Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Don't you think he's sp? Wiki said he was meticulous about his appearance, etc.
    no, he was reckless, intensity driven and did a lot of stupid things to get a rush. sounds more Sx dom to me
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    no, he was reckless, intensity driven and did a lot of stupid things to get a rush. sounds more Sx dom to me
    Can't that be Se dom/aux with a psychotic flair?

I'm not reckless, nor do I do things to get a rush. That sounds Se to me.

EDIT: Or actually. Maybe that is that shadow Se thing.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Can't that be Se dom/aux with a psychotic flair?

I'm not reckless, nor do I do things to get a rush. That sounds Se to me.

EDIT: Or actually. Maybe that is that shadow Se thing.

Ted was an unhealthy psychopath. I don't think comparing yourself to someone like him will be an answer for such questions. :>
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    That's really disturbing. Not necessarily for the reasons you might think though.

It's the fact that the lady he used to work with, when she describes him...well it sounds a lot like me.

However I have pretty iron morals, the event for me to go off and do some of the things he did would have to be fairly catastrophic...or perhaps I am just naive and havn't experienced enough pain yet?

Have you ever noticed how killers are often called monsters? It's funny how society in general so wishes to distance itself from those who are actually not much different because I believe deep down; they fear that it is a dark reflection on all people and their potential for either conventional ideas of good or bad.

Not to say I think the actions of killers and they themselves ARENT reprehensible, I do, but I think it is naive to try and escape from the reality that such a person is still just a person.

With some people I almost feel like mentally holding their minds to the grindstone of harsh truths.
    Maybe what you feel a similarity to is that he was an Fe type.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    actually, some figures put the number as high as 4% of the general population. so if, say, 1-4% of the population is psychopathic, you have a much higher chance of meeting one than you might think.

haha, true dat. also, you forgot
    - Newt Gingrich
    - Bill Clinton
    - probably Hilary Clinton too
    - Joe Biden
    - Dick Cheney
    ....and countless others LOL
    I don't think either of the Clintons are psychopaths, Little Lord Fauntleroy.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Maybe what you feel a similarity to is that he was an Fe type.
    Hmm could be, hadn't thought about it like that.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hmm could be, hadn't thought about it like that.
    I'm pretty certain he was a crazy FJ. I've made a pretty long argument for ENFJ here, but what I'm most sure of is that he was an FJ. ESTP just doesn't seem right to me, I don't think his Se was his dom function; I also think he is ENFJ over ESFJ because of his usage of Se. I also think SFJ seems less likely because "he didn't fit" despite his clear Fe desire to fit in, form relationships, and behave in a warm manner toward others.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I'm pretty certain he was a crazy FJ. I've made a pretty long argument for ENFJ here, but what I'm most sure of is that he was an FJ. ESTP just doesn't seem right to me, I don't think his Se was his dom function; I also think he is ENFJ over ESFJ because of his usage of Se. I also think SFJ seems less likely because "he didn't fit" despite his clear Fe desire to fit in, form relationships, and behave in a warm manner toward others.
    Yeah that makes sense and possibly points towards Fe serial killers as being....hmm perhaps quite elusive or sneaky because of their ability to meld into 'normal' society.

And so then they are harder to detect in social interaction than say...an NT serial killer, but then again I imagine an NT could easily adapt themselves and study others to give the impression of being socially normal. Perhaps I should narrow that point down to INT's as both INTP's and INTJ's can be a bit odd anyhow.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

no, no. he was definitely an intelligent charming guy, very rational and knew how to put on an air for being personable but it was because he worked at it. i believe he was a dominant Ne user.

entp or dominent Ne is what i suspect. this guy makes me sick to my stomach
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah that makes sense and possibly points towards Fe serial killers as being....hmm perhaps quite elusive or sneaky because of their ability to meld into 'normal' society.
    When I think of Ted Bundy I think more insanity than sneakiness. Of course, though, he had that big grand plan to go to law school and get his ex back just so he could dump her, that was pretty sneaky (and C-R-A-Z-Y) long-term vengeful planning. He clearly cared very much about saving face, and about things being what he saw as "even."

So I'd call him an Enneagram 3, and possibly also a so dom instinct.

It's probably also why he was so attractive to some women, at least after his "transformation" when he vowed he wouldn't get dumped for being a loser anymore, apparently.

Ted Bundy is one of those weird serial killers that really fascinates me, that's one of the reasons I'm so convinced he was an Fe dom. He seemed like on some level it was all about his mom, and about his gf dumping him, and about not quite fitting in in high school...it's all so emotion based, I just don't see him being anything but an F dom the more I think about him.

There's something sad about it, despite the fact he was a brutal murderer. For some weird reason I don't feel as sad about, say, Charles Manson. Charles Manson didn't seem to need the love or approval of any particular person. Ted Bundy, on the other hand, was very clear on what he needed and from whom, even though he sought in some crazy violent vengeful symbolic haze.

I'm not totally certain his symbolism wasn't Si, though...Si repeating a pattern that took him back to the original sense impression that moved him emotionally to begin with, the college girlfriend.

Maybe he was an ESFJ. But totally an Fe dom.

I got hung up on Ni because of his symbolism and long-term planning, but the more I think about it, you could just as easily say the symbolism was all a sensory pattern that was very personal to him, not a larger symbolic one.

He was a total rapist though, really gory, a total animal; seems like a more repressed form of Se gone insane, like in an NJ.

Oh, serial killers, y u no easy to type.