First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Is this how it is defined or are you simply making that statement?

I'm not disagreeing, it simply is a genuine question.
    I'm going along with Jung on this. "Even though my thinking process is directed, as far as possible, toward objective data, nevertheless it is my subjective process, and it can neither escape the subjective admixture nor yet dispense with it." Psychological Types, 431
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Yoda place logical reasoning above decisons based on feelings. See the difference with Luke. It's pretty obvious. INTP are the one-liner, and they are not mastermind, the mastermind is the INTJ, who is Palpatine. Palpatine is a true J, he is a planner makes project. Yoda is passive and detached. INTP.

Every arguments trying to defend the idea that Yoda was INFJ were idiots.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

This whole idea that the only 2 deeply intuitive types are INFJ and INTJ is where MBTI breaks down. Why can't Yoda be, say, an INTP with well developed Ni (that could be my case as well, that or an ISTP in a Ti-Ni loop.)

What makes you think Yoda is deeply intuitive? He just wields the force like few others, much like Hendrix plays the guitar.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Yoda place logical reasoning above decisons based on feelings. See the difference with Luke. It's pretty obvious. INTP are the one-liner, and they are not mastermind, the mastermind is the INTJ, who is Palpatine. Palpatine is a true J, he is a planner makes project. Yoda is passive and detached. INTP.

Every arguments trying to defend the idea that Yoda was INFJ were idiots.
    Arguments can't be idiots.

You should admit, however, that there are two Yodas to consider here.

"Yoda place logical reasoning above decisons based on feelings." False. Yoda warned about negative feelings leading to a growth of the dark side of the force. But he did not advise replacing all feelings with logical reasoning. Yoda seems more logical (INTP) in the prequels, but more mystical (INFJ) in the original series.

"INTP are the one-liner." I don't think anybody knows what this means, or why you then compared that to Palpatine the planner.

"Yoda is passive and detached." This does not define what INTPs are about. One could also make an argument that the INFJ or INFP is a passive and detached type.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

INFJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Yoda is the kind of guy that makes one-liners and expects the other person derive a meaningful interpretation from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda
    On many long journeys have I gone. And waited, too, for others to return from journeys of their own. Some return; some are broken; some come back so different only their names remain.
    I think part of what we're seeing with Yoda's open-mindedness and patience is 900 years of living, which would naturally cause one to see in longer time periods and not make quick decisions. Fe also encourages patience and listening skills, as jumping to conclusions tends to create unnecessary interpersonal tension.

However, it's very clear that Yoda is a very strict adherent to the Jedi way of life, if not the archetypal adherent, and in that sense he remains very much a J. His entire life revolves around the goal of promoting the Jedi order and bringing peace to the galaxy - he has a vision of what things should be and is pursuing that vision.

Going off the assumption that Yoda is the archetypal embodiment of the Jedi and the Light side of the Force, here is the Jedi Code:

There is no emotion, there is peace.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    There is no chaos, there is harmony.
    There is no death, there is the Force.

I see that as very, very Ni-Fe-Ti-Se. I can understand considering INTJ, since Yoda is so strong in Ni, but Te is so much about moving things in the external world and creating the conditions you want via logistics. Ti is much more about the underlying structure of things - there is no ignorance, there is knowledge. If everyone were knowledgeable, we would have peace and justice. That's more Ti logic, not Te, to say that if we have all the right conditions, this will work correctly. So no, to INTJ - and as for INTP, where is the Ne? I hardly see Ne in Yoda, short of his quirkiness, not even Ne informing Ti. And the "just being" quality of the Force even sounds a bit like aspirational Se.

If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.
    His thinking clearly runs along Ni paths: like @Rasofy pointed out, he speaks in short bursts of wisdom and expects much to be extrapolated from those statements. This quote itself is essentially Ni-Ti at its purest - if you've correctly followed the internal logical protocol (Ti), but you're not achieving your goal (J), change the way you're looking at things (Ni). Clearly Yoda is a logical guy, but that can be true for anyone. People at work tell me I'm logical and organized, and I'm an ENFP. All that means is how well you're putting your logic into use, not whether you prefer logic over ethic, which I believe that both Yoda and I do not. His vision (Ni) is peace (Fe) and justice (Ti), and the primary way of bringing that about is to engender harmony between beings. Sounds like auxiliary Fe to me.

Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
    Rather Buddhist in nature, but also Ni-Fe. Change your point of view (Ni) such that you understand death to be something natural and good, so that you do not breed the traits that lead to negative tension between beings (Fe).

Lost a planet, Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing. How embarrassing.
    Fe.

No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.
    J.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus
    What makes you think Yoda is deeply intuitive? He just wields the force like few others, much like Hendrix plays the guitar.
    STP, then?

Can beings even be typed, if we are just manifestations of one single Force?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

It's not just me who thinks that but a whole bunch of other people as well that are arguing for Yoda being an INxJ simply by appealing to the Ni dominant function rather than him actually exhibiting any feeling or judging behaviors.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    It's not just me who thinks that but a whole bunch of other people as well that are arguing for Yoda being an INxJ simply by appealing to the Ni dominant function rather than him actually exhibiting any feeling or judging behaviors.
    I don't appeal to Jungian functions in determining type. It is simpler to stick with the MBTI.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

To discover the true personality of Yoda, we should examine his dark side.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    To discover the true personality of Yoda, we should examine his dark side.
    Are you referring to the lump in his pantaloons?