• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type is Yoda?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who said Yoda was a humanist? I've said he is a mystic and a wise sage. INFJ has been called The Insightful Counselor - The Patient Mentor - The Wise Sage. But nobody has called him a humanist.

You should look at the cohnitive process and the actual preferences of someone rather than go with names and cliché. Because the names mean nothing, INTPs can be insightul counselor, patient mentor and wise sage too. You must prove that Yoda prefer to take decision based on feelings than on logic and that he prefers judgement than perception. I ever proved that it was not the case but you refuse to face my arguments.

Also, both INTPs are abstract in their speech. So, abstraction and mysticism in Yoda's speech doesn't mean that he is INFJ, especially if we take in account that Yoda has easily a straight-forward, direct to the point and utilitarian speech that INFJs hardly have.

You still refuse to fact the fact that Yoda is not emotional like true Feelers in the movie are. Luke, Padmé, Anakin, Chewbacca, are Feelers, Yoda is not one, the difference is clear and that aloe prove that yoda is not INFJ. Admit your wrong.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well the above website [MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION] posted makes me think Yoda might be INTP because INFJ Ni it says gets interrupted more easily whereas it says INTP Ti has an incredible power and depth of concentration that does not get interrupted, which I for one do not see Yoda as someone who loses his train of thought. It also says that an INFJ Fe makes them excited about other people, whereas an INTP Ti moves in a cause and effect chain of events, like for example when Yoda talks about fear leading to anger, hate, and suffering.

I for one say Yoda is INTP, but INFJ is not out of the question due to Ni and psychic force connections.

Of course that's the prequel Yoda babbling about emotional causation. But he is still intoning his sage wisdom, not science. What he is saying there is anything but science, maybe pseudo-psychology.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTP - The Detached Philosopher - The Sophisticated Mathematician - The Thoughtful Analyst
Real
Einstein
Lemony Snicket
Edgar Allan Poe
Ted Kaczynski
Stephen King
William James Sidis
Carl Jung
John Nash
Socrates
Thomas Jefferson
Noah Webster
Nikola Tesla
Henry David Thoreau
Fictional
Sherlock Holmes
The Architect (The Matrix)
L Lawliet (Death Note)
Dilbert
Klaus Baudelaire
Howard Roark (The Fountainhead)
Death (Family Guy)
Hobbes (Calvin & Hobbes)
Peter Parker/Spider-Man

[MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION] , is the INTP list accurate, the list Yoda supposedly might belong to? If not, correct what is wrong if you don't mind like you did with the INFJ list. Thanks!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You should look at the cohnitive process and the actual preferences of someone rather than go with names and cliché. Because the names mean nothing, INTPs can be insightul counselor, patient mentor and wise sage too. You must prove that Yoda prefer to take decision based on feelings than on logic and that he prefers judgement than perception. I ever proved that it was not the case but you refuse to face my arguments.

Also, both INTPs are abstract in their speech. So, abstraction and mysticism in Yoda's speech doesn't mean that he is INFJ, especially if we take in account that Yoda has easily a straight-forward, direct to the point and utilitarian speech that INFJs harly.

I can't see his cognitive processes any more than you can. That's why I don't talk about the USES of cognitive functions, but there are SIGNS of them. And honestly, that's all you can talk about when typing others.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP - The Detached Philosopher - The Sophisticated Mathematician - The Thoughtful Analyst
Real
Einstein
Lemony Snicket
Edgar Allan Poe
Ted Kaczynski
Stephen King
William James Sidis
Carl Jung
John Nash
Socrates
Thomas Jefferson
Noah Webster
Nikola Tesla
Henry David Thoreau
Fictional
Sherlock Holmes
L Lawliet (Death Note)
Dilbert
Klaus Baudelaire
Howard Roark (The Fountainhead)
Death (Family Guy)
Hobbes (Calvin & Hobbes)
Peter Parker/Spider-Man

[MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION] , is the INTP list accurate, the list Yoda supposedly might belong to? If not, correct what is wrong if you don't mind like you did with the INFJ list. Thanks!

