• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type is Yoda?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Now that I think Yoda is INFJ, I am starting to doubt my self identification of being INTP...

You can study this stuff for years and not know what your type is, not to mention fictional characters and other real world people. Wow!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Since nobody who is an INFJ is arguing for Yoda being INFJ, I am starting to question Yoda's INFJ typing.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Flip-flop much?

Ah yes, the glory of the perceiving function, forever remaining indecicive and endlessly probing and gathering information, the way of learning!

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Luke... ok, INFP.

Do you have any reasoning for that? Because Mal explained quite well how Sensor-like he is.

Preference for being focused on the future.

This is Ni, not Ne. SPs use Ni.

Perceivers use Ne or Se, and Perceivers are present-oriented, while Judgers use Ni or Si, and Judgers are future-oriented.

Honestly, when does Ne look to the future? It doesn't. It tries to find possibilities and connections between things, not a future goal.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you have any reasoning for that? Because Mal explained quite well how Sensor-like he is.

No.

This is Ni, not Ne. SPs use Ni.

But they prefer Se. So they are naturally focused on the present, not "all their life focused on the future" like Luke is. SP's dislike being focused on the future.

Perceivers use Ne or Se, and Perceivers are present-oriented, while Judgers use Ni or Si, and Judgers are future-oriented.

No. Si is past oriente, Se is present oriented, Ne and Ni are futur oriented. MBTI 101.

Honestly, when does Ne look to the future? It doesn't. It tries to find possibilities and connections between things, not a future goal.

Unlike the extroverted sensor type qui sont pris dans ce qu'ils font sur le momentfocused on what he is doing on the moment, the extroverted intuitive type is oriented to the future.See the possibilities for tomorrow, the next week or the next year is what catch thier interest. They immediately not the physcal detail that Extroverted Sensor still a long time one and use it as a springboard to fly to a world of possibilities.

http://www.16-types.fr/modele/modele-MBTI-5-8-fonctions.html

End of the story.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But they prefer Se. So they are naturally focused on the present, not "all their life focused on the future" like Luke is. SP's dislike being focused on the future.

What's to say that Luke focused his life completely on the future anyway? Just because Yoda says it, doesn't make it true. He could have been using a metaphor to get Luke to think.

No. Si is past oriente, Se is present oriented, Ne and Ni are futur oriented. MBTI 101.

But Si draws from the past to prepare for the future. These are what Js do. Perceivers just live life as it comes, more often than not (i.e., present-oriented).

Do you evidence that supports that Ne is future-oriented rather than just "possibilities" oriented? And no, just because one ponders possibilities, does NOT make them future-oriented. Future-oriented means planning long-term and preparing for the future, while Ne just wants to look at present-moment things via perception and consider the possibilities and connections they have.

May I get that in English, please? :laugh:

Turtledove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yoda's MBTI type is....
EPIC

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's to say that Luke focused his life completely on the future anyway? Just because Yoda says it, doesn't make it true. He could have been using a metaphor to get Luke to think.

You're jsut trying to neglect the facts, speculating that Yoda was using a metaphor without any tangible puprose to support your assertion.

But Si draws from the past to prepare for the future. These are what Js do. Perceivers just live life as it comes, more often than not (i.e., present-oriented).

Yoy can be live and let live without being focused on the future, on the sensory details like SPs are.

May I get that in English, please? :laugh:

Are you stupid? I've ever wrote it in english. :doh:

Unlike the extroverted sensor type focused on what he is doing on the moment, the extroverted intuitive type is oriented to the future.See the possibilities for tomorrow, the next week or the next year is what catch thier interest. They immediately note the physcal detail that Extroverted Sensor still a long time on and use it as a springboard to fly to a world of possibilities.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're jsut trying to neglect the facts, speculating that Yoda was using a metaphor without any tangible puprose to support your assertion.

What facts? Just because he said that, does NOT mean he was talking directly of Luke. Where's your evidence?

Yoy can be live and let live without being focused on the future, on the sensory details like SPs are.

Like Perceivers in general.

Also, to think that Sensors can NEVER be focused on the future at any point in their lives is just absurd. Almost every human thinks about the future at some point or another.

Are you stupid? I've ever wrote it in english. :doh:

You didn't have it written out in the post I responded to.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yoda was the only INTP in the star wars movies, but other INTPs in the Star Wars universe are Revan, Jolee Bindo, and Darth Nihilus.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What facts? Just because he said that, does NOT mean he was talking directly of Luke. Where's your evidence?

Like Perceivers in general.

Also, to think that Sensors can NEVER be focused on the future at any point in their lives is just absurd. Almost every human thinks about the future at some point or another.

wookieepedia said:
In his youth, Luke was often impatient, looking ahead to the future with little regard for his present surroundings.

End of the story.

You didn't have it written out in the post I responded to.

I have. If you were not idiot, you would have seen it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In his youth, Luke was often impatient, looking ahead to the future with little regard for his present surroundings.
End of the story.

Because as an Se-aux, he found his present surroundings to be unpleasant.

Try looking into motives.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Luke has little regard for his present surroundings. Having regard for your present surrounding, is the distinctive mark of Sensors. And Luke has litte regard for his present surrounding as ageneral rule, not only when he dislikes his preent surrounding.

You fail again.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Luke has little regard for his present surroundings. Having regard for your present surrounding, is the distinctive mark of Sensors. And Luke has litte regard for his present surrounding as ageneral rule, not only when he dislikes his preent surrounding.

You fail again.

If I failed, then so did about a thousand MBTI authors. And also Carl Jung.

Se-aux mentally escaping into a more exciting future, a superior one compared to his drab, dreary present surroundings, is the correct call.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Source!

And by the way, SPs can't be focused on the future all their life like Luke.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Source!

And by the way, SPs can't be focused on the future all their life like Luke.

lol Yoda wanted Luke to be more in the present moment ruling out Ni for Yoda because Ni people are future oriented. You do not fail again!