First 15232425262735 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    No, you prefer to stick on one line which doesn't prove anything. Anyway, the entire movie is online, watch it.
    Obviously there is no such quote. Why must you always play to lose?

No, they are focused on what they do, not on the future.
    Luke, who is Se-aux, is focused on bombing womp rats from his speeder. When his uncle and aunt are killed he wants to follow in his father's footsteps (of course he didn't know who that was at the time). There you have Fi and Se.

Spending a long time doing diplomacy and negotiating with Jabba. Luke is more focused on diplomacy than on tactic. He is an NF, not an SP.
    Where are you getting this crap from? You're just throwing crap to the wind and asking me to track down your sources for you.

Prove it.
    See?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Obviously there is no such quote. Why must you always play to lose?
    [youtube=3A_uOaA3e_0]Star Wars: Yoda's Training and Wisdom[/youtube]

At 2.00, Yoda critic the too much strong leaning to be focused on the future and not enough on wha he is doing. So he is N, not S.

Take that in your face and do your homework.

Also, Yoda has no problem to express his critical judgement openly to Luke and desn't care about how he feels about this. He is T, not F.

Luke, who is Se-aux, is focused on bombing womp rats from his speeder. When his uncle and aunt are killed he wants to follow in his father's footsteps (of course he didn't know who that was at the time). There you have Fi and Se.
    You can have Se without being an Ne dom. We all have the 8 functions. Actually, when Ben talk about him joining the rebellion for the first time, he suddendly become focused on the concrete routine, in balance with his usual daydreaming and future oriented nature. Luke is Ne-Si. Daydreaminjg but tend to be routine bound.

Where are you getting this crap from? You're just throwing crap to the wind and asking me to track down your sources for you
    Book about MBTI.

See?
    No proof. Try again.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

[youtube=3A_uOaA3e_0]Star Wars: Yoda's Training and Wisdom[/youtube]

At 2.00, Yoda critic the too much strong leaning to be focused on the future and not enough on wha he is doing. So he is N, not S.

Take that in your face and do your homework.

Also, Yoda has no problem to express his critical judgement openly to Luke and desn't care about how he feels about this. He is T, not F.

You can have Se without being an Ne dom. We all have the 8 functions. Actually, when Ben talk about him joining the rebellion for the first time, he suddendly become focused on the concrete routine, in balance with his usual daydreaming and future oriented nature. Luke is Ne-Si. Daydreaminjg but tend to be routine bound.

Book about MBTI.

No proof. Try again.
    What the hell is a "future-oriented nature"? That's just psycho-babble.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

What the hell is a "future-oriented nature"? That's just psycho-babble.
    Preference for being focused on the future.

See what happened: you skipped all my arguments because you had noting to counter them, and try to save that nip-ticking about the sense of the words. You losed.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Ok, I'm doing my homework now.

Luke: "How far away is Yoda? Will it take us long to get there?" (Asks specific, concrete questions)
    Luke: "Come on... How could you know my father? You don't even know who I am." (Skeptical Sensing questions)
    Luke: "I don't even know what I'm doing here, we're wasting our time!" (ISFPs are action-oriented individuals. They are "doers" http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html
    Luke: "I am ready. I can be a Jedi. Ben, tell him I'm ready!" (ISFPs are action-oriented individuals. They are "doers" http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html
    Yoda: (pointing to Luke) "You are reckless." Yoda doesn't really understand Luke. People who don't know them well may see their unique way of life as a sign of carefree light-heartedness, but the ISFP actually takes life very seriously, constantly gathering specific information and shifting it through their value systems, in search for clarification and underlying meaning. http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html
    Yoda: (mockingly at Luke) "Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh." (ISFPs are action-oriented individuals. They are "doers" http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html "Always looking to the future." Luke prefers excitement and adventure over farming, these are future possibilities of novel sensory experiences. Luke's future goals are all sensory in nature.
    Luke: "Is the dark side stronger? How am I to know the good side from the bad?" (Specific, concrete Sensing questions.)
    Luke: "There's something not right. I feel cold... What's in there?" (Sensory statements and questions.)
    Luke: "Will they die?"

There is utterly nothing of an Intuitive nature about Luke Skywalker.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Ok, I'm doing my homework now.