Yeah, except that Carl Jung was INFP and Clavin is probably an xNFP.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'm sure anybody who has seen the Matrix movies recalls how verbose the Architect was. So much for the INTP "one-liners" idea mentioned above! It depends on how much energy we INTPs want to put into a response.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't see his cognitive processes any more than you can. That's why I don't talk about the USES of cognitive functions, but there are SIGNS of them. And honestly, that's all you can talk about when typing others.

So you admit that you don't know how to type people and you're just making projections.

Anyway:

You still refuse to fact the fact that Yoda is not emotional like true Feelers in the movie are. Luke, Padmé, Anakin, Chewbacca, are Feelers, Yoda is not one, the difference is clear and that aloe prove that yoda is not INFJ. Admit your wrong.

That's something that everybody can see. End of the story.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well the above website [MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION] posted makes me think Yoda might be INTP because INFJ Ni it says gets interrupted more easily whereas it says INTP Ti has an incredible power and depth of concentration that does not get interrupted, which I for one do not see Yoda as someone who loses his train of thought. It also says that an INFJ Fe makes them excited about other people, whereas an INTP Ti moves in a cause and effect chain of events, like for example when Yoda talks about fear leading to anger, hate, and suffering.

I for one say Yoda is INTP, but INFJ is not out of the question due to Ni and psychic force connections.

When I consider Yoda, I don't see a scientist, I see a wise counselor and a sage. INFJ.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm sure anybody who has seen the Matrix movies recalls how verbose the Architect was. So much for the INTP "one-liners" idea mentioned above! It depends on how much energy we INTPs want to put into a response.

The "math" thing is just a cliché. Elsewhere, Yoda is totally a thoughtful analyst and a detached philosopher. 'nuff said.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So you admit that you don't know how to type people and you're just making projections.

No, I am looking at the evidence of my own eyes. And those eyes see Yoda as a Sage and a Wise Counselor. INFJ.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I consider Yoda, I don't see a scientist, I see a wise counselor and a sage. INFJ.

The "scientist" thing is just a cliché related to NT. You prove again that you don't anlyse the character in depth. You simply use stereotypes.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The "math" thing is just a cliché. Elsewhere, Yoda is totally a thoughtful analyst and a detached philosopher. 'nuff said.

Yoda's strengths, however, lie in the counseling business. Even in the prequels you will find him counseling others on a one-on-one basis. INFJ.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, I am looking at the evidence of my own eyes. And those eyes see Yoda as a Sage and a Wise Counselor. INFJ.

If you knew anything about MBTI, you knew that any type can be a "sage" and a "wise counselor", and that INFJ means preference for introversion rather than extroversion, intuition rather than sensing, feeling rather than thought and judgement rather than perception. But I proved that Yoda prefer thought and perception rather than feeling and judgement. Need I to quote myself again? Go back to school.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No emiotion means no F. Peace is for the IP.

Feeling does not equal emotion. Feeling is about ethic, and value-based judgment: what things mean to people. Maintaining calm and serenity does not mean the F functions are not involved in decision-making. And we can look at any impassioned INTP and see the reverse is true, as well. And all types can value peace. My ESFJ boyfriend is very much about peace - he is a 9w1, after all.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge
So INTP.

Since when have INTPs had a monopoly on knowledge? As far as I know, all people of all types can prize knowledge over ignorance. As an N-dominant I consider my own highest focus ideas and concepts, which I also consider knowledge, though perhaps a different sort than the INTP prizes.

No passion means certainly no F. Serenity is IP.

Again, passion is not monopolized by F types. Nor is calm and quiet monopolized by IPs. Passion may be utilized by F types in some decision-making but there is no necessity for that.

Yoda is a 9w1.

Yes, agreed.

There is no death, there is the Force.
There's nothing related to INFJ epecially in that.

Actually, the change of frame of reference is very INxJ. It's a new way of looking at things. Death is not the usually-thought disappearance into nothing; it is instead synthesis with the Force.

Yoda is a rude teacher who harshly tell the truth. He has low social skills. And if he is patient with you, when it's time to test you he will not take you by the hand, he will throw you in the water and you'll either sink or swim. He's clearly not a T, we just have to compare him with Luke or Padmé to see that. A crucial argument that the supporter of the INFJ theory avoid to face. He's even less emotional than Obi-Wan, who is a T.

Just because he is less emotional does not make him a T. My ESFJ 9w1 boyfriend is far less emotional than my INTP 6w5 dad, who is regularly in some fiery state. I am not avoiding that argument; I am saying it is a logical fallacy. Feeling is not emotion. They are two totally separate concepts, though they can involve one another, and to believe they require one another is to have a very poor grasp on both concepts. The same holds true for believing that a "harsh" teacher could only be a T. I am a fan of sink-or-swim, too, and I am an F! If you have faith that the person can succeed - a typical NF sort of belief - then there is no cruelty in sink-or-swim, because you know that the person will be just fine. It's not about social skills at all, it's about the application of NF style humanistic growth to an individual. Your arguments here are rooted purely in stereotype.

And yes, INTP are passive and detached anlysers. That's what Yoda is. But INFJs are not. They are chart-the-course, not behind-the-scene, they set projects, are organised and work hard toward them. Padmé, Shmi Skywalker, Dooku and Bail Organa are true INFJs. The difference with Yoda is very clear.

Yoda is the leader of arguably the most powerful underground rebel organization in the galaxy working to stop the growing forces of the Dark Side and actively promoting peace and justice through the utilization of philosophical teachings combined with instructing quasi-martial art training and political diplomacy. That makes him primarily a passive and detached analyzer?

If you were 900 years old you might step back and take a breath every now and then, too. ;)

And the whole "philosophy" thing doesn't prove anything. INTPs are philosophers too. But Yoda is not driven by emotional attachements and value judgments like INFJs are.

Once again, Fe is not about emotional attachment. It is about interpersonal harmony. It is about understanding ties between things. Just like this:

Yoda said:
Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you knew anything about MBTI,

Oh I do!

you knew that any type can be a "sage" and a "wise counselor", and that INFJ means preference for introversion rather than extroversion, intuition rather than sensing, feeling rather than thought and judgement rather than perception. But I proved that Yoda prefer thought and perception rather than feeling and judgement. Need I to quote myself again? Go back to school.

It doesn't matter what "any type can be," but what any type PREFERS to be in terms of that type's STRENGTHS. These are the defining features of type.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yoda's strengths, however, lie in the counseling business. Even in the prequels you will find him counseling others on a one-on-one basis. INFJ.

It's so much his strength, yes. We pretty much see that with Anakin. :rolleyes:

As I ever said, INTPs are often put in great considerations for their wise too, and searched for their counseling.

MBTI is about preferences, not about your job. Anyway:

This is an evidence that you refuse to face because it would force you to admit that you are wrong and you basically have a problem with that.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh I do!

It doesn't matter what "any type can be," but what any type PREFERS to be in terms of that type's STRENGTHS. These are the defining features of type.

Yoda's preferences and forces are not for Feeling and Judgement, as I have ever explained.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just because he is less emotional does not make him a T. My ESFJ 9w1 boyfriend is far less emotional than my INTP 6w5 dad, who is regularly in some fiery state. I am not avoiding that argument; I am saying it is a logical fallacy. Feeling is not emotion. They are two totally separate concepts, and to believe they require one another is to have a very poor grasp on both concepts. The same holds true for believing that a "harsh" teacher could only be a T. I am a fan of sink-or-swim, too, and I am an F! If you have faith that the person can succeed - a typical NF sort of belief - then there is no cruelty in sink-or-swim, because you know that the person will be just fine.

This is some good stuff. I particularly liked the part about NF being a faith sort of person. This plays a huge role in Empire where faith (belief) is required to lift Luke's ship from the swamp.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's so much his strength, yes. We pretty much see that with Anakin. :rolleyes:

As I ever said, INTPs are often put in great considerations for their wise too, and searched for their counseling.

MBTI is about preferences, not about your job. Anyway:

Yoda is a Sage and a Wise Counselor. The point about faith made by Skylights is also huge.