User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Thread: Ted Bundy

ENTP. Or ENTJ, but ENTP is the best choice for Bundy.

Ne:
    *takes in the present surrounding and sees past the physical objects;
    *understands the world he lives in
    *understands almost all social conventions and manipulates them to his advantage
    *creative in his approach to capture, murder, and claim his victims

Ti:
    *auxiliary function--helps Ne by figuring out the inner workings of society and human psychology

Fe:
    *unusually high Fe
    *tells people what they want to hear to his advantage

Si:
    *weak Si

The scary psychopaths are actually the ones who never go on killing sprees. They are the ones who are living among us. Infact I dislike using the word scary for them. I prefer to use the word disgusting. Because that's what they are. Hopefully no one would make a comment defending psychopaths saying us to not stereotype them.
    Stop worrying. Chances of meeting one are only 1/100. And most psychopaths are in politics. Mitt Romney, anyone?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by DeKay.E View Post

Stop worrying. Chances of meeting one are only 1/100. And most psychopaths are in politics. Mitt Romney, anyone?
    Well, that's the percentage of the population that is estimated to be a sociopath. Your chance of meeting one is much higher. Still, I don't know how likely it is one will cause any very severe problems in your life.

Interestingly, Bundy was heavily involved in the Republican party.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hang on, why inferior Fe? I never said that. I just said low order, which could mean either tertiary or inferior (or opposing/critical for that matter, but I don't think so in this case).
    That's true, you said low order but did not define what you meant by that, whether inferior or shadow. "Low order" is not really a part of function terminology. But there is an order of course, and each process is definable as shown on p. 52 of the book "Dynamics of Personality type." (Available for preview on google books.)

In any event, when inferior Fe is being rejected it is often seen as a stubbon refusal to even consider the idea that doing something to fit in might be ok, often extending to cover rejecting the idea of doing something that just happens to be popular. Like refusing to listen to a particular band because lots of people like them, even if they happen to good. Such peope often end up using society to define everything that their not going to be... and thus end up being shaped by it almost as much as a conformist! They can be rather in-your-face about it too - "Look at me! I'm different, so fuck you!"
    That would be the stereotypical hipster. I know a guy (ISTJ) just like that. As an INTP type 5, at any rate, I'm more of an indifferentist than all-out non-conformist. So is my type 5 INTJ friend, and one day recently we actually agreed that we share this attitude of indifferentism. We don't really grok the ISTJ's hipsterism at all. His is a kind of pseudo-independence, because it relies on keeping track of what others are into and then moving the opposite way. That to me is just the other side of the conformist coin in that it lends final authority to external society rather than inner truth.

In other cases inferior Fe users can be the conformists when the function goes in hyperdrive, leaving them unable to cope with social rejection at all. They go out of their way to fit in to the point of betraying what they really believe in.

It doesn't have to be like that, of course. A more balanced inferior Fe can give a rather solitart ITP just enough social drive to assure they don't become isolated without sending them into neurotic circles.
    I agree that there is a positive and a negative side to inferior Fe. The negative side has been called the Projective Inferior. This is simply the avoidance or disowning of certain traits the Ti's fear to see in themselves by subconsciously attributing them to external society. Therefore, by learning about the Ti's attitudes toward society they actually learn something about themselves that has only been mirrored externally from the subconscious. Once they can find it in themselves to own these projected traits, then external society becomes less threatening and overwhelming to them. Anxiety is always a message from the subconscious mind stating that there's something that needs to be acknowledged, but it is first necessary to look in the right direction for it.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by DeKay.E View Post
    Stop worrying. Chances of meeting one are only 1/100.
    actually, some figures put the number as high as 4% of the general population. so if, say, 1-4% of the population is psychopathic, you have a much higher chance of meeting one than you might think.

And most psychopaths are in politics. Mitt Romney, anyone?
    haha, true dat. also, you forgot
    - Newt Gingrich
    - Bill Clinton
    - probably Hilary Clinton too
    - Joe Biden
    - Dick Cheney
    ....and countless others LOL
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

ENTP 3w2 sx/so

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I think he was INFJ 3w2 Sx/Sp

That's really disturbing. Not necessarily for the reasons you might think though.

It's the fact that the lady he used to work with, when she describes him...well it sounds a lot like me.

However I have pretty iron morals, the event for me to go off and do some of the things he did would have to be fairly catastrophic...or perhaps I am just naive and havn't experienced enough pain yet?

Have you ever noticed how killers are often called monsters? It's funny how society in general so wishes to distance itself from those who are actually not much different because I believe deep down; they fear that it is a dark reflection on all people and their potential for either conventional ideas of good or bad.

Not to say I think the actions of killers and they themselves ARENT reprehensible, I do, but I think it is naive to try and escape from the reality that such a person is still just a person.

With some people I almost feel like mentally holding their minds to the grindstone of harsh truths.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Well, we should see what his mother looked like in her 30's and 40's...
    His first serious girlfriend had long straight with a part down the middle.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

^Can you find me a pic of his mom in her 30's or 40's?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

I thought that typing didn't work out mentally disturbed individuals?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    ^Can you find me a pic of his mom in her 30's or 40's?
    I found these, but some of the sites linked to them are down. Based on the age, I would guess this is his mother (whom he believed to be his sister for most of his life) and not his grandmother (whom he believed to be his mother).

Older here, around the time he was arrested:

Does he want a pillow for his head?