Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Yoda speculates uselessly? I've watched the entire series recently, I don't quite recall that.

Bare in mind, the Force in this universe is a very real, very demonstrable, very tangible, very manipulable factor. The effects of the dark side of the force are very observable, hence Yoda's drive to meditate with intent. There is nothing in the writings of Jung that say Se does not think or have intent regarding motivations, particularly when Ti is the leading function.
    This is a good point. All of the magic is part of the reality. We can witness the changes it causes. If anything, perhaps an ISTP would observe these things very well.

I honestly have no clue now what Yoda's type was, as I'm pretty evenly split between ISTP, INTP, INTJ, and INFJ (hey, just like people argued for Jungs type).

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    This is a good point. All of the magic is part of the reality. We can witness the changes it causes. If anything, perhaps an ISTP would observe these things very well.

I honestly have no clue now what Yoda's type was, as I'm pretty evenly split between ISTP, INTP, INTJ, and INFJ (hey, just like people argued for Jungs type).
    Yeah. I think there is a saturation point of character where no immediate type is readily deployable; it grows subjective to the user ascribing the labels.

So of course, I have a bias to favor ISTP.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Yeah. I think there is a saturation point of character where no immediate type is readily deployable; it grows subjective to the user ascribing the labels.

So of course, I have a bias to favor ISTP.
    This website's author compared Yoda to Phil Jackson and said they're both INTJs - http://theincrediblyawesomekid.blogs...-business.html
    I wonder how accurate that stuff is, but it's funny!

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Is Yoda possibly an INFP even - he does like harmonizing with nature and seems to enjoy peace.

Also, why is it that every time I jump this thread back up, nonody ever keeps it going; because last year it was so huge.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

^ I agree, INFP.

WALMART

What. No way Fi-dom.

And no way Ne. I might take Ni.

INTJ, ISTJ, ISTP. Almost certainly in this range, though I'm pretty sure he's a sensor.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I don't actually think Yoda is Fi, but it was interesting to throw it out there and to see what feedback it would receive.

Enneagram
    9w8

Yoda's type? Oh, his letters are JEDI.

J=Jade shade [besides the pun on color, he wasn't born yesterday or the day before...he's seen it all, heard it all, not impressed by much of it.]
    E=Extraterrestrial cognitive functions [in common terms, he thinks like an alien]
    D=Determined [do or not do; there is no try kind of thinking.]
    I=Introverted [lives in a swamp all by himself]
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Clearly Yoda is in an Si-Ti loop of over-relying on Jedi traditions and putting them into rigidly classified systems.

Hmm, it's hard to say without knowing the typical age of his species. We know he is old but how old relatively speaking? If he has lived a long life relatively speaking then we can assume he is probably more well-rounded. He no doubt has had plenty of opportunity to develop his functions.

I am inclined to follow RW's lead and suggest he is an ISFJ or INTP over INFJ. He is the consular form of Jedi Master and that leads itself to contemplation and reflection. I think people are confusing his reflection and perception of the force for being Ni. I don't think he has much (if any) Ni in particular. He is wise but wisdom isn't limited to Ni users.