User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Show it.
    There's already been examples of Ti types vs Ni types.

Since we're discussing characters, examples of your typical primary Ti's are: L from Death Note, Walter White from Breaking Bad, Han Solo from Star Wars, Spock from Star Trek, Daria Morgendorffer from Daria, and a few others listed in this thread I may agree with. Watch these characters and you'll learn about Ti's and their focus on logic, technicality, and common sense over everything else.

INFJs are as much Feeler than INFPs and obiously more than INTPs. Except that Yoda never use feelings to explain things.
    Secondary Fe to Ni vs Primary Fi. There's a difference.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

[QUOTE=Mal+;1846924]Of course, that was his planet of exile after the prequels, and for as long as it took to make a move against the Empire.[/quote}

Yes, and the initiative to start the initiation of Luke came from Obi-Wan, a true chart-the-course guy. Yoda is Behind-the-scene and INTP, not INFJ.

Yes, Yoda was aware of the Dark Side growing stronger, but it also prevented him from making a decision by blocking his intuition. That's why he spent a lot of time in the prequels looking confused. And then, when he found something to fight against, he fought (Dooku).
    What you say here is ointless in order to type him.

Skylights is correct. And you yourself know that Feeling is about values such as interpersonal harmony, not about emotions.
    It about both, and Yoda hardly care about any of theses things. So he is not a F.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    There's already been examples of Ti types vs Ni types.

Since we're discussing characters, your typical primary Ti's are: L from Death Note, Walter White from Breaking Bad, Han Solo from Star Wars, Spock from Star Trek, Daria Morgendorffer from Daria. Watch these characters and you'll learn about Ti and their focus on logic.
    I'am ESTP, so I know at least as much about Ti than you, intj, thanks.

INTP is Ti-Ne, so they are idea oriented too, Ne is the external function, so it's the one which is externaly visible.

With true INFJs, it's the feeling function which is externaly visible: Padmé, Shmi, Dooku, not Yoda.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Well, Yoda must have seen some potential or else he wouldn't have tried to make him a Jedi master. This is all canon. But potentiality does not equal actuality. To make the potential real requires the drawing out of abilities that Skylights mentioned.
    But he didn't believe in actuality, at the contrary to NFs who tend to neclect being critical and be focused on growth.

"Being warm" with Luke is just you digging yourself in deeper.
    You hit the bottom since a long time.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Yes, true. Especially seeing as Yoda is in the business of helping find and train new Jedi knights.

He was also a general in the Clone Wars, incidentally. He might be calm and patient but he is not passive.
    It could even be argued that Yoda started the Clone Wars.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Feeling does not equal emotion.
    The only issue I think is most would agree that Yoda is fairly of an emotional nature and not by any means Fe inferior.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

But he didn't believe in actuality, at the contrary to NFs who tend to neclect being critical and be focused on growth.
    You're just pulling ideas out of your ass, as usual.

You hit the bottom since a long time.
    Hit the bottom? Yes, I am a topper in a sense, but I don't fly that way. Thanks for the offer anyway.

"NFs...tend to neclect being critical" has no reality, as Skylights has already pointed out.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

The only issue I think is most would agree that Yoda is fairly of an emotional nature and not by any means Fe inferior.
    Study Skylights' excellent analysis above in which she stated that Fe is not about emotions but values.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Yoda is not of an emotional nature. Even aknowledging the the jedis are dying by centuries he still logic, objective, calm and in control.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Dominant: Introverted thinking (Ti)Ti seeks precision, such as the exact word to express an idea. It notices the minute distinctions that define the essence of things, then analyzes and classifies them. Ti examines all sides of an issue, looking to solve problems while minimizing effort and risk. It uses models to root out logical inconsistency.[12] Ti is calm, articulate, and aware of the forces that bind reality together. As introverted Thinkers, INTPs spend the majority of their time and energy ordering the interior, logical world of principles and generalizations in an effort to understand.

[edit] Auxiliary: Extraverted intuition (Ne)Ne finds and interprets hidden meanings, using “what if” questions to explore alternatives, allowing multiple possibilities to coexist. This imaginative play weaves together insights and experiences from various sources to form a new whole, which can then become a catalyst to action.[13] Ne gives INTPs a grasp of the patterns of the world around them. They use their intuition to amalgamate empirical data into coherent pictures, from which they can derive universal principles. INTPs frequently puzzle over a problem for hours on end, until the answer suddenly crystallizes in a flash of insight.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intp

Dominant: Introverted intuition (Ni)Attracted to symbolic actions or devices, Ni synthesizes seeming paradoxes to create the previously unimagined. These realizations come with a certainty that demands action to fulfill a new vision of the future, solutions that may include complex systems or universal truths.[19]

[edit] Auxiliary: Extraverted feeling (Fe)Fe seeks social connections and creates harmonious interactions through polite, considerate, and appropriate behavior. Fe responds to the explicit (and implicit) wants of others, and may even create an internal conflict between the subject’s own needs and the desire to meet the needs of others.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INFJ

I vote Yoda was a TiNi INTP who used the functions of both INTP and INFJ because he is God and breaks the laws of MBTI.

And don't forget about Yoda Einstein fellas!