• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anthony Kiedis

comeasyouare

MBTI Type
INFP
Vocalist of the Red Hot Chili Peppers

I think he's ISxx

Some quotes from his autobiography:
“I’ve wanted to feel pleasure to the point of insanity. They call it getting high, because it’s wanting to know that higher level, that godlike level. You want to touch the heavens, you want to feel glory and euphoria, but the trick is it takes work. You can’t buy it, you can’t get it on a street corner, you can’t steal it or inject it or shove it up your ass, you have to earn it.”

“That's a spiritual lifestyle, being willing to admit that you don't know everything and that you were wrong about some things. It's about making a list of all the people you've harmed, either emotionally or physically or financially, and going back and making amends. That's a spiritual lifestyle. It's not a fluffy ethereal concept.”

“It's weird, I was such a survivor and so wanted to be a part of life while I was trying to snuff out the life that was inside of me. I had this duality of trying to kill myself with drugs, then eating really good food and exercising and going swimming and trying to be a part of life. I was always going back and forth on some level.”

“I think art is inherently nonviolent and it actually occupies your mind with creation rather than destruction.”

What do you guys think?

KDude

“I think art is inherently nonviolent and it actually occupies your mind with creation rather than destruction.”

I don't know what type he is, but that's a good quote.

From the other statements, he seems like someone struggling with introversion/extroversion. I'd think Se dominant before ISXX, if only because the introspection sounds like it came later for him. I think his work kind of reflects that too.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I've always thought ISP, leaning towards ISTP.

He could be an ISFP, tho.

comeasyouare

MBTI Type
INFP
From the other statements, he seems like someone struggling with introversion/extroversion. I'd think Se dominant before ISXX, if only because the introspection sounds like it came later for him. I think his work kind of reflects that too.

Yes, he generally leads the interviews when he's with the other members of the band, but he seems more introverted for some reason...

comeasyouare

MBTI Type
INFP
I've always thought ISP, leaning towards ISTP.

He could be an ISFP, tho.

He is so articulated when he speaks and so it seems more like a thinker to me, but at the same time he's always talking about spiritual things and the cosmo and that stuff sounds more like a feeler...

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
He is so articulated when he speaks and so it seems more like a thinker to me, but at the same time he's always talking about spiritual things and the cosmo and that stuff sounds more like a feeler...

Could be tertiary Ni.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I always thought that Kiedis was a known INFP, like Neil Young. Look at the lyrics.

comeasyouare

MBTI Type
INFP
I always thought that Kiedis was a known INFP, like Neil Young. Look at the lyrics.

You think so? I've always perceived him more as a sensor. the first quote says “I’ve wanted to feel pleasure to the point of insanity. They call it getting high, because it’s wanting to know that higher level, that godlike level..." sounds more like S to me.

Why do you think he's N? could you give an example?

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why do you think he's N? could you give an example?

Well, if you look at Kiedis lyrics, you will almost always find him referring to a deeper meaning or bigger picture through analogies and metaphors. A tortured soul gone rock star "i've got a bad disease, up from my brain is where I bleed - insanity it seems, has got me by my soul to squeeze"

Fi
"Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you 'cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
This lonely view"

"My friends are so depressed
I feel the question
Of your loneliness"

Ne

"White heat is screaming in the jungle
Complete the motion if you stumble
Go ask the dust for any answers
Come back strong with 50 belly dancers"

"Sweetheart is bleeding in the snowcone
So smart she's leading me to ozone
Music the great communicator
Use two sticks to make it in the nature
I'll get you into penetration
The gender of a generation
The birth of every other nation
Worth your weight the gold of meditation
This chapter's going to be a close one
Smoke rings I know your going to blow one
All on a spaceship persevering
Use my hands for everything but steering"

F for sure. Look at the song titles
"Torture me"
"Desecration smile"
"Scar Tissue"
"Soul to squeeze"
"I could die for you"
"Savior"
"Taste the Pain"
"TearJerker"
"Show me your soul"
"I've been down"

He's been used as an INFP example on other websites. Ofcourse, arguments can always be made for other types but I personally see too much analogy and feeling in his work.

comeasyouare

MBTI Type
INFP
Well, if you look at Kiedis lyrics, you will almost always find him referring to a deeper meaning or bigger picture through analogies and metaphors. A tortured soul gone rock star "i've got a bad disease, up from my brain is where I bleed - insanity it seems, has got me by my soul to squeeze"

Fi
This lonely view
This lonely view"

I feel the question
Of your loneliness"

Ne

"Torture me"
"Desecration smile"
"Scar Tissue"
"Soul to squeeze"
"I could die for you"
"Savior"
"Taste the Pain"
"TearJerker"
"Show me your soul"
"I've been down"

He's been used as an INFP example on other websites. Ofcourse, arguments can always be made for other types but I personally see too much analogy and feeling in his work.

Now i'm just sure he's an introvert ... ok you convinced me.
I've seen some websites that typed him as an INFJ, but never an INFP though

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

Fi
This lonely view
This lonely view"

I feel the question
Of your loneliness"

Ne

"Torture me"
"Desecration smile"
"Scar Tissue"
"Soul to squeeze"
"I could die for you"
"Savior"
"Taste the Pain"
"TearJerker"
"Show me your soul"
"I've been down"

I've looked at their lyrics before, and, as such, strongly doubted your claim for them showing him to be an intuitive.

And, based on the ones you provided, I am only more strongly now in that camp.

Nothing about those words makes me think he's an intuitive.

They are all sound and fury, signifying nothing.

KDude

I could see EFP, but can anyone explain why they see introvert? I'm just curious. To me, it sounds like he put experiences and pleasure on a pedestal. You can't be introverted when your top priority is outside. He only looks back now at the quest as faulty. He talks about "earning" and appreciating something more qualitative. His earlier attitude had an extro point of view.. thinking that value came from being affected.. he searched for amazing experiences.. bought it, looked for it on the street corners, wanted to touch the heavens. These are all indicators outside of himself. ISPs are more sporadic, looking for things worth their time first.

John Frusciante is obviously introverted. Extremely probably. His songs are hauntingly remote at times. Flea and Keidis are basically the same temperment. Not just the stage personas.. they're just more out there in general. And unlike John, they pushed so hard to keep that band alive partly for their fans. I've heard both say that when things got tiring, boring, mundane, they still forced themselves in the mindset for their fans. Frusciante was always like.. screw it.. I'll do what I want. Left the band multiple times.

comeasyouare

MBTI Type
INFP
I could see EFP, but can anyone explain why they see introvert? I'm just curious. To me, it sounds like he put experiences and pleasure on a pedestal. You can't be introverted when your top priority is outside. He only looks back now at the quest as faulty. He talks about "earning" and appreciating something more qualitative. His earlier attitude had an extro point of view.. thinking that value came from being affected.. he searched for amazing experiences.. bought it, looked for it on the street corners, wanted to touch the heavens. These are all indicators outside of himself. ISPs are more sporadic, looking for things worth their time first.

John Frusciante is obviously introverted. Extremely probably. His songs are hauntingly remote at times. Flea and Keidis are basically the same temperment. Not just the stage personas.. they're just more out there in general. And unlike John, they pushed so hard to keep that band alive partly for their fans. I've heard both say that when things got tiring, boring, mundane, they still forced themselves in the mindset for their fans. Frusciante was always like.. screw it.. I'll do what I want. Left the band multiple times.

Ok, i got some quotes from his book, sorry is it's a little long

Introverted:
"I realized that our music was now in the public domain and no longer some underground phenomenon. Which made me a bit more shy and reclusive. Ironically, Flea and I had spent most of our lives craving attention and trying to create spectacle...."

"A lot of times people will judge you on their perceived idea of how you're acting. If you're in a room and you're feeling shy and you don't want a certain amount of attention, you're not going out of your way to make friend with everybody. Then someone's going to walk away going, 'That arrogant motherfucker, he didn't even try to talk to me'. You're trying to lay low and not make a big deal about yourself, but they're seeing you as this guy who's all that and a bag of fucking chips"

Judging:
"I began realizing that I'd been carrying on as a control freak, wanting to have everything go according to my plans, which turned out to be the biggest pain in the ass ever ... and that was probably the biggest mistake I made during that time, thinking that I knew better or had a better plan..."

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think intj 5w4 sx/sp. i think flea is an istp 5w6 sx/sp. john is probably an isfp 4w3 so/sx.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAxkb1nTv_E&feature=related

sx/sp seems clear. he seems to have more e5 energy than e8. you get that kind of Se look at times but the eye/attention movements show a kind of a non-spatial, mind's eye presence. he's often very vaguely referential rather than tangible and descriptive. he also doesn't seem like an estp (which would likely mean 7w8) because his sense of movement doesn't have that kind of feel. he has a kind of reckless abandon (sx/sp!) but it's not really a being-in-one's body comfort/awareness. his voice is more flat, e5like. he rapped because, in part, he couldn't really sing. e5 singers don't really have any range. we lose our range of motion and it's pretty much gone from then on, in favor of a more deadpan intonation. he also has this kind of self-cultivated "i think i'm a shaman" aura.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZACdJdeHQkI&feature=related

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i thought he was a pretty clear infj :/