logic.

I'am ESTP, so I know at least as much about Ti than you, intj, thanks.

INTP is Ti-Ne, so they are idea oriented too, Ne is the external function, so it's the one which is externaly visible.

With true INFJs, it's the feeling function which is externaly visible: Padmé, Shmi, Dooku, not Yoda.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, Yoda must have seen some potential or else he wouldn't have tried to make him a Jedi master. This is all canon. But potentiality does not equal actuality. To make the potential real requires the drawing out of abilities that Skylights mentioned.

But he didn't believe in actuality, at the contrary to NFs who tend to neclect being critical and be focused on growth.

"Being warm" with Luke is just you digging yourself in deeper.

You hit the bottom since a long time.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, true. Especially seeing as Yoda is in the business of helping find and train new Jedi knights.

He was also a general in the Clone Wars, incidentally. He might be calm and patient but he is not passive.

It could even be argued that Yoda started the Clone Wars.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But he didn't believe in actuality, at the contrary to NFs who tend to neclect being critical and be focused on growth.

You're just pulling ideas out of your ass, as usual.

You hit the bottom since a long time.

Hit the bottom? Yes, I am a topper in a sense, but I don't fly that way. Thanks for the offer anyway.

"NFs...tend to neclect being critical" has no reality, as Skylights has already pointed out.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only issue I think is most would agree that Yoda is fairly of an emotional nature and not by any means Fe inferior.

Study Skylights' excellent analysis above in which she stated that Fe is not about emotions but values.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only issue I think is most would agree that Yoda is fairly of an emotional nature and not by any means Fe inferior.

Yoda is not of an emotional nature. Even aknowledging the the jedis are dying by centuries he still logic, objective, calm and in control.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dominant: Introverted thinking (Ti)Ti seeks precision, such as the exact word to express an idea. It notices the minute distinctions that define the essence of things, then analyzes and classifies them. Ti examines all sides of an issue, looking to solve problems while minimizing effort and risk. It uses models to root out logical inconsistency.[12] Ti is calm, articulate, and aware of the forces that bind reality together. As introverted Thinkers, INTPs spend the majority of their time and energy ordering the interior, logical world of principles and generalizations in an effort to understand.

[edit] Auxiliary: Extraverted intuition (Ne)Ne finds and interprets hidden meanings, using “what if” questions to explore alternatives, allowing multiple possibilities to coexist. This imaginative play weaves together insights and experiences from various sources to form a new whole, which can then become a catalyst to action.[13] Ne gives INTPs a grasp of the patterns of the world around them. They use their intuition to amalgamate empirical data into coherent pictures, from which they can derive universal principles. INTPs frequently puzzle over a problem for hours on end, until the answer suddenly crystallizes in a flash of insight.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intp

Dominant: Introverted intuition (Ni)Attracted to symbolic actions or devices, Ni synthesizes seeming paradoxes to create the previously unimagined. These realizations come with a certainty that demands action to fulfill a new vision of the future, solutions that may include complex systems or universal truths.[19]

[edit] Auxiliary: Extraverted feeling (Fe)Fe seeks social connections and creates harmonious interactions through polite, considerate, and appropriate behavior. Fe responds to the explicit (and implicit) wants of others, and may even create an internal conflict between the subject’s own needs and the desire to meet the needs of others.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INFJ

I vote Yoda was a TiNi INTP who used the functions of both INTP and INFJ because he is God and breaks the laws of MBTI.

And don't forget about Yoda Einstein fellas!
Yoda-Einstein.jpg