Luke: "How far away is Yoda? Will it take us long to get there?" (Asks specific, concrete questions)
    Luke: "Come on... How could you know my father? You don't even know who I am." (Skeptical Sensing questions)
    Luke: "I don't even know what I'm doing here, we're wasting our time!" (ISFPs are action-oriented individuals. They are "doers" http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html
    Luke: "I am ready. I can be a Jedi. Ben, tell him I'm ready!" (ISFPs are action-oriented individuals. They are "doers" http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html
    Yoda: (pointing to Luke) "You are reckless." Yoda doesn't really understand Luke. People who don't know them well may see their unique way of life as a sign of carefree light-heartedness, but the ISFP actually takes life very seriously, constantly gathering specific information and shifting it through their value systems, in search for clarification and underlying meaning. http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html
    Yoda: (mockingly at Luke) "Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh." (ISFPs are action-oriented individuals. They are "doers" http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html "Always looking to the future." Luke prefers excitement and adventure over farming, these are future possibilities of novel sensory experiences. Luke's future goals are all sensory in nature.
    Luke: "Is the dark side stronger? How am I to know the good side from the bad?" (Specific, concrete Sensing questions.)
    Luke: "There's something not right. I feel cold... What's in there?" (Sensory statements and questions.)
    Luke: "Will they die?"

There is utterly nothing of an Intuitive nature about Luke Skywalker.

Luker is more focused on the future than on the sensory details of the present. Therefore he is N over S. That's all. INFPs, as many Ps have an appel for adventure too, so you did not prove anything. If Luke was truly a doer, he would have jumped into action when Ben talked him about this. But he suddendly became focused on routine. Luke is tertiary Si, not auxilary Se.

"This one, a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away. To the future. To the horizon. Never his mind on where he was… what he was doing! Adventure, heh! Excitement, heh!… A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless!"
    Luke, as an INFP is adventurous and future oriented. ISFPs are adventurous and present oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by wookieepedia
    In his youth, Luke was often impatient, looking ahead to the future with little regard for his present surroundings.
    A sensor, hum?

According to Han Solo, his first impression of Skywalker was a naïve kid who needed to be taught a thing or two.[163]
    That's the typical impression that STPs get about INFPs. For ISFPs, they see them as more sensitive than them, but ressourceful and not naive kids. Also, what Han, an STP think about Luke is quite similar with what Yoda, as an NTP, thinks about Luke, except that Yoda is more abstract than Han, but not more emotional ofr Feeler than Han.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Luker is more focused on the future than on the sensory details of the present. Therefore he is N over S. That's all. INFPs, as many Ps have an appel for adventure too, so you did not prove anything.
    You're just picking and choosing. This is called confirmation bias. There is nothing intuitive about focusing on future goals, as Yoda said, of excitement and adventure. Luke, according to all the evidence, is a concrete-bound Sensor. All of the quotes, here and on websites, show Luke's Sensing nature.
    http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0000273/quotes
    Luke: I want my lamp back. I'm gonna need it to get out of this slimy mudhole. ("Slimy mudhole" is a statement of simple fact - Sensor).
    Luke: I don't, I don't believe it. (Luke failing to raise his fighter out of the swamp; Sensors disbelieve in extra-normal events.)
    Luke: But Han and Leia will die if I don't. (A concrete statement based on what Luke knows about the facts.)
    Luke: (asking Yoda) Vader... Is the dark side stronger? (IOW, does the fact that Vader is powerful with Force mean the dark side is stronger?) They constantly gather specific information about people, and seek to discover what it means. http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html
    Luke: Well, I stumbled across a recording while I was cleaning him. He says that he belongs to someone named Obi-Wan Kenobi. I thought he might have meant old Ben. Do you know what he's talking about? (Asking for specific, concrete Sensor information)
    Luke: I want to come with you to Alderaan. There's nothing for me here now. I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like my father. (A simple concrete goal, being a future goal does not make it intuitive.)
    Luke: [indicating R2-D2] This little droid. I think he's searching for his former master. I've never seen such devotion in a droid before. Ah, he claims to be the property of an Obi-Wan Kenobi. Is he a relative of yours? Do you know what he's talking about? They constantly gather specific information about people, and seek to discover what it means. http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html
    Luke: [angry] Okay. Take care of yourself Han. I guess that's what you're best at isn't it? (Fi-dom statement chiding Han for being selfishly concerned)
    Luke: [on first seeing the Millennium Falcon] What a piece of junk!

