Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by yakimadude View Post
    no, no. he was definitely an intelligent charming guy, very rational and knew how to put on an air for being personable but it was because he worked at it. i believe he was a dominant Ne user.

entp or dominent Ne is what i suspect. this guy makes me sick to my stomach
    Nope. An ENTP wouldn't plan for years just so he could dump somebody.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Nope. An ENTP wouldn't plan for years just so he could dump somebody.
    oh he planned out where he was going to dump a body?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Uh. Not saying he's any type in particular, but I know of many great body-dump sites. Just because it occurs to me. And, if it had to do with my hobby? I'd definitely have that system tweaked for optimum efficiency.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by yakimadude View Post
    oh he planned out where he was going to dump a body?
    He went to law school and won back his ex just so he could dump her. As a person. He also had enough control over his impulses and enough Fe to never, ever harm a girlfriend, acquaintence, friend, co-worker, etc.

He even kept a girlfriend while he was murdering on ths side at one point. None of them had any concept of how vile he could be. He kept that part of himself more hidden.

The problem with typing Ted Bundy is that you actually need to know details about him, he wasn't just some flashy narcissist, he had real deep profound issues with wanting a primary relationship with a woman, but at the same time being filled with such psychopathy and pain and hate that you simultaneously have the same desire to rape and murder women.

Not the "real" women, but the "symbolic" women...i.e. the strangers.

He was a planner, and not impulsive, but he let his impulses go crazy once he allowed himself to let go, and it was close enough to the surface that he finally just spiralled out of control at the end and got caught.

ExFJ, fo shizzle my nizzle.

MBTI
    ENTP

A huge percentage of serial killers lose it in the end. It's usually what gets them caught. They need a bigger "high" to feel it.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    A huge percentage of serial killers lose it in the end. It's usually what gets them caught. They need a bigger "high" to feel it.
    Yes but unlike others he really managed to keep it together on the surface for quite some time. Ed Gein seemed like a nice guy to locals in his village, but he also was an exceedingly private individual, and was free to play around with his body parts alone and had no appearances to keep up; unlike Bundy who worked diligently to remain loved and accepted.

He even tried to represent himself at his own trial; how pathetic is that, that clearly on some insane plane his rationality that he was still "in control" enough to defend himself. He also had a wife while in prison, lol.

MBTI
    ENTP

*nod*

They were both deluded, but just sane enough to know to hide. Ted was what happens when that happens to be mixed with "not frighteningly ugly" and lots of confidence. I imagine that with a habit like playing God, one can only get more deluded with the control over another's life/death in your hands plus killing one more time and not getting caught.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

When I saw the first post saying that Ted Bundy is INFJ , it reminded me of the actor Mark Harmon who played Ted Bundy in the movie The Deliberate Stranger who is also listed as a famous INFJ.

http://typelogic.com/infj.html

http://www.nndb.com/people/142/000025067/

MBTI
    ENTP

Oh, I'd buy that Harmon is INFJ.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Yes but unlike others he really managed to keep it together on the surface for quite some time. Ed Gein seemed like a nice guy to locals in his village, but he also was an exceedingly private individual, and was free to play around with his body parts alone and had no appearances to keep up; unlike Bundy who worked diligently to remain loved and accepted.
    This may be true, but I think Bundy and Gein are fundamentally different. Gein (who mostly grave robbed, he only actually killed 2 people, and them very quickly) was pretty clearly schizophrenic and didn't really seem to understand fully what he was doing or why he was doing wrong. I don't think he was actually psychopathic, but that rarer case of someone who was very, very confused: after he was arrested, he was declared legally insane (this virtually never happens, and almost only to very, very unstable people) and spent the remainder of his life in a mental health facility, where he was a model patient and never displayed signs of violence. He even allegedly told someone about the first victim being at his house in passing (the other party took it as a joke), which a more mentally competent and vicious killer wouldn't do.

Bundy was much more in control of his own actions and totally aware of what he was doing, and probably had antisocial personality disorder. So I think comparing Gein to Bundy (or most serial killers) is kind of tricky. I even have a some empathy for Gein. After what I've read about him, I always think of him as a very confused, lonely and damaged guy, but not an inherently bad guy like Bundy was.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?