First 9171819202129 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Yoda is not of an emotional nature. Even aknowledging the the jedis are dying by centuries he still logic, objective, calm and in control.
    Those are stereotypes.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post

"NFs...tend to neclect being critical" has no reality, as Skylights has already pointed out.
    It has reality. They are more focused on the "human" subjective side than on the objective, logical and critical side, that they can neglect.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Those are stereotypes.
    No.

He also has no problem to neglect the personal feeling of Obi-Wan about Ankin and send him kill his padawan. Yoda a F? Yoda "emotional"? Let me laugh.

Obi-Wan is a T too anyway. So he overcomes his feelings rather quickly. But he has actually more connection with emotion than Yoda. Obi-Wan is tertiary-F, and ISTJ, Yoda is inferior F, and INTP.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Dominant: Introverted thinking (Ti)Ti seeks precision, such as the exact word to express an idea. It notices the minute distinctions that define the essence of things, then analyzes and classifies them. Ti examines all sides of an issue, looking to solve problems while minimizing effort and risk. It uses models to root out logical inconsistency.[12] Ti is calm, articulate, and aware of the forces that bind reality together. As introverted Thinkers, INTPs spend the majority of their time and energy ordering the interior, logical world of principles and generalizations in an effort to understand.

[edit] Auxiliary: Extraverted intuition (Ne)Ne finds and interprets hidden meanings, using “what if” questions to explore alternatives, allowing multiple possibilities to coexist. This imaginative play weaves together insights and experiences from various sources to form a new whole, which can then become a catalyst to action.[13] Ne gives INTPs a grasp of the patterns of the world around them. They use their intuition to amalgamate empirical data into coherent pictures, from which they can derive universal principles. INTPs frequently puzzle over a problem for hours on end, until the answer suddenly crystallizes in a flash of insight. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intp
    Tbh, albeit INTP qualities like logical precision, analysis, patterns and examination, this sounds a bit just like any intuitive type, especially when we get into the bigger picture, words like "essence", "meaning," "principles," "generalizations," "distinctions," "exploration," and furthermore how this description fully applies to Yoda. I don't think I would use that to base a typing of just INTP. I would however look at examples of Ti primaries, as there is a pretty clear difference in how their personalities manifest http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1846926, where as the Ni description posted sounds obscure and incomplete. The value of functional theory is we actually see them quite clearly take presidence over the types' thought pattern. In the case of Fi, Si, Ti and Ni alike.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    It has reality. They are more focused on the "human" subjective side than on the objective, logical and critical side, that they can neglect.
    That doesn't even sound like the Yoda I saw in the movies. It looks like you're just saying that because Yoda can rub his chin and look pensive, and other things along those lines, that this makes him an INTP.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Since we're discussing characters, examples of your typical primary Ti's are: L from Death Note, Walter White from Breaking Bad, Han Solo from Star Wars, Spock from Star Trek, Daria Morgendorffer from Daria, and a few others listed in this thread I may agree with. Watch these characters and you'll learn about Ti's and their focus on logic, technicality, and common sense over everything else.
    Ah Han Solo is indeed an Ti dom. But Poli, don't tell me that you think he is an INTP.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

A classic INTP/INFJ Vs. INTJ showdown, the 3 most powerful types in the world!

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Ah Han Solo is indeed an Ti dom. But Poli, don't tell me that you think he is an INTP.
    Actually I think Solo is ISTP and I'm thinking Spock may be a much more rigid ISTP. He's Ti all over the board but seems to lack Ne and uses Se well. It's just an issue of Keirseyan stereotype at this point. Nobody will claim someone that rigid as an ISTP but will throw them in INTP. That's some place I disagree.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

A lot of people think people who might really be ISTPs such as Sherlock Holmes and Spock like poli says think they are really INTJs!

Well I guess ISTP, INTP, and INTJ are look alike types, so I would say Spock and Holmes could be either one of those 3 types, but if you type by functions, they might be ISTP.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Actually I think Solo is ISTP and I'm thinking Spock may be a much more rigid ISTP. He's Ti all over the board but seems to lack Ne and uses Se well. It's just an issue of Keirseyan stereotype at this point. Nobody will claim someone that rigid as an ISTP but will throw them in INTP. That's some place I disagree.
    Glad you think Solo is an ISTP. If you typed him as an INTP I would have lost a lot of faith in you .

Solo tend to get typed by some as ENTP. And the main culprits are poeple who type themselves as ENTPs. This is quite disappointing. And the reasons they give are, is that he is quite inventive, has his ship which he has built practically by himself etc. Very very disappointing indeed to read those posts trying to claim that he is an ENTP. Surely the ISTPs have been underestimated as usual.

Anyway, I believe Spock is an ISTJ though. He is not very expressive and I don't recall him ever being expressive. ISTPs even the more introverted ones from time to time tend to be quite expressive - probably due to Se + Fe.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    A lot of people think people who might really be ISTPs such as Sherlock Holmes and Spock like poli says think they are really INTJs!
    Regarding the novels -

Sherlock Holmes is quite a confusing person to type though in anyone's defense. I would have typed him hands down ISTP myself, if not for a few facts which stick out of character.

Hmmm...

Maybe they could be explained by his instinctual variants.