• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ted Bundy

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't you think he's sp? Wiki said he was meticulous about his appearance, etc.

no, he was reckless, intensity driven and did a lot of stupid things to get a rush. sounds more Sx dom to me

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
no, he was reckless, intensity driven and did a lot of stupid things to get a rush. sounds more Sx dom to me

Can't that be Se dom/aux with a psychotic flair?

I'm not reckless, nor do I do things to get a rush. That sounds Se to me.

EDIT: Or actually. Maybe that is that shadow Se thing. :D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can't that be Se dom/aux with a psychotic flair?

I'm not reckless, nor do I do things to get a rush. That sounds Se to me.

EDIT: Or actually. Maybe that is that shadow Se thing. :D

Ted was an unhealthy psychopath. I don't think comparing yourself to someone like him will be an answer for such questions. :>

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's really disturbing. Not necessarily for the reasons you might think though.

It's the fact that the lady he used to work with, when she describes him...well it sounds a lot like me. :cry:

However I have pretty iron morals, the event for me to go off and do some of the things he did would have to be fairly catastrophic...or perhaps I am just naive and havn't experienced enough pain yet?

Have you ever noticed how killers are often called monsters? It's funny how society in general so wishes to distance itself from those who are actually not much different because I believe deep down; they fear that it is a dark reflection on all people and their potential for either conventional ideas of good or bad.

Not to say I think the actions of killers and they themselves ARENT reprehensible, I do, but I think it is naive to try and escape from the reality that such a person is still just a person.

With some people I almost feel like mentally holding their minds to the grindstone of harsh truths.

Maybe what you feel a similarity to is that he was an Fe type.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
actually, some figures put the number as high as 4% of the general population. so if, say, 1-4% of the population is psychopathic, you have a much higher chance of meeting one than you might think.

haha, true dat. also, you forgot
- Newt Gingrich
- Bill Clinton
- probably Hilary Clinton too
- Joe Biden
- Dick Cheney
....and countless others LOL

I don't think either of the Clintons are psychopaths, Little Lord Fauntleroy.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmm could be, hadn't thought about it like that.

I'm pretty certain he was a crazy FJ. I've made a pretty long argument for ENFJ here, but what I'm most sure of is that he was an FJ. ESTP just doesn't seem right to me, I don't think his Se was his dom function; I also think he is ENFJ over ESFJ because of his usage of Se. I also think SFJ seems less likely because "he didn't fit" despite his clear Fe desire to fit in, form relationships, and behave in a warm manner toward others.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I'm pretty certain he was a crazy FJ. I've made a pretty long argument for ENFJ here, but what I'm most sure of is that he was an FJ. ESTP just doesn't seem right to me, I don't think his Se was his dom function; I also think he is ENFJ over ESFJ because of his usage of Se. I also think SFJ seems less likely because "he didn't fit" despite his clear Fe desire to fit in, form relationships, and behave in a warm manner toward others.

Yeah that makes sense and possibly points towards Fe serial killers as being....hmm perhaps quite elusive or sneaky because of their ability to meld into 'normal' society.

And so then they are harder to detect in social interaction than say...an NT serial killer, but then again I imagine an NT could easily adapt themselves and study others to give the impression of being socially normal. Perhaps I should narrow that point down to INT's as both INTP's and INTJ's can be a bit odd anyhow.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
no, no. he was definitely an intelligent charming guy, very rational and knew how to put on an air for being personable but it was because he worked at it. i believe he was a dominant Ne user.

entp or dominent Ne is what i suspect. this guy makes me sick to my stomach

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah that makes sense and possibly points towards Fe serial killers as being....hmm perhaps quite elusive or sneaky because of their ability to meld into 'normal' society.

When I think of Ted Bundy I think more insanity than sneakiness. Of course, though, he had that big grand plan to go to law school and get his ex back just so he could dump her, that was pretty sneaky (and C-R-A-Z-Y) long-term vengeful planning. He clearly cared very much about saving face, and about things being what he saw as "even."

So I'd call him an Enneagram 3, and possibly also a so dom instinct.

It's probably also why he was so attractive to some women, at least after his "transformation" when he vowed he wouldn't get dumped for being a loser anymore, apparently.

Ted Bundy is one of those weird serial killers that really fascinates me, that's one of the reasons I'm so convinced he was an Fe dom. He seemed like on some level it was all about his mom, and about his gf dumping him, and about not quite fitting in in high school...it's all so emotion based, I just don't see him being anything but an F dom the more I think about him.

