User Tag List

First 10181920212230 Last

deleted

I can see how you might say that about ISTPs, though I think there's more to it than stereotype, in the sense that a type can differ a bit in personality and goals but still have the same intrinsic mindset towards things. He's more introverted, enclosed and thoughtful than Solo, but functionally quite a suiter for the type, and I don't believe in any ISTJs who really use Ti especially to such an extent. So even if someone shows no sign of 'Pe' I would still have to assume IxTP because Ti is their way of life. Ti primary is Ti primary.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

@Speed Gavroche

What you seem to misunderstand is that the T/F dichotomy is not completely literal; F is not just emotions, nor is T just rationality. F's can be rationa in as much as T's emotional; the real difference between the two is values vs. logic.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Glad you think Solo is an ISTP. If you typed him as an INTP I would have lost a lot of faith in you .

Solo tend to get typed by some as ENTP. And the main culprits are poeple who type themselves as ENTPs. This is quite disappointing. And the reasons they give are, is that he is quite inventive, has his ship which he has built practically by himself etc. Very very disappointing indeed to read those posts trying to claim that he is an ENTP. Surely the ISTPs have been underestimated as usual.
    Solo is as inventive as any mechanic who can build something big or small. But he is not an Inventor, he is a grease-monkey and a pirate.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Study Skylights' excellent analysis above in which she stated that Fe is not about emotions but values.
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    @Speed Gavroche

What you seem to misunderstand is that the T/F dichotomy is not completely literal; F is not just emotions, nor is T just rationality. F's can be rationa in as much as T's emotional; the real difference between the two is values vs. logic.
    Just adding more of my own input:

Of course I agree that types care as much about their values as their emotions, but I generally agree with certain individuals when they argue that Tx primary types are the most logic-focused and least emotion-oriented people, and the opposite for Fx primaries. I think Fe is as much about emotions as ethical values. When any type takes into consideration ethical values they look to their and people's emotions, and we often don't get over ourselves to take into consideration others' a lot of the time, so we make little sacrifices to help ourselves. Only those the most misguided and ignorant about their feelings have inferior feeling.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Just adding more of my own input:

Of course I agree that types care as much about their values as their emotions, I generally agree that Tx primary types are the most logic-focused and least emotion-oriented, and the opposite for Fx primaries.
    Yes, but the Thinking type is not "emotional." And yet a lot of that has to do with public persona. An NT type might cry during a movie when nobody else is around.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

The only possible INTP that is greater than possible INTP Yoda is Darth Revan.

Darth Revan was an INTP right?

If he was he is the greatest INTP villain ever, powerful enough to wreak ultimate destruction upon all evil xNTJ overlords!

Threads like this make me realize that I am not a true Sci-Fi fan. I barely remember the movies.

Still, these guess-the-type games are part of the fun of forums like these... so based on the impression I have left over, and the cryptic way Yoda taught, I was thinking he was some form of Ni dom.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

F is about taking emotions and value judgement in the decision making process, and Yoda doesn't do that. Therefore he is not a F. That's all.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    That doesn't even sound like the Yoda I saw in the movies. It looks like you're just saying that because Yoda can rub his chin and look pensive, and other things along those lines, that this makes him an INTP.
    Luke is a true F. He is driven by feelings and when his relatives are threatened, he must act based on his emotional impulses and can't think. While Yoda is always level-headed and rational. The difference is clear. Luke is a F, Yoda is a T.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Threads like this make me realize that I am not a true Sci-Fi fan. I barely remember the movies.

Still, these guess-the-type games are part of the fun of forums like these... so based on the impression I have left over, and the cryptic way Yoda taught, I was thinking he was some form of Ni dom.
    Every iNtuitors are abstracts in their speech and therefore can look cryptic. Every N, not only INFJs.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%