• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type is Yoda?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yoda speculates uselessly? I've watched the entire series recently, I don't quite recall that.

Bare in mind, the Force in this universe is a very real, very demonstrable, very tangible, very manipulable factor. The effects of the dark side of the force are very observable, hence Yoda's drive to meditate with intent. There is nothing in the writings of Jung that say Se does not think or have intent regarding motivations, particularly when Ti is the leading function.

This is a good point. All of the magic is part of the reality. We can witness the changes it causes. If anything, perhaps an ISTP would observe these things very well.

I honestly have no clue now what Yoda's type was, as I'm pretty evenly split between ISTP, INTP, INTJ, and INFJ (hey, just like people argued for Jungs type).

W

WALMART

This is a good point. All of the magic is part of the reality. We can witness the changes it causes. If anything, perhaps an ISTP would observe these things very well.

I honestly have no clue now what Yoda's type was, as I'm pretty evenly split between ISTP, INTP, INTJ, and INFJ (hey, just like people argued for Jungs type).

Yeah. I think there is a saturation point of character where no immediate type is readily deployable; it grows subjective to the user ascribing the labels.

So of course, I have a bias to favor ISTP.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is Yoda possibly an INFP even - he does like harmonizing with nature and seems to enjoy peace.

Also, why is it that every time I jump this thread back up, nonody ever keeps it going; because last year it was so huge.

W

WALMART

What. No way Fi-dom.

And no way Ne. I might take Ni.

INTJ, ISTJ, ISTP. Almost certainly in this range, though I'm pretty sure he's a sensor.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't actually think Yoda is Fi, but it was interesting to throw it out there and to see what feedback it would receive.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Yoda's type? Oh, his letters are JEDI.

J=Jade shade [besides the pun on color, he wasn't born yesterday or the day before...he's seen it all, heard it all, not impressed by much of it.]
E=Extraterrestrial cognitive functions [in common terms, he thinks like an alien]
D=Determined [do or not do; there is no try kind of thinking.]
I=Introverted [lives in a swamp all by himself]

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Clearly Yoda is in an Si-Ti loop of over-relying on Jedi traditions and putting them into rigidly classified systems.

Standuble

Hmm, it's hard to say without knowing the typical age of his species. We know he is old but how old relatively speaking? If he has lived a long life relatively speaking then we can assume he is probably more well-rounded. He no doubt has had plenty of opportunity to develop his functions.

I am inclined to follow RW's lead and suggest he is an ISFJ or INTP over INFJ. He is the consular form of Jedi Master and that leads itself to contemplation and reflection. I think people are confusing his reflection and perception of the force for being Ni. I don't think he has much (if any) Ni in particular. He is wise but wisdom isn't limited to Ni users.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm, it's hard to say without knowing the typical age of his species. We know he is old but how old relatively speaking? If he has lived a long life relatively speaking then we can assume he is probably more well-rounded. He no doubt has had plenty of opportunity to develop his functions.

With great age comes great wisdom! :sage:

I am inclined to follow RW's lead and suggest he is an ISFJ or INTP over INFJ. He is the consular form of Jedi Master and that leads itself to contemplation and reflection. I think people are confusing his reflection and perception of the force for being Ni. I don't think he has much (if any) Ni in particular. He is wise but wisdom isn't limited to Ni users.

It's in good hopes I believe to feel other people of various personalities can become wise, functions or otherwise (no pun intended).

Yoda in my eyes isn't a sensor. I made a small little case for ISFJ to get better input, kind of like I did with INFP. Also note that Yoda tends to think more than the other masters.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTP 9w1 So/Sx

INTP because he was a deep thinker.
9w1 because he liked to find balance.
So/Sx because he took a global view.

^ I'm going with that again for Yoda's type, for the above reasons.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
he could be an ENTJ that has highly developed his Se and Fi through years of training.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think he's an E9.

MBTI he is probably an ISFJ.

He expresses himself the same way that ISFJ's express their Fe.

In a genuine, sincere, ...experienceing the world as a new place kind of way.

He succumbs to shock as an ISFJ would.

His Si has experienced the force lol, that's why he can believe without having to see first.

Debaser

MBTI Type
xNTJ
I think INTP. Remember, Yoda doesn't really care much for emotion. ("Fear leads to anger..." etc.) He also manipulates Luke and tries to get him to kill his father without telling him the truth. He's not a softie. And really, INFP is the only other possibility. The other three letters are pretty clear.