5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Go ahead and ignore me.
    OK!

<Plonk>
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    OK!

<Plonk>
    Unfortunately, this means you can't post in my Neil deGrasse Tyson thread. I made it. You can't ignore me now

We both agree he's EJ. If you want to be a "glass half empty" type and focus on what we disagree on, fine. I just don't see why you have to be so fussy as to put people on ignore lists. I've noticed you make that threat elsewhere with others. Why? It's a forum. People disagree. Just don't call me a liar. Consider for a second that people have better things to do than lie in threads about tv scientists. That said, the video I was referring to was somewhere in the end of "The Universe" season 1, on discovery channel. It wasn't something I could Google.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

JCF does not determine the P versus the J. This is done (in the absence of testing) through observing for judging and perceptive traits. And while we truly don't know Neil on a personal level we can say something about his communication style.

His communication style is J direct, it has J purposefulness, and it has J focus and forthrightness.

Another important bit of evidence lacking is his life-motive. If his purpose in life is to make a difference in people's lives, then that is ENFJ. But if his purpose is to run a major institution like an administrator, then that is ESTJ. Astronomy, on the other hand, is often very attractive to visionary N types.
    What is JCF???

I agree - much info is lacking, which makes it hard typing people we don't know well personally. I get some insights by analogy, but usually just get an overall feel from the big picture. In this case, I see a similar kind of forthrightness and sense of purpose in both an ENFP friend and an ENTP colleague, but I know them both much better. My type radar is not great, though, so I don't attach a high confidence level to my speculations.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    What is JCF???
    Jungian Cognitive Functions (as opposed to the more cohesive systems like MBTI, Socionics, etc).

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

What is JCF???
    Just those obscure Jungian Cognitive Functions everybody likes to throw around. Fe, Ti, etc. They've been using that JCF abbreviation around here for some time.

I agree - much info is lacking, which makes it hard typing people we don't know well personally. I get some insights by analogy, but usually just get an overall feel from the big picture. In this case, I see a similar kind of forthrightness and sense of purpose in both an ENFP friend and an ENTP colleague, but I know them both much better. My type radar is not great, though, so I don't attach a high confidence level to my speculations.
    Could be. I've been looking at aspects of his personality that I haven't mentioned in order to create a big picture, and not so much comparing him to others whose type calls are only probable. I offered Feynman as an ENTP example above only for others to consider, but that's not how I go about this because that can just pile error upon error. The easiest way is to start with what you know and quickly enough you'll have it down to 3 letters. I think most people find N/S to be hardest to determine.

Neil doesn't seem like he is 100% J to me anyway. It is easy to discern some Perceptive traits poking out from beneath the J exterior. But still, if you start from JCF and work forward to the 4 letter nomenclature, versus starting from one of the 4, such as P/J, and working back to JCF, the results can come out different.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm a huge fan of Neil deGrasse Tyson's.

The only type I see is BAMF.

Here's an hour long interview of Tyson by Colbert. Enjoy!

[YOUTUBE="YXh9RQCvxmg"]Colbert interviews Neil deGrasse Tyson[/YOUTUBE]

He's also the guy pictured in the "we got a badass over here" meme.

Here is the video where they get the pic from.

[YOUTUBE="danYFxGnFxQ"]The fun starts at 1:30[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Very nice video. And it's always nice to see an ENFJ who is so passionate about scientific matters. This guy isn't just answering a few questions, he is teaching you his answers via his passion for the subject.
    LOL, what? I see enthusiasm, and what kind of ENTP or ENFP doesn't teach with enthusiasm?

His communication style is J direct, it has J purposefulness, and it has J focus and forthrightness.
    How is his style direct and focused?

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I didn't think he was Ti because he often jests at theory or playing around with his own models or rationale.
    What do you mean here? That he jests about theories or that he jests about the act of making new models in the first place?

Neil is completely focused on the value of science to society, even in the spiritual sense. And on the other hand, he is focused on the disvalue of anti-science. For example, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbLDKLQYrg8

and this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMED5boxySs
    "We are all connected: to each other, biologically; to the earth, chemically; and to the rest of the earth, atomically. That's kind of cool. That makes me smile." "We're in the universe, and the universe is in us."

and this:
    "2006 Neil deGrasse Tyson closes the three day lecture series with an excellent final "sermon" on cosmic perspective and the impact of science."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RjW5-4IiSc
    "And then I sort of feel bad for the photon. And I said 'maybe it wanted to continue?' But I got in its way."
    Neil humanizes photons coming into his telescope. How Ti is that? Not very.
    Are you trying to prove that he is ridiculously ENxP? If so you are doing an excellent job

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    What do you mean here? That he jests about theories or that he jests about the act of making new models in the first place?
    Just that he expressed satisification at how much actual data is available these days. When he entered the field, he joked how you couldn't walk anywhere without having to hear a new theory about phenomena we knew little about. So I drew the conclusion that he prefers it the other way around. His interest is more like an astronomer's than a theoretical physicist. Anyways, I admit it's little to go by. It's why I wanted to make a thread.

I should also add, and I'm not sure it's being propagated here, but many seem to only see Te as the bitchslap function. Like a means of control, command, and organizing. When I propose Te, I mean it as an information aspect, just like any other function.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    LOL, what? I see enthusiasm, and what kind of ENTP or ENFP doesn't teach with enthusiasm?
    That's stereotyped thinking.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

That's stereotyped thinking.
    Fair enough. It is a little stereotypical, but I was making a point... that enthusiasm is a far cry from un-ENP, even if it isn't quite a requirement Teaching with passion=ENFJ, or whatever you were trying to say with that, is also stereotypical, and not even a very solid stereotype.