• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ted Bundy

DeKay.E

ENTP. Or ENTJ, but ENTP is the best choice for Bundy.

Ne:
*takes in the present surrounding and sees past the physical objects;
*understands the world he lives in
*understands almost all social conventions and manipulates them to his advantage
*creative in his approach to capture, murder, and claim his victims

Ti:
*auxiliary function--helps Ne by figuring out the inner workings of society and human psychology

Fe:
*unusually high Fe
*tells people what they want to hear to his advantage

Si:
*weak Si

The scary psychopaths are actually the ones who never go on killing sprees. They are the ones who are living among us. Infact I dislike using the word scary for them. I prefer to use the word disgusting. Because that's what they are. Hopefully no one would make a comment defending psychopaths saying us to not stereotype them.

Stop worrying. Chances of meeting one are only 1/100. And most psychopaths are in politics. Mitt Romney, anyone?

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Stop worrying. Chances of meeting one are only 1/100. And most psychopaths are in politics. Mitt Romney, anyone?

Well, that's the percentage of the population that is estimated to be a sociopath. Your chance of meeting one is much higher. Still, I don't know how likely it is one will cause any very severe problems in your life.

Interestingly, Bundy was heavily involved in the Republican party.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hang on, why inferior Fe? I never said that. I just said low order, which could mean either tertiary or inferior (or opposing/critical for that matter, but I don't think so in this case).

That's true, you said low order but did not define what you meant by that, whether inferior or shadow. "Low order" is not really a part of function terminology. But there is an order of course, and each process is definable as shown on p. 52 of the book "Dynamics of Personality type." (Available for preview on google books.)

In any event, when inferior Fe is being rejected it is often seen as a stubbon refusal to even consider the idea that doing something to fit in might be ok, often extending to cover rejecting the idea of doing something that just happens to be popular. Like refusing to listen to a particular band because lots of people like them, even if they happen to good. Such peope often end up using society to define everything that their not going to be... and thus end up being shaped by it almost as much as a conformist! They can be rather in-your-face about it too - "Look at me! I'm different, so fuck you!"

That would be the stereotypical hipster. I know a guy (ISTJ) just like that. As an INTP type 5, at any rate, I'm more of an indifferentist than all-out non-conformist. So is my type 5 INTJ friend, and one day recently we actually agreed that we share this attitude of indifferentism. We don't really grok the ISTJ's hipsterism at all. His is a kind of pseudo-independence, because it relies on keeping track of what others are into and then moving the opposite way. That to me is just the other side of the conformist coin in that it lends final authority to external society rather than inner truth.

In other cases inferior Fe users can be the conformists when the function goes in hyperdrive, leaving them unable to cope with social rejection at all. They go out of their way to fit in to the point of betraying what they really believe in.

It doesn't have to be like that, of course. A more balanced inferior Fe can give a rather solitart ITP just enough social drive to assure they don't become isolated without sending them into neurotic circles.

I agree that there is a positive and a negative side to inferior Fe. The negative side has been called the Projective Inferior. This is simply the avoidance or disowning of certain traits the Ti's fear to see in themselves by subconsciously attributing them to external society. Therefore, by learning about the Ti's attitudes toward society they actually learn something about themselves that has only been mirrored externally from the subconscious. Once they can find it in themselves to own these projected traits, then external society becomes less threatening and overwhelming to them. Anxiety is always a message from the subconscious mind stating that there's something that needs to be acknowledged, but it is first necessary to look in the right direction for it.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Stop worrying. Chances of meeting one are only 1/100.
actually, some figures put the number as high as 4% of the general population. so if, say, 1-4% of the population is psychopathic, you have a much higher chance of meeting one than you might think.

And most psychopaths are in politics. Mitt Romney, anyone?

haha, true dat. also, you forgot
- Newt Gingrich
- Bill Clinton
- probably Hilary Clinton too
- Joe Biden
- Dick Cheney
....and countless others LOL

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I think he was INFJ 3w2 Sx/Sp

That's really disturbing. Not necessarily for the reasons you might think though.

