Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    For starters, their psychological disorders. Gein is the one of the only serial killers (actually, he's technically not a serial killer as he only murdered two people) I know of whom I truly believe was genuinely psychologically and mentally incapable to a degree that "reason of insanity" plea was 100% justified. By every single account, after his admission to the psychiatric ward where he stayed he was the kindest, least temperamental person you'd ever meet. I've heard that, before he was caught, people would mention his first victim (whom was missing) and he'd earnestly say "Oh, she's at my place" and people would assume he was kidding. I really think he had no perceptions or clear ideas of what he was doing.

And while he might be a candidate for "too many issues to type," my guess would be maybe... ISFP?
    Well Ed Gein was very much an introvert, and apparently trustworthy around children, but not at all charismatic. Odd and sad sort of person.

ISFx would actually be a good guess. I don't know as much about Gein as I do about Bundy, but I do know he would watch neighborhood children, everyone thought he was nice, but as a child he was horribly picked on. Kind of a gentle but dangerous person. Like Norman Bates, who is a composite of him, where as a character like Patrick Bateman would be more like Ted Bundy.

An ISFP possibly. He was quite the ...er...artist.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    A kind of smaller-scale, white trash Hitler.
    lol so true..

On another note, I'm not kidding about functions. I want to be Si/Te when I think about this stuff. I've always been highly resistant to that type of emotiveness. I can program myself, thank you very much. Maybe I'm a weird ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Well Ed Gein was very much an introvert, and apparently trustworthy around children, but not at all charismatic. Odd and sad sort of person.

ISFx would actually be a good guess. I don't know as much about Gein as I do about Bundy, but I do know he would watch neighborhood children, everyone thought he was nice, but as a child he was horribly picked on. Kind of a gentle but dangerous person. Like Norman Bates, who is a composite of him, where as a character like Patrick Bateman would be more like Ted Bundy.
    His mother (a single parent) was an extremely horrendous woman. She was heavily abusive, and even punished him whenever he tried to make friends, and thought he would grow up to be nothing. But because she was essentially the only person he had contact with, he was obsessed with her and cared extremely deeply for her. It was after he died and he was totally alone, unable to function at all in society, that he started doing what he did. Basically, he would dig up bodies of people that resembled her (his victims were also chosen on this basis) to kind of recreate her. He wore skin of the corpses he'd dig up to pretend to be her because he missed her so terribly. He was heavily schizophrenic and riddled with emotional disorders. I've always felt very sorry for Ed Gein. I really don't think he was an evil man.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Everyone's got bad shit. I couldn't feel sorry for him.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I couldn't if, even with a terrible upbringing, I felt like he had a realistic idea of exactly what he was doing.

I couldn't if, even with a terrible upbringing, I felt like he had a realistic idea of exactly what he was doing.
    I admit, I don't know much about him and the "obliviousness" you mentioned. Almost sounds like an abused animal, the way you describe it. In that sense, I couldn't be disturbed exactly.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

But we were talking about Bundy! I've always felt he was an E, I guess, but I've only seen limited footage of him (also partially based on an English teacher of mine, whose cousin used to carpool with Bundy to school, briefly mentioning a few banal stories). But I also a agree with a lot of the info you guys have put forth. ENFx, I guess?

Fun fact: Bundy was very involved into politics as a Republican. I read once he even briefly stalked an Democratic candidate he opposed. To keep things even: John Wayne Gacy was a staunch Democrat.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I admit, I don't know much about him and the "obliviousness" you mentioned. Almost sounds like an abused animal, the way you describe it. In that sense, I couldn't be disturbed exactly.
    That's just the way I read it, of course, but personal accounts of him and psychological profiles remind me of a confused child or Lenny of From Mice and Men (though the plight was slightly less on intellectual ability and more on complete lack of emotional development and intense psychological delusion).

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I pity Gein because I believe his IQ was rather low, like probably just above retardation. He was severely abused, and he only killed two people. Mostly he dug up graves looking for parts for his grotesque art projects. I really don't think he even knew exactly what he was doing.

Bundy, on the other hand, was quite intelligent and articulate, and actually plotted out revenge, for example, on his girlfriend. He won her back just so he could get her to fall in love with him so he could dump her, and then go on a killing spree, where he lured beautiful young women to their deaths with effervescent charm and even bizarre scenarios, like pretending to have a broken leg and asking for help.

Bundy I do not feel sorry for, despite the bad parts of his childhood. Gein, I do.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

ENFx, I guess?.
    I'm still going with the whole Fe/Se setup.

There's only one insane ENFP I can think of. Mary Kay Litourneau (sp?).