User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

aye aye, forgot I was derailing the throd.

continue yoda talk

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm not really buying the ENFJ theory, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    Also Jock, if I were a psychic who knew by a magical Force that the only way the universe could be saved was to desert myself on a swamp planet and wait for an obnoxious ISFJ, i'd STILL do it.
    Kind of a no-brainer really.

Also, no way is the Force exclusively an Ni preserve. The Force is not type specific. The only thing that can be said with any certainty about the Force is that it hates SJs. And if it were type specific, I would associate it with Fi more strongly than I do with Ni.

Yoda's no INFP though. He's insufficiently intense. In fact, the more I think about it, the more convinced I am that yoda is a wise old ENFP. Just look at the way he's all over Luke's shit as soon as he turns up. How ENFP is that!

. I'd so do the powerful jedi pretending to be stupid swamp creature thing. I probably wouldn't have as wise reason for it, more for amusement.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    . I'd so do the powerful jedi pretending to be stupid swamp creature thing. I probably wouldn't have as wise reason for it, more for amusement.
    Wise reason? He was totally doing it for his own amusement!

ENFP stuck in a swamp for decades with no other sentient creatures around, of course the first thing he's going to want to do when someone turns up will be to play.

Then when it turns out the person who turned up is a whiny twat who's not interested in playing, he goes into a sulk and decides he can't teach him because he has no patience. This despite the fact he's been camped out in a swamp all these decades precisely in order to teach the whiny twat when he shows up, and the future of the galaxy depends on him doing so! Yeah, like that's such "oh-I'm-so-clued-up-about-destiny" Ni behaviour.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Which NF type is more likely to be an Extraverted actor (as Yoda screws with Luke)? ENFJ
    Which NF type is more likely to try and boss you around? ENFJ
    Which NF type spews *specific*wisdom from their pours concerning a *specific* situation as though it was vital to save the universe? ENFJ
    Which NF type is most likely to pretend to be crippled, whilst acutally being able to kick your ass in 1,000 different pieces? ENFJ

INFPs are lovers, not fighters. They will more likely try to outwit their adversaries, rather than get into a saber fight.

Honestly guys, I'll go back and watch it again, but I'm relatively sure that Yoda is an ENFJ.
    Love is the point.

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

Which NF type spews *specific*wisdom from their pours concerning a *specific* situation as though it was vital to save the universe? ENFJ
    You mean kind of like arguing that Yoda was an ENFJ is of vital importance? I think you have proved your point.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Yoda is soooo INFP.

Ne:

Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.

He seems pretty constantly focused on explaining the interconnectedness of everything (Ne), and he spends a lot more time talking about personal feelings and emotions (his as well as others') than does the obviously INFJ Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan's insistence that his lie about Vader "murdering Luke's father" was true "from a certain point of view" is classic Ni--but Yoda doesn't mince words or sidestep problems this way. His ethical view is private, personal and deeply ingrained--seems like Fi to me. He's always directly informing Luke of the dangers associated with losing touch with his own emotions; that's so Fi!

I think Fi+Ne is pretty clear. Where are you guys getting Ni or Fe
    Luke is pretty clearly ISFP.
    Yoda seems pretty clearly to be a defender of the faith, so I think you may be onto something with INFP.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Which NF type is more likely to be an Extraverted actor (as Yoda screws with Luke)? ENFJ
    Which NF type is more likely to try and boss you around? ENFJ
    Which NF type is most likely to pretend to be crippled, whilst acutally being able to kick your ass in 1,000 different pieces? ENFJ

INFPs are lovers, not fighters. They will more likely try to outwit their adversaries, rather than get into a saber fight.

Honestly guys, I'll go back and watch it again, but I'm relatively sure that Yoda is an ENFJ.

You just picked several surface characteristics that you think represent ENFJs, then roundly dismissed INFP based on a grossly inaccurate generalization.

My INFP roommate has about eight semiautomatic firearms in his closet. INFPs can and will fight to the death to defend their ideals.

You haven't responded to any of the functional analysis that adoamros and I have discussed, but rather based your read on shallow surface characteristics and hasty generalizations with very little evidence.

I don't think watching Star Wars again is what you need to do--I think you need to read up on functional theory.

Just to humor you though--

1) Yoda never intentionally misleads Luke. He simply tries to expand Luke's perspective by explaining the interconnectedness of the universe in ways Luke has not yet realized. Ne

2) If you don't think INFPs will boss people around when something important to their values is at stake, look around this forum a little more closely.

3) I have no idea why you think "specific wisdom" concerning a "specific situation" is uniquely ENFJ. All types spew specific wisdom concerning specific situations, and if you were going to pick a type group that does this more often than others, it would not be an N type. It'd probably be an SJ.

4) I also have no idea why you think putting up a front of being crippled in order to disguise combat ability has anything to do with being ENFJ. This doesn't even seem type-related at all.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    CAT

I don't know what type Yoda is, but I don't think an INFP is too likely. First and foremost he is a mentor, which doesn't really correlate with the INFP archetype. Sometimes they are the "behind the scenes" mentors, but active mentors? That's rare. I think this archetype is much more closely correlated to NFJs. INFPs are usually those undertaking a spiritual journey (like Luke) or they're a sort of moral figure/example who doesn't really have to do anything at all. ^^;;
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I never thought I'd say this, but you guys have some pretty boxed in ideas about INFPs.

I'm half expecting, "No way dude, I've never met an INFP with green skin. There's no way he can be one!"
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?