• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ted Bundy

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think he was INFJ 3w2 Sx/Sp

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Come on now. Mass murderers and serial killers can't all be INFJs...

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Just most of them? :D

Just kidding of course.

Don't hurt me, INFJs. O.O

Back on topic, I thought that generally people that deranged were near impossible to type, because they don't have normal thought patterns or something?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

actually, I tend to think the stereotypical mass murderer is INTJ, but Ted Bundy seems Ni/Fe with infrequent plunges into Se (the way INJs do)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
3w2 Sp/Sx, not Sx/Sp, he was more confort oriented than alluring and punchy.

I'd say ENFJ or even ENFP.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
3w2 Sp/Sx, not Sx/Sp, he was more confort oriented than alluring and punchy.
I'd say ENFJ or even ENFP.

he seemed pretty alluring to me. he was also a total intensity junkie and fixated on sexuality. that said, his demeanor most of the time was much like my own, so I could see Sp/Sx. ENFJ would work, I don't think ENFP though. definitely Ni/Fe>Ne/Fi

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
he seemed pretty alluring to me. he was also a total intensity junkie and fixated on sexuality. that said, his demeanor most of the time was much like my own, so I could see Sp/Sx. ENFJ would work, I don't think ENFP though. definitely Ni/Fe>Ne/Fi

Sp/Sx are often alluring, but it doesn't seem that it had a too much big glitch on sexual issues, he was more focused on survivals, lust, theses kinds of things.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sp/Sx are often alluring,
I'll vouch for that

but it doesn't seem that it had a too much big glitch on sexual issues, he was more focused on survivals, lust, theses kinds of things.

it sounds to me like thrill seeking, lust, desire for sexual energy and intensity>focus on survival, safety and comfort

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Back on topic, I thought that generally people that deranged were near impossible to type, because they don't have normal thought patterns or something?

Maybe. People with antisocial personality disorder don't have disabilities or delusions, they just have severe lack of empathy for others (that isn't to say they're strictly forbidden from being Feelers. They can be extremely adept at reading and/or manipulating emotion in others, and obviously have emotions of their own). It's mostly a normal person except that one little ingredient missing, which happens to be the conscience. If you can type someone who is missing other aspects of "normal" brain function (though these people may act in more extreme manners, what differentiates them from a normal person is probably no greater on a non-moral level than what differentiates a normal person from an autistic person, or someone with another, less violent kind of psychological issue) then why can't we type them too?

KDude

Although they're nothing alike, it seems like Bundy and Manson both use the same functions.. just in different ways. I don't know who's the "natural" STP or NFJ, but Se/Fe/Ti/Ni abounds in both of them.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Just most of them? :D

Just kidding of course.

Don't hurt me, INFJs. O.O

Nah, Ted Bundy wasn't schizophrenic or anything. He also clearly had Fe, it's what made him so attractive and charming. Part of Bundy's methodology is that women found him engaging and attractive. He was also able to go to law school and be "normal."

Furthermore, he knew enough socially to never lay a hand on an actual girlfriend or female acquaintance. He had long-term relationships with women. He only killed strangers.

On the other hand, all accounts show that he was disturbed even as a child, and had reason to be quite angry with his mother, for starters. He is believed to be the "perfect storm" of innate genetic predisposition plus the wrong childhood environment.

He also wasn't completely heartless at first, apparently he was very much in love with this one girl who dumped him, and he kind of "snapped" after that. Not saying it was her fault (it wasn't) but that was Bundy's "trigger."

He totally had Fe in a more prominent position. ExFJ, IxFJ, or ExTP. I would definitely NOT go IxTP for Bundy.

I think, though, he probably had Se/Ni, because he kept "trophies" of his victims (this would be Ni working on a symbolic level under Se...so at this point I'm probably saying ESTP).

Which is weird, though, because he just didn't have that ESTP "swagger" as a younger man.

Which would lead us back to ENFJ, possibly.

Definitely Fe. Definitely Ni/Se.

Compare Bundy to a serial killer like Ed Gein. Can't you tell how different their personalities were?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
actually, I tend to think the stereotypical mass murderer is INTJ, but Ted Bundy seems Ni/Fe with infrequent plunges into Se (the way INJs do)

John Wayne Gacy was definitely an extrovert.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Although they're nothing alike, it seems like Bundy and Manson both use the same functions..

Nothing alike? I can think of at least one pretty major thing.

KDude

Nothing alike? I can think of at least one pretty major thing.

I mean their approach and methods are different. And general presentation or personality. Not that alike. Hell, Manson never even touched anyone. More like he assaulted people with his perceptions and emotiveness, and got them to do things instead. I'd compare him more to Jim Jones (another NFJ/STP).

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I mean they're approach and methods, and general.. umm.. presentation or personality. Not that alike. Hell, Manson never even touched anyone. More like he assaulted people with his perceptions and emotiveness, and got them to do things instead. I'd compare him more to Jim Jones (another NFJ/STP).

I know what you meant. I was just kidding around.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I mean their approach and methods are different. And general presentation or personality. Not that alike. Hell, Manson never even touched anyone. More like he assaulted people with his perceptions and emotiveness, and got them to do things instead. I'd compare him more to Jim Jones (another NFJ/STP).

Yeah Bundy was an All-American boy, and Charles Manson was a straight up criminal from a young age. Of course their backgrounds were different. Charles Manson never pretended to *not* be counter-culture.

And yes, Manson was very hands-off. He was the great dictator. A kind of smaller-scale, white trash Hitler. Manson I definitely vote NFJ.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Compare Bundy to a serial killer like Ed Gein. Can't you tell how different their personalities were?

For starters, their psychological disorders. Gein is the one of the only serial killers (actually, he's technically not a serial killer as he only murdered two people) I know of whom I truly believe was genuinely psychologically and mentally incapable to a degree that "reason of insanity" plea was 100% justified. By every single account, after his admission to the psychiatric ward where he stayed he was the kindest, least temperamental person you'd ever meet. I've heard that, before he was caught, people would mention his first victim (whom was missing) and he'd earnestly say "Oh, she's at my place" and people would assume he was kidding. I really think he had no perceptions or clear ideas of what he was doing.

And while he might be a candidate for "too many issues to type," my guess would be maybe... ISFP?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
From what I have seen of him, I would have guessed ESXP?

He may have been ESTP. I believe his Se was fairly high. I don't believe him to be INFJ.

I go ESTP or ENFJ because he was viscerally, physically involved and kept physical "trophies" as well as being highly, highly aware of Se physical representations of Fe normality. All of the women he killed were beautiful, too. That was important to him.

His awkward adolescence seems to make Se dom unlikely, like he would have been more openly competitive as a high schooler, rather than only coming into his own in college.

However, any type can have social anxiety, I suppose. Maybe Ted Bundy is what an ESTP looks like with social anxiety during the teen years.

I don't know.