User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Thread: Ted Bundy

Although they're nothing alike, it seems like Bundy and Manson both use the same functions.. just in different ways. I don't know who's the "natural" STP or NFJ, but Se/Fe/Ti/Ni abounds in both of them.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Just most of them?

Just kidding of course.

Don't hurt me, INFJs. O.O

Back on topic, I thought that generally people that deranged were near impossible to type, because they don't have normal thought patterns or something?
    Nah, Ted Bundy wasn't schizophrenic or anything. He also clearly had Fe, it's what made him so attractive and charming. Part of Bundy's methodology is that women found him engaging and attractive. He was also able to go to law school and be "normal."

Furthermore, he knew enough socially to never lay a hand on an actual girlfriend or female acquaintance. He had long-term relationships with women. He only killed strangers.

On the other hand, all accounts show that he was disturbed even as a child, and had reason to be quite angry with his mother, for starters. He is believed to be the "perfect storm" of innate genetic predisposition plus the wrong childhood environment.

He also wasn't completely heartless at first, apparently he was very much in love with this one girl who dumped him, and he kind of "snapped" after that. Not saying it was her fault (it wasn't) but that was Bundy's "trigger."

He totally had Fe in a more prominent position. ExFJ, IxFJ, or ExTP. I would definitely NOT go IxTP for Bundy.

I think, though, he probably had Se/Ni, because he kept "trophies" of his victims (this would be Ni working on a symbolic level under Se...so at this point I'm probably saying ESTP).

Which is weird, though, because he just didn't have that ESTP "swagger" as a younger man.

Which would lead us back to ENFJ, possibly.

Definitely Fe. Definitely Ni/Se.

Compare Bundy to a serial killer like Ed Gein. Can't you tell how different their personalities were?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    actually, I tend to think the stereotypical mass murderer is INTJ, but Ted Bundy seems Ni/Fe with infrequent plunges into Se (the way INJs do)
    John Wayne Gacy was definitely an extrovert.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

I want to be a Ne/Si/Te type.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Although they're nothing alike, it seems like Bundy and Manson both use the same functions..
    Nothing alike? I can think of at least one pretty major thing.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Nothing alike? I can think of at least one pretty major thing.
    I mean their approach and methods are different. And general presentation or personality. Not that alike. Hell, Manson never even touched anyone. More like he assaulted people with his perceptions and emotiveness, and got them to do things instead. I'd compare him more to Jim Jones (another NFJ/STP).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I mean they're approach and methods, and general.. umm.. presentation or personality. Not that alike. Hell, Manson never even touched anyone. More like he assaulted people with his perceptions and emotiveness, and got them to do things instead. I'd compare him more to Jim Jones (another NFJ/STP).
    I know what you meant. I was just kidding around.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I mean their approach and methods are different. And general presentation or personality. Not that alike. Hell, Manson never even touched anyone. More like he assaulted people with his perceptions and emotiveness, and got them to do things instead. I'd compare him more to Jim Jones (another NFJ/STP).
    Yeah Bundy was an All-American boy, and Charles Manson was a straight up criminal from a young age. Of course their backgrounds were different. Charles Manson never pretended to *not* be counter-culture.

And yes, Manson was very hands-off. He was the great dictator. A kind of smaller-scale, white trash Hitler. Manson I definitely vote NFJ.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Compare Bundy to a serial killer like Ed Gein. Can't you tell how different their personalities were?
    For starters, their psychological disorders. Gein is the one of the only serial killers (actually, he's technically not a serial killer as he only murdered two people) I know of whom I truly believe was genuinely psychologically and mentally incapable to a degree that "reason of insanity" plea was 100% justified. By every single account, after his admission to the psychiatric ward where he stayed he was the kindest, least temperamental person you'd ever meet. I've heard that, before he was caught, people would mention his first victim (whom was missing) and he'd earnestly say "Oh, she's at my place" and people would assume he was kidding. I really think he had no perceptions or clear ideas of what he was doing.

And while he might be a candidate for "too many issues to type," my guess would be maybe... ISFP?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by PrimrosePopinjay View Post
    From what I have seen of him, I would have guessed ESXP?
    He may have been ESTP. I believe his Se was fairly high. I don't believe him to be INFJ.

I go ESTP or ENFJ because he was viscerally, physically involved and kept physical "trophies" as well as being highly, highly aware of Se physical representations of Fe normality. All of the women he killed were beautiful, too. That was important to him.

His awkward adolescence seems to make Se dom unlikely, like he would have been more openly competitive as a high schooler, rather than only coming into his own in college.

However, any type can have social anxiety, I suppose. Maybe Ted Bundy is what an ESTP looks like with social anxiety during the teen years.

I don't know.