User Tag List

First 123 Last

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Iggy Pop is an ESTP. edit: Same with Jim Morrison. Only way to explain his polarizing behavior I think.
    What is you're reasoning to say that Iggy Pop is an ESTP? It's interesting. I saw him typed as ISTP and ENTP. I know that he is a 7w8 Sx/So but I'm not sure about his MBTI type. Same for Jim Morrison, I know he was a 7w8 Sx/Sp, but I'ml confused for his MBTI type. Some say INFP, but he was not enough pussy for that. So I'd say ENFP. But I could see STP too, I considered that option too. By the way, are you saying that they are INFp on socionic and ESTP on MBTI?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritual Science View Post
    Does anyone else think Frank Zappa was an INTJ? I've been reading Zappa by Barry Miles and from what I can infer, he seems very INTJ. For instance, he would spend 18 hours a day in his studio dubbing live guitar solos onto studio tracks. He was rational, but his humor/satire often went over the heads of his listeners. He also viewed his live guitar solos as "air sculptures" or as compositions in themselves. Anyone else think he was an INTJ?
    I'm inclined to agree with that, on the basis that he is surprisingly quite intellectual. I don't have much more to add on the topic right now.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    What is you're reasoning to say that Iggy Pop is an ESTP? It's interesting. I saw him typed as ISTP and ENTP. I know that he is a 7w8 Sx/So but I'm not sure about his MBTI type. Same for Jim Morrison, I know he was a 7w8 Sx/Sp, but I'ml confused for his MBTI type. Some say INFP, but he was not enough pussy for that. So I'd say ENFP. But I could see STP too, I considered that option too. By the way, are you saying that they are INFp on socionic and ESTP on MBTI?
    I'm saying Jim and Iggy could be IEI/INFp, but they just tapped into their Se side. In Socionics, it seems common with all types to do this. When you're "undualized" especially. Or other factors might change people, like bipolar disorder. Iggy especially is a sensitive guy.. not like his stage persona. Read the book "Please Kill Me". So many funny moments when he asks for too much trouble and runs away or begging people not to hurt him. And Jim seemed naturally introverted, poetic, dreamy, etc..

The opposite of Iggy might be Henry Rollins or maybe Glenn Danzig. Or Marlon Brando. Henry naturally embodies primitiveness and boldness, like ESTp.. but he can appear and be introspective like an INp too.

I think Iggy's ESTP too, definitely xSTP. He's like a physical manifestation of Se. His thinking and feeling seems very balanced, I don't think Fe is his inferior function.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    I think Iggy's ESTP too, definitely xSTP. He's like a physical manifestation of Se. His thinking and feeling seems very balanced, I don't think Fe is his inferior function.
    You know, I thought for a long time that I was an ISTP, and that was in part because it was said that Iggy P was an ISTP, and that I relate a lot on his energy. But if he's an ESTP, i can be too for sure. Iggy P is less extrovert than David Lee Roth, but stil extrovert, i think.

[youtube=96fBFE4zFNM]Iggy Pop[/youtube]
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I'm saying Jim and Iggy could be IEI/INFp, but they just tapped into their Se side. In Socionics, it seems common with all types to do this. When you're "undualized" especially. Or other factors might change people, like bipolar disorder. Iggy especially is a sensitive guy.. not like his stage persona. Read the book "Please Kill Me". So many funny moments when he asks for too much trouble and runs away or begging people not to hurt him. And Jim seemed naturally introverted, poetic, dreamy, etc..

The opposite of Iggy might be Henry Rollins or maybe Glenn Danzig. Or Marlon Brando. Henry naturally embodies primitiveness and boldness, like ESTp.. but he can appear and be introspective like an INp too.
    So you are saying that Iggy P and Jim M are both INFP but that they behave like if they were ESTP? It's a bit confusing with Sexual 7w8s because they have the baddass behavior of STP with the sensitivity and imagination of INFP. Same for the 7w8 Sx/Sp Till Lindemann. He could be as much STP than INFP to me.

Sexual 6w7 like Henry Rollins and Axl Rose confuse me in the same way.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

So you are saying that Iggy P and Jim M are both INFP but that they behave like if they were ESTP? It's a bit confusing with Sexual 7w8s because they have the baddass behavior of STP with the sensitivity and imagination of INFP. Same for the 7w8 Sx/Sp Till Lindemann. He could be as much STP than INFP to me.

Sexual 6w7 like Henry Rollins and Axl Rose confuse me in the same way.
    Yeah, I agree. It is confusing. I'm not really sure of it. Just putting out my own theory. Socionics does seem to account for polarizing behavior like this though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Still don't understand the confusion with socionics. Anyway, it helps to understand who he mingled with over the years.

Performed with Beefheart (infj 5), Wild Man Fisher (infj 4), people like Shuggie Otis, Terry Bozzio (istp 5), Patrick O'Hearn (infp 5). Three of these are socionics delta. Apart from the maybe already mentioned propensity for attacking the guitar and cracking jokes on record, note his use of preexisting effects on records leading upto Jazz from hell (at which point innovation took a turning point) and following. Pat Matheny, an infp 5, has similarly explored how to mimic animal sounds on the guitar, etc., but his overarching emphasis has been more in the mood spectrum. I think Zappa's relation to his body, his guarded affairs with band members, family and others, inherent dryness, confrontational personality and appreciation for the moment (plug any interview in here) makes him an so/sp e54 istp, or socionics SLI. Figure out the rest.

Iggy's your intj though. so/sx e34. Probably strange to witness intjs comfortable in their own skin, but hey, they exist.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by sleuthiness View Post
    Still don't understand the confusion with socionics. Anyway, it helps to understand who he mingled with over the years.

Performed with Beefheart (infj 5), Wild Man Fisher (infj 4), people like Shuggie Otis, Terry Bozzio (istp 5), Patrick O'Hearn (infp 5). Three of these are socionics delta. Apart from the maybe already mentioned propensity for attacking the guitar and cracking jokes on record, note his use of preexisting effects on records leading upto Jazz from hell (at which point innovation took a turning point) and following. Pat Matheny, an infp 5, has similarly explored how to mimic animal sounds on the guitar, etc., but his overarching emphasis has been more in the mood spectrum. I think Zappa's relation to his body, his guarded affairs with band members, family and others, inherent dryness, confrontational personality and appreciation for the moment (plug any interview in here) makes him an so/sp e54 istp, or socionics SLI. Figure out the rest.

Iggy's your intj though. so/sx e34. Probably strange to witness intjs comfortable in their own skin, but hey, they exist.
    but ISTPs are supposed to be super loyal and receptive to people, right? I think that contrasts a bit with Zappa's history as an autocratic band leader. while with the Mothers of Invention, he would stay in a completely different hotel than his band mates and would lord over everything and everyone in the studio until the timing was perfect, regardless about how the rest of the guys felt about a track. and he also tended to view things within a generalized idea of what was going on, indicative of an INTJ type. Here's an example:

“Definition of rock journalism: People who can't write, doing interviews with people who can't think, in order to prepare articles for people who can't read.” - Zappa
    Pretty over-arching statement (I can recognize these now cause I do CBT with a trained therapist), but something normally heard coming from the mouth of an INTJ. I think that Zappa's eccentricities probably were a reflection of his enneagram type (I'm guessing 4w5 sx/so variant).

Anyways, these are just some thoughts coming from a fan. Zappa is the man, regardless of type.
    Last edited by nortia; 12-15-2012 at 01:40 PM. Reason: typos >.<
    Strong preference of Introversion over Extroversion (89%) ; Distinct preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%) ; Slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%) ; Slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%) - { slightly cracked }

- MY TUMBLR -

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Frank Zappa was ISTP 8w7 So/Sx
    Jim Morrison was INFP 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Iggy Pop was ESTP 7w8 Sx/So
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%