• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Steins;Gate character types?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What do you think the main characters in Steins;Gate are typed? Here are my guesses?

Okarin: ENTP
Daru: ISTP
Mayuri: ESFP
Kurisu: INTJ
Moeka: ISTJ
Ruka: ISFJ
Feiris: ESFJ
Suzuha: ENFP

I may be a bit rusty and out of practice, however... it's been a while since I actively typed people.

Snow Turtle

It's a little strange with anime characters. Potential spoilers.

Okarin: Hybrid between INFJ and INTP. Leaning more towards the former than the latter. Alternatively: ENFJ.
Mayuri: ISFP e9? I don't really see her as an E.

With Okarin, even though he gives the impression that he's all Ne-Ti based with the whole mad scientist image. It's pretty much that, isn't it? An image. Ultimately he's just playing a game with those he likes and cares for. It's all revealed when things start falling apart in his life, and the whole desensitization of feelings that eventually come. I just get more of a feeler than a thinker vibe from him.

Actually on second thought. It's so damn hard to figure out. xD

Just watching some clips. It's back to thinking he probably is ENTP after all. I've got to admit, I don't really know many ENTPs in real life and how they act around people during times of crisis. Bleh. Anime characters, why are you so multi-faced.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It's a little strange with anime characters. Potential spoilers.

Okarin: Hybrid between INFJ and INTP. Leaning more towards the former than the latter. Alternatively: ENFJ.
Mayuri: ISFP e9? I don't really see her as an E.

Actually on second thought. It's so damn hard to figure out. xD

Just watching some clips. It's back to thinking he probably is ENTP after all. I've got to admit, I don't really know many ENTPs in real life and how they act around people during times of crisis. Bleh. Anime characters, why are you so multi-faced.

Yeah, the only other type I was considering for Okabe was INFJ, but I have always had the feeling that anime was written in such a way that INFJs would tend to sympathize with the main character, even if the main character wasn't really an INFJ. I'm not sure if that's correct, but it has often felt that way to me. It makes it hard to detect real INFJ characters in the context of an anime, if it's true. But I don't know if it is or not.

Mayuri could be an Introvert, yeah.

Snow Turtle

Yeah, the only other type I was considering for Okabe was INFJ, but I have always had the feeling that anime was written in such a way that INFJs would tend to sympathize with the main character, even if the main character wasn't really an INFJ. I'm not sure if that's correct, but it has often felt that way to me. It makes it hard to detect real INFJ characters in the context of an anime, if it's true. But I don't know if it is or not.

Yeah. They make unusual combinations to make an awesome character. :D
I spent the next hour or so reading about Stein's Gate again. They all pretty much decided that Okabe has two sort of personality... What he effectively wants to become? Exciting and all that.

But I totally agree with the whole idea that more often than not, the whole nice guy persona will come across as very FJish if they don't carry strong emotions. Some posters on this forum have called him an ENFP before?

Anyhow thanks to you. I now know that there's an OVA coming out :D

risonerse

MBTI Type
INTJ
As an INTJ, I think Kurisu seems to be little like an INTJ, but seems much more to be an INTP

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
Been a while since I've watched this, but here goes:

Okabe Rintarou: NeTi ENxP ScUeI 729 sx/so
Kurisu Makise: TiSi IsTJ RLOEI 513 sp/so
Mayuri Shiina: NeFi iNFP RlUAx 926 so/sp
Itaru Hashida: TiSe ISTP RCUEx 59x sp/sx

yeghor

Revived this old thread.

This character from the anime "Stein's Gate", Okabe Rintarou, aka Hyouuin Kyouma, who hangs around with a couple of friends in a 2nd floor flat that he calls a laboratory, is usually typed as INTP or ENTP or sometimes ENFP yet I agree with the user above that he is actually an INFJ male and his love interest Makise Kurisu