http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=Zn3RYzj-otw

Interview:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7lxyfNIDmg

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I have no idea of her type, but I am insanely excited that someone chose to type a New Zealander and felt the need to express that.

She's also from Hamilton which is my neighbouring city! Yay!

...OK...

ESFP maybe?
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Always thought Cameo Lover should be an ENFP anthem.

As for type, I'm not sure. I guess ESFP works.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

ISFP.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

my bf decided the other day that she was enfp from an interview. fits to me.

i can't find the video atm but here's one
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I'd say ENFP simply because of the Si in her clothing(retro) and the electric quality(Ne) that she displays in her performances
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFP

My deduction is that she's ENFP.

Definitely E, F and P. This is clear in her career (singer), lyrical focus (love, gender roles, isolation, nostalgia), and dance moves (they're quite improvised).

I choose N over S based on the following information from Wikipedia:

"but at the age of 10 Kimbra began writing songs"

"(she was never taught to sing)"

Her lyrics seems to demonstrate a preference for Fi and Ne: ENFP qualities. Her lyrics also show the "quirkiness" of an ENFP. Also if you examine her other songs like "Settle Down" and "Gold Ring" there seems to be some level of deeper (aka theoretical) meaning. Also, the way she dresses is more akin to an NF than SF. It's more arty than vogue.

Concerning her interview:

Waited a while before releasing her first album.

An ENFP trait. ESFP tend to be more action-oriented and not contemplative/reflective.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    I'd say ENFP simply because of the Si in her clothing(retro) and the electric quality(Ne) that she displays in her performances
    Self-expression through a visual medium? A love of performance?

Do you people hear yourselves?

Those are two hardline stereotypes of SFPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethanescence View Post
    I choose N over S based on the following information from Wikipedia:

"but at the age of 10 Kimbra began writing songs"

"(she was never taught to sing)"
    Again, since when has expression through sensory mediums and a love of performance art pointed to Ne over Se?

Her lyrics seems to demonstrate a preference for Fi and Ne: ENFP qualities. Her lyrics also show the "quirkiness" of an ENFP. Also if you examine her other songs like "Settle Down" and "Gold Ring" there seems to be some level of deeper (aka theoretical) meaning. Also, the way she dresses is more akin to an NF than SF. It's more arty than vogue.
    Oh lord. So every hipster in the world is an N?

Concerning her interview:

Waited a while before releasing her first album.

An ENFP trait. ESFP tend to be more action-oriented and not contemplative/reflective.
    What?

And people call my typing into question?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

enfp cuz she iz liek omg so deep and thinkz and stuff.

Likes asynartetic liked this post

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Again, since when has expression through sensory mediums and a love of performance art pointed to Ne over Se?
    My two quotes say that she began writing at a young age. And that her singing developed organically from her writing. Dominant or auxiliary intuition has a strong connection with written expression. Sensing, not so much.

Comparing Se and Ne:

Se focuses on the experiences and sensations of the immediate, physical world. With an acute awareness of the present surroundings, it brings relevant facts and details to the forefront and may lead to spontaneous action.

The Se types have a “feel” for atmosphere, style, and image. They know what people are interesting in and like being recognized as paradigmatic of the trend. ESPs often speak of that peculiar thrill of knowing their game, knowing when luck or timing or the cards or and audience is “with them”. An ESP assesses what’s going on, plays on it, and takes pleasure in the escalating sense of mastery. You can always tell by the ESPs in the crowd exactly what pop culture currently regards as admirable, stylish, fascinating, outrageous, or exciting.

Ne finds and interprets hidden meanings, using “what if” questions to explore alternatives, allowing multiple possibilities to coexist. This imaginative play weaves together insights and experiences from various sources to form a new whole, which can then become a catalyst to action.

Ne involves entertaining a wealth of possible interpretations from just one idea. Using this process, we can juggle many different ideas, thoughts, beliefs, and meanings in our mind at once with the possibility that they are all true. By using this process one can really appreciate brainstorming and trust what emerges, enjoying imaginative play with scenarios and combining possibilities, using a kind of cross-contextual thinking. [...] Words, ideas and possibilities spew effortlessly from Ne using types. They are keen improvisers, and they are rarely caught off guard; there is always something up their sleeve.

It might be just me, but Se seems to describing someone like Lady Gaga. Not Kimbra.

I say she uses Ne because she's not a natural "performer" in the sense she doesn't thrive on performance, like a Se might. It may be fulfilling or exciting, but essentially it is a way of expressing her Ne ideas and thoughts. I would say Kimbra is closer to a songwriter than a singer, although she has combined both successfully. If you watch her interview, you notice she focuses on getting used to the idea of performing in front of large crowds. Not really an attitude you'd see with a dominant Se.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Oh lord. So every hipster in the world is an N?
    Hipster is a social trend, like anything else, so no. I was summarizing, not generalizing.