There's something sad about it, despite the fact he was a brutal murderer. For some weird reason I don't feel as sad about, say, Charles Manson. Charles Manson didn't seem to need the love or approval of any particular person. Ted Bundy, on the other hand, was very clear on what he needed and from whom, even though he sought in some crazy violent vengeful symbolic haze.

I'm not totally certain his symbolism wasn't Si, though...Si repeating a pattern that took him back to the original sense impression that moved him emotionally to begin with, the college girlfriend.

Maybe he was an ESFJ. But totally an Fe dom.

I got hung up on Ni because of his symbolism and long-term planning, but the more I think about it, you could just as easily say the symbolism was all a sensory pattern that was very personal to him, not a larger symbolic one.

He was a total rapist though, really gory, a total animal; seems like a more repressed form of Se gone insane, like in an NJ.

Oh, serial killers, y u no easy to type.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
no, no. he was definitely an intelligent charming guy, very rational and knew how to put on an air for being personable but it was because he worked at it. i believe he was a dominant Ne user.

entp or dominent Ne is what i suspect. this guy makes me sick to my stomach

Nope. An ENTP wouldn't plan for years just so he could dump somebody.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Uh. Not saying he's any type in particular, but I know of many great body-dump sites. Just because it occurs to me. And, if it had to do with my hobby? I'd definitely have that system tweaked for optimum efficiency.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
oh he planned out where he was going to dump a body?

He went to law school and won back his ex just so he could dump her. As a person. He also had enough control over his impulses and enough Fe to never, ever harm a girlfriend, acquaintence, friend, co-worker, etc.

He even kept a girlfriend while he was murdering on ths side at one point. None of them had any concept of how vile he could be. He kept that part of himself more hidden.

The problem with typing Ted Bundy is that you actually need to know details about him, he wasn't just some flashy narcissist, he had real deep profound issues with wanting a primary relationship with a woman, but at the same time being filled with such psychopathy and pain and hate that you simultaneously have the same desire to rape and murder women.

Not the "real" women, but the "symbolic" women...i.e. the strangers.

He was a planner, and not impulsive, but he let his impulses go crazy once he allowed himself to let go, and it was close enough to the surface that he finally just spiralled out of control at the end and got caught.

ExFJ, fo shizzle my nizzle.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
A huge percentage of serial killers lose it in the end. It's usually what gets them caught. They need a bigger "high" to feel it.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
A huge percentage of serial killers lose it in the end. It's usually what gets them caught. They need a bigger "high" to feel it.

Yes but unlike others he really managed to keep it together on the surface for quite some time. Ed Gein seemed like a nice guy to locals in his village, but he also was an exceedingly private individual, and was free to play around with his body parts alone and had no appearances to keep up; unlike Bundy who worked diligently to remain loved and accepted.

He even tried to represent himself at his own trial; how pathetic is that, that clearly on some insane plane his rationality that he was still "in control" enough to defend himself. He also had a wife while in prison, lol.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
*nod*

They were both deluded, but just sane enough to know to hide. Ted was what happens when that happens to be mixed with "not frighteningly ugly" and lots of confidence. I imagine that with a habit like playing God, one can only get more deluded with the control over another's life/death in your hands plus killing one more time and not getting caught.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh, I'd buy that Harmon is INFJ.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yes but unlike others he really managed to keep it together on the surface for quite some time. Ed Gein seemed like a nice guy to locals in his village, but he also was an exceedingly private individual, and was free to play around with his body parts alone and had no appearances to keep up; unlike Bundy who worked diligently to remain loved and accepted.

This may be true, but I think Bundy and Gein are fundamentally different. Gein (who mostly grave robbed, he only actually killed 2 people, and them very quickly) was pretty clearly schizophrenic and didn't really seem to understand fully what he was doing or why he was doing wrong. I don't think he was actually psychopathic, but that rarer case of someone who was very, very confused: after he was arrested, he was declared legally insane (this virtually never happens, and almost only to very, very unstable people) and spent the remainder of his life in a mental health facility, where he was a model patient and never displayed signs of violence. He even allegedly told someone about the first victim being at his house in passing (the other party took it as a joke), which a more mentally competent and vicious killer wouldn't do.

Bundy was much more in control of his own actions and totally aware of what he was doing, and probably had antisocial personality disorder. So I think comparing Gein to Bundy (or most serial killers) is kind of tricky. I even have a some empathy for Gein. After what I've read about him, I always think of him as a very confused, lonely and damaged guy, but not an inherently bad guy like Bundy was.