First 17252627282937 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Ni is about a planned single vision of the future.
    Palpatine.

Luke is not a planner of the future. He is just opened about possibilities. While SPs are opened about opportunities, but when Ben offers it, he does not take it and jump into action, as a true SP would do, but is bond by his tertiary Si and "what if" thinking.
    I don't know which scene you're referring to. But Luke is only Se secondarily, so he will be rather torn between Fi loyalty and the Se drive to seek excitement. I married an ISFP and so I know the type very well.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I can understand an ISFP being a little absent minded at times but "never" focused on the present moment, never? Sounds a bit antithetical for an SP, unless Yoda was completely wrong about him.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I can understand an ISFP being a little absent minded at times but "never" focused on the present moment, never? Sounds a bit antithetical for an SP, unless Yoda was completely wrong about him.
    It sounds like Yoda is just projecting his N traits. Nothing in Luke's character shows him to be anything but present-minded. But to say that ISFPs can't dream about the future is to subtract a lot of their common humanity. It may be necessary to bring in some Ni tertiary to fill in the blanks.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Re: Midichlorians, they weren't the force, just the link to the force, the force is like the internet and Midichlorians are more like a modem. So Yoda was accurate in describing the force as a mystical energy field an explanation of Midichlorians is only neccessary if you're explaining how force potential is measured in individuals.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been brought up but Yoda has a tendency to use improper grammar structure, which would tend to rule out T.
    That's how people of his specie talk, that has nothing to do with his MBTI type.

"Yoda is not good at languages, therefore it's rule out NF".

I can do stupid connection between one aspect of a character and his mbti type too.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

This.

For the midi-chlorian thing, many fans think it was an error from Lucas to invent that, and I lean to agree with that.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Palpatine.
    Yes, Palpatine is an Ni-dom. But we're not talking about him.

I don't know which scene you're referring to.
    When Ben ask Luke to go with him on Alderaan after they saw the Leia's message. A true SP would suddendly take that opportunity to jump into action. But he does not, therefore he's not SP. Chewbacca , Boba Fett and Han are true SPs, see the difference. True ISFPs in Star Wars are Wicket the Ewok and maybe Beru.

But Luke is only Se secondarily, so he will be rather torn between Fi loyalty and the Se drive to seek excitement.
    Fi is not about dependability to routine. Fi/Se combination has not the dependability to routine of the Fi/Si combination.

I married an ISFP and so I know the type very well.
    Beru is a true ISFP. She's very focused on concrete task, but is laid-back and carefree, the exact opposite of Luke, who is INFP.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    nerd

yoda is type PPPT. he's a god damn puppet.

That's how people of his specie talk, that has nothing to do with his MBTI type.

"Yoda is not good at languages, therefore it's rule out NF".

I can do stupid connection between one aspect of a character and his mbti type too.
    Haha, you crack me up. I guess you realize I was taking the piss. I'd like to hear one of your stupid connections, please.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Re: Midichlorians, they weren't the force, just the link to the force, the force is like the internet and Midichlorians are more like a modem. So Yoda was accurate in describing the force as a mystical energy field an explanation of Midichlorians is only neccessary if you're explaining how force potential is measured in individuals.
    Yes, I'm just saying that Yoda focused on the mystical aspect when instructing Luke, not on the physical catalyst living in his bloodstream.