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

You're just picking and choosing. This is called confirmation bias. There is nothing intuitive about focusing on future goals, as Yoda said, of excitement and adventure. Luke, according to all the evidence, is a concrete-bound Sensor. All of the quotes, here and on websites, show Luke's Sensing nature.
    http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0000273/quotes
    Luke: I want my lamp back. I'm gonna need it to get out of this slimy mudhole. ("Slimy mudhole" is a statement of simple fact - Sensor).
    Luke: I don't, I don't believe it. (Luke failing to raise his fighter out of the swamp; Sensors disbelieve in extra-normal events.)
    Luke: But Han and Leia will die if I don't. (A concrete statement based on what Luke knows about the facts.)
    Luke: (asking Yoda) Vader... Is the dark side stronger? (IOW, does the fact that Vader is powerful with Force mean the dark side is stronger?) They constantly gather specific information about people, and seek to discover what it means. http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html
    Luke: Well, I stumbled across a recording while I was cleaning him. He says that he belongs to someone named Obi-Wan Kenobi. I thought he might have meant old Ben. Do you know what he's talking about? (Asking for specific, concrete Sensor information)
    Luke: I want to come with you to Alderaan. There's nothing for me here now. I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like my father. (A simple concrete goal, being a future goal does not make it intuitive.)
    Luke: [indicating R2-D2] This little droid. I think he's searching for his former master. I've never seen such devotion in a droid before. Ah, he claims to be the property of an Obi-Wan Kenobi. Is he a relative of yours? Do you know what he's talking about? They constantly gather specific information about people, and seek to discover what it means. http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html
    Luke: [angry] Okay. Take care of yourself Han. I guess that's what you're best at isn't it? (Fi-dom statement chiding Han for being selfishly concerned)
    Luke: [on first seeing the Millennium Falcon] What a piece of junk!

Same. Luke is asking question, have "maybe" thinking, and is focused on the future. So he is N, not S. Luke is a Perceiver of his external environment, and then is a questioner. SP are Perceiver of their external environment and then are Doers.

"This one, a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away. To the future. To the horizon. Never his mind on where he was… what he was doing!

In his youth, Luke was often impatient, looking ahead to the future with little regard for his present surroundings.
    You must prove that it doesn't mean that Luke is a N.

At first you said there was no quotes. Now you are saying that the quotes mean nothing. That lack of consistency is a good clue that you are wrong.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Same.
    Naturally.

Luke is asking question,
    concrete questions...

have "maybe" thinking,
    Psychobabble. There is no such thing as "maybe thinking."

and is focused on the future.
    In terms of the concrete goals he set forth. Are you saying that Sensors don't think about the future?

So he is N, not S.
    Non sequitur.

You're certainly not behind on your Star Wars homework. But you're definitely lacking in the MBTI department.

Luke is a Perceiver of his external environment, and then is a questioner. SP are Perceiver of their external environment and then are Doers.
    Close. Luke is a Perceiver, his perceptions are externally driven - and then he asks typical ISFP questions so he can then do something with the answers.
    Luke: "I don't even know what I'm doing here, we're wasting our time!" (In more ways than one...)

You must prove that it doesn't mean that Luke is a N.
    I have already done so many times.

At first you said there was no quotes. Now you are saying that the quotes mean nothing. That lack of consistency is a good clue that you are wrong.
    My clue that you are wrong is that fact that you are always wrong.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

concrete questions...
    Not especially. "Will they die" "maybe it's the old ben"... Luke coniders possbilities, the future.

Psychobabble. There is no such thing as "maybe thinking."
    One more y from tou to avoid the eviden with nip-ticking about the sense of the words. If you think "maybe", you are considering possibilities and therefore using Ne.

In terms of the concrete goals he set forth. Are you saying that Sensors don't think about the future?

This one, a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away. To the future. To the horizon. Never his mind on where he was… what he was doing!

They are certainly not like this. Face the evidences.

You're certainly not behind on your Star Wars homework. But you're definitely lacking in the MBTI department.
    You have no argument to support you assertions, so it has no value.

Close. Luke is a Perceiver, his perceptions are externally driven - and then he asks typical ISFP questions so he can then do something with the answers.
    Luke: "I don't even know what I'm doing here, we're wasting our time!" (In more ways than one...)
    uke is reckless but lack of focus on the present moment and sensoryawareness. Therefore he is an NP.

I have already done so many times.
    Never.

My clue that you are wrong is that fact that you are always wrong.
    You say I'am wrong without anything to support the idea that I'am wrong. Therefore you are wrong. End of the story.

Coluche said that it was easy to say an intelligent thing: you just have to read a bullshit and say the contrary. It worls pretty well in your case.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%