First 345

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    KDude was sort of saying that Tyson and Kaku are on different 'levels', and I was saying don't think that's necessarily true...... not at all that because he's another popular scientist that he has to be ENTP (or maybe ENFP); indeed, Carl Sagan is not (his focus was really quite more grounded)
    Carl Sagan was a pot addict who did prosey stuff with science. I'm seeing some of the same tendency in Neil (not with drugs, however), although it's more of the "Whoa!" variety. Sagan was more into the grandeur of the universe, and feeling small. He wanted his fans to feel small in comparison to the cosmos. Neil (otoh) wants us to impress on us his feeling connected to the universe. I'm seeing with him a philosophy of empathic union with the cosmos. (So in a sense he did indeed imply a connection with the photons he captures, although he didn't state as much.)

Although these are two different philosophies, they aren't all that different in that they both formulate a sublime, awe-inspiring relationship between man and the cosmos. In that sense, I don't see how they both can't be Ni in their approaches to science.

I'm afraid I don't know enough about Kaku to make any observations.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

ENFJ 3w4 So/Sp.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INTP

It's pretty obvious to me he's using a lot of Fe. I was thinking either ENFJ or ENTP. Now I'm pretty certain he's an ENFJ.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    INTj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Nah...didn't even know who was. :p

That much I agree with. I see you typed him as an ENFJ. But he doesn't sound like a Ni user; his talk is fluid (informative) and concrete (sensor). That's why ESFJ makes more sense to me.
    (No, you don't have to be an intuitive to become a great scientist.)
    His "talk" would denote he's closer to ENFJ then. ENFJs have Se, therefore when presenting themselves externally they are going to use S.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    INTj Ne

At first I thought he was an ENTP, because I saw his approach seemed much more like what I had experienced from ENTPs. But after watching a couple of his interviews, I can disagree with what I had originally thought. He believes that science should be used for the purpose of fulfilling curiosity. This shows that his priority and ultimate goal in science is to understand the world, which we can reduce to a dominant judger. But along with his purpose, he also tries to make science have value. He always tries to make science affect him personally in order to truly make it matter. I think all of his values and feelings added make him closer to an F type. He generally has some sort of idea about how to approach science. ENFJ is what he seems to be most like.

Take a look at this arbitrary video I've chosen to examine the elements of ENFJ behind him.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_2xGIwQfik
    He starts off by complimenting Dawkins with his speech. It takes him a while, but he begins to access Ni more, which is shown when he has his own idea of how Dawkins approach should be like. His ideal approach also involves "consideration of other people" from their standpoint and even if they don't understand something, he wants to be "sensitivity to their state of mind". This again, hints back to Fe.

Take his support for PETA as well, his explanation behind it is more for ethical reasons. All these interests, hobbies, support can have a wide variety of explanations, but what he chooses is very close to feelings. I could say that I support PETA for reasons concerning the environment, because of how when ecosystems are destroyed it destroys the food chain cycle, which is a more Ne-geared decision. But looking at enough of his reasoning for nearly any decision he makes, it is based off Fe. I could throw out more and more evidence for him being ENFJ, but I think there's already a big enough pattern.