It's the fact that the lady he used to work with, when she describes him...well it sounds a lot like me. :cry:

However I have pretty iron morals, the event for me to go off and do some of the things he did would have to be fairly catastrophic...or perhaps I am just naive and havn't experienced enough pain yet?

Have you ever noticed how killers are often called monsters? It's funny how society in general so wishes to distance itself from those who are actually not much different because I believe deep down; they fear that it is a dark reflection on all people and their potential for either conventional ideas of good or bad.

Not to say I think the actions of killers and they themselves ARENT reprehensible, I do, but I think it is naive to try and escape from the reality that such a person is still just a person.

With some people I almost feel like mentally holding their minds to the grindstone of harsh truths.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^Can you find me a pic of his mom in her 30's or 40's?

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I thought that typing didn't work out mentally disturbed individuals?

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
^Can you find me a pic of his mom in her 30's or 40's?

I found these, but some of the sites linked to them are down. Based on the age, I would guess this is his mother (whom he believed to be his sister for most of his life) and not his grandmother (whom he believed to be his mother).

0.jpg

with-mom.jpg%3Fw%3D300%26h%3D284

Older here, around the time he was arrested:

tumblr_lqfrx11pjw1r13gsho1_500.png

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why did he think she was his sister? Did they have the same father?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh. So it looks like it's likely that his mom is his sister. And his grandfather is his father. I wonder if, when he lived with his same grandparents until he was 4, they molested him as well? Then I wonder if when his mother moved him away, and he came to hate his step-father, if he and his mom had a sexualoving relationship.

And I wonder if his victims was some sort of trauma reenactment of his mother-bond.

*sigh* Resisting the urge to delve completely into researching Ted Bundy's psychosocial history.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Why did he think she was his sister? Did they have the same father?

Jack Nicholson grew up thinking the same thing for the same reason. His mother got pregnant pretty young and the father left. She was too young to take care of the kid by herself, so they told him that her mother (his grandmother) was his mom, and that his mother was his sister. No molestation. No incest.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Looks like on wiki it refers to it though.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Looks like on wiki it refers to it though.

You're right, there is a suspicion that the father did it on wikipedia. I haven't heard that before. Seems unconfirmed, but possible.

PS In Jack Nicholson's case, there definitely wasn't any incest.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How do you know? Did you perform his paternity test? :D

G

Glycerine

Look up the Ted Bundy Biography episode on YouTube. It verifies what wiki says but I don't know how credible it is necessarily. It gives a nice 40 minute summary of Bundy.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's really disturbing. Not necessarily for the reasons you might think though.

It's the fact that the lady he used to work with, when she describes him...well it sounds a lot like me. :cry:

However I have pretty iron morals, the event for me to go off and do some of the things he did would have to be fairly catastrophic...or perhaps I am just naive and havn't experienced enough pain yet?

Have you ever noticed how killers are often called monsters? It's funny how society in general so wishes to distance itself from those who are actually not much different because I believe deep down; they fear that it is a dark reflection on all people and their potential for either conventional ideas of good or bad.

Not to say I think the actions of killers and they themselves ARENT reprehensible, I do, but I think it is naive to try and escape from the reality that such a person is still just a person.

With some people I almost feel like mentally holding their minds to the grindstone of harsh truths.

Watching that movie, I'd almost be inclined to say he was INFP that became completely dissassociative. (Using Fi as a chameleon tool only, focusing on what people expect him to be. And inferior Te to structure his life obsessively seems logical.

Ofcourse, any documentary with people talking about someone isn't exactly good information to type him, and I don't know much of anything about Ted, so I rather not say anything. Just the idea I got from the documentary though.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going with ENFJ 3w2>7w8>8w7 Sx/Sp

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't you think he's sp? Wiki said he was meticulous about his appearance, etc.