First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Yod is an NP, not an NJ. Nuff said, he's not an INFJ.

The jedi philosophy prescribe that it's better to stay away from emotionl attachments, and Yoda is completely at ease with that. INFJs care about communication and harmony, Yoda never makes gloves to speak the truth and say critics in the most straightforward manner.A mark of Thinker. Yoda judge people in an objective way, and don't care about compasion and nurturing, he just says what he thinks with precise words and objectivity.

Yoda place impersonal objectivity above personal subjectivity, then he is a Thinker, not a Feeler.
    Ti, at any rate, is a subjective thinker. The objective functions are the four extraverted ones.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I think he's INTP. From what I recall at least, he doesn't seem to promote or express Fi or Fe exactly. Just instruction, right thinking, and opening your mind. At the end of the day, he's a critic, skeptical, and ultimately doesn't want anything to do with people either. I mean, he lives on a planet apparently all by himself.
    The remaining Jedi went into exile. Obi-wan went to Tatooine which is where he took Luke as a baby. Yoda fled to Dagobah. These are remote planets with few if any inhabitants. The most you can rightly say is that Yoda is an introvert who is comfortable with being alone for long periods.

Qui-Gon seemed to take a more Fe approach (and probably Ni too). About the only time Yoda uses Fe is when he acts perky, poking and prodding into Luke's space, and steals Luke's food. Trying to cheer him up and shit.
    I hardly think that's the only purpose Fe serves him, even if it applies to trying to cheer someone up. It is far more applicable to Yoda's uncanny ability to read others' feelings and attitudes (unless blocked by some intervening power). It is not Fe alone that matters but Ni+Fe.

http://www.personalitypage.com/INFJ_per.html

"They understand how others are feeling, and are genuinely concerned with others. This natural empathy and caring helps to be really effective at helping others through problems. In this manner, they make great friends, counselors, teachers, and mates."

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    The remaining Jedi went into exile. Obi-wan went to Tatooine which is where he took Luke as a baby. Yoda fled to Dagobah. These are remote planets with few if any inhabitants. The most you can rightly say is that Yoda is an introvert who is comfortable with being alone for long periods.
    I know that, but only Obi-Wan was forced to go to a specific place. Yoda had more choices, even if he needed to hide. Yet he chose an unhabited swamp planet. He could have chosen a remote village or something. Someplace that would feed his main "functions", if he was one bit inclined to have human connections or observe social life. He didn't. And it can't be just because he was scared. He's Yoda.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Yoda seems like an Ni dom to me because the strength of his intuition. He seems to know things that nobody could really know and converges on some insight or observation. I guess you could say it is because he is connected the the force but I have always drawn this connection between intuition and the force. It has always seems somewhat Ni like to me. I'd go with T over F. In either case, I think the way you need to look at it is that he is a mature and well balanced type of whatever he is and so it makes it harder to determine type because the preferences are moderated.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

If he was Ni, I don't think he'd take such plodding pace, and encourage his "wait and see" approach, like he is with Qui Gon. Anakin has some immature Ni popping up too, and Yoda waves him off. He doesn't align with their thinking, when they're so sure of destiny, or how the "time is now for me to do this". Anakin comes to Yoda about his premonitions too, and Yoda just tells him he's afraid of loss, and to be at peace with what happens. Even if it means his mom will die. They have a stronger sense of changing the future.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

If he was Ni, I don't think he'd take such plodding pace, and encourage his "wait and see" approach, like he is with Qui Gon. Anakin has some immature Ni popping up too, and Yoda waves him off. He doesn't align with their thinking, when they're so sure of destiny, or how the "time is now for me to do this". Anakin comes to Yoda about his premonitions too, and Yoda just tells him he's afraid of loss, and to be at peace with what happens. Even if it means his mom will die. They have a stronger sense of changing the future.
    Advice-giving and counseling others is an Fe behavior. But he hesitates only because of unclarity. Ni-dom is an inner form of perception which requires information first to pass on to the secondary judging function. If judgment came first he would be far more likely to act in the absence of information.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I know that, but only Obi-Wan was forced to go to a specific place. Yoda had more choices, even if he needed to hide. Yet he chose an unhabited swamp planet. He could have chosen a remote village or something. Someplace that would feed his main "functions", if he was one bit inclined to have human connections or observe social life. He didn't. And it can't be just because he was scared. He's Yoda.
    Why is everything in Star Wars either a desert planet, a forest planet, a cloud planet, or a swamp planet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Why is everything in Star Wars either a desert planet, a forest planet, a cloud planet, or a swamp planet?
    There's that one planet that was completely urban (where anakin/obi had a chase with a bounty hunter).

Why do I even remember this shit..

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

There's that one planet that was completely urban (where anakin/obi had a chase with a bounty hunter).

Why do I even remember this shit..
    You mean Coruscant?
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    I'm not sure that he came across as anything other than an idiot within the prequel trilogy. Seriously, all he ever does is offer useless advice and stand around looking confused at the obvious mechinations and evil plots going on around him (well, that could be said for just about everybody in the films except Palpatine). And then in episode two he contradicts his entire philosophy (the video above about 'being one with the force') from the original trilogy by pulling out a baby sized lightsaber and resorting to hands-on jumping combat; the point of Yoda was that he was beyond such means of battle, beyond the lightsaber (which itself is a tool for those who aren't completely at one with the force actually), he had ascended to the force through means of his soul; that he (nor anyone) didn't need to be physically strong in order to be a great jedi.
    Keep in mind though that the Prequel Trilogy occurred before the Original Trilogy, and that the downfall of the Jedi could have made quite an impact on him.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