Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I don't appeal to Jungian functions in determining type. It is simpler to stick with the MBTI.
    In my opinion, especially with fictional characters with dynamic personalities, Jung cognitive functions is a very shaky theory. Palpatine for example who it is agreed is INTJ clearly shows more Te than Ni with his New World Order scheme for ultimate power (Te), but I never hear him spout philosophical wisdom like Yoda (Ni), and as for Yoda, Ni and Ti clearly come for him before Fe. The only possible explanation for him being INFJ is if he is in an Ni-Ti loop, which I think is an even more unreliable theory than the functions theory.
    Last edited by RaptorWizard; 05-12-2012 at 09:20 AM. Reason: i typed Fi instead of Ni by mistake

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Darth Yoda is part of a Type III Civilization that has taken control of the energy output of an entire galaxy, and is the ultimate Sith Master operating the Star Forge at 200% capacity, spawning an invincible armada at will.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    In my opinion, especially with fictional characters with dynamic personalities, Jung cognitive functions is a very shaky theory. Palpatine for example who it is agreed is INTJ clearly shows more Te than Ni with his New World Order scheme for ultimate power (Te), but I never hear him spout philosophical wisdom like Yoda (Ni), and as for Yoda, Ni and Ti clearly come for him before Fe. The only possible explanation for him being INFJ is if he is in an Fi-Ti loop, which I think is an even more unreliable theory than the functions theory.
    As Yoda likes to say, "Follow your feelings." That's not a very Ti statement, at any rate. It sounds more like "follow your intuitions."

The whole loop idea is about neurotic replacement of the positive secondary support of mental health with the negative tertiary support of neurotic issues. The problem is that nobody cares to talk about the positive signs of the tertiary. Lacking any such theory, nobody cares to discuss Yoda's advanced spiritual development, especially in the first series, or how his functions play into this.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Darth Yoda is part of a Type III Civilization that has taken control of the energy output of an entire galaxy, and is the ultimate Sith Master operating the Star Forge at 200% capacity, spawning an invincible armada at will.
    I looked into some YT videos on this but they were just silly kid stuff vaguely related to this. I guess he's from an alternate-history series of Star Wars books then?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

In my opinion, especially with fictional characters with dynamic personalities, Jung cognitive functions is a very shaky theory. Palpatine for example who it is agreed is INTJ clearly shows more Te than Ni with his New World Order scheme for ultimate power (Te), but I never hear him spout philosophical wisdom like Yoda (Ni), and as for Yoda, Ni and Ti clearly come for him before Fe. The only possible explanation for him being INFJ is if he is in an Ni-Ti loop, which I think is an even more unreliable theory than the functions theory.
    The problem with that is it's a behavior, and functions are about thoughts. What we have to look for is indications of thought (like the philosophy in the Jedi code), how thoughts are structured, and how they are prioritized. I tend to see Yoda and Dumbledore as a bit similar in their communication - quirky but wise, and one-liners abound - but there are other INFJs who do not communicate in such a way. Even looking at this site, I would tend to see Evan as a more Ni-Ti oriented INFJ than Fidelia, who strikes me as more Fe. Esoteric Wench is well known to be a more Te ENFP, while I would say, for example, Lady X is more Ne-Fi. Just because we can identify relative strengths, nothing is taken away from the reliability of the theory.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I looked into some YT videos on this but they were just silly kid stuff vaguely related to this. I guess he's from an alternate-history series of Star Wars books then?
    Darth Yoda is not part of official Star Wars canon. I made it up for poops and giggles, but Darth Yoda is indeed a real creation, as evidenced by the earlier photo.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Darth Yoda is not part of official Star Wars canon. I made it up for poops and giggles, but Darth Yoda is indeed a real creation, as evidenced by the earlier photo.
    I know he's not canon, that's why I called it an alternate history. I find the idea intriguing. I guess there are no books then.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    There is no emotion, there is peace.
    No emiotion means no F. Peace is for the IP.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    So INTP.

There is no passion, there is serenity.
    No passion means certainly no F. Serenity is IP.

There is no chaos, there is harmony.
    Yoda is a 9w1.

There is no death, there is the Force.
    There's nothing related to INFJ epecially in that.

Yoda is a rude teacher who harshly tell the truth. He has low social skills. And if he is patient with you, when it's time to test you he will not take you by the hand, he will throw you in the water and you'll either sink or swim. He's clearly not a T, we just have to compare him with Luke or Padmé to see that. A crucial argument that the supporter of the INFJ theory avoid to face. He's even less emotional than Obi-Wan, who is a T.

And yes, INTP are passive and detached anlysers. That's what Yoda is. But INFJs are not. They are chart-the-course, not behind-the-scene, they set projects, are organised and work hard toward them. Padmé, Shmi Skywalker, Dooku and Bail Organa are true INFJs. The difference with Yoda is very clear.

And the whole "philosophy" thing doesn't prove anything. INTPs are philosophers too. But Yoda is not driven by emotional attachements and value judgments like INFJs are.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    It really is pretty obvious, like I said earlier: Ti's argue with logic, Ni's argue with ideas.
    It's probablty the most stupid thing I read on the thread. Above all INFJs tend strongly to argue with feelings, something that Yoda never do. An idea can be logic, logic can be express in an idea. The dichotomy you etablished is based on nothing.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    What makes you think Yoda is deeply intuitive? He just wields the force like few others, much like Hendrix plays the guitar.
    That's because Yoda is a 9, just like Jimi H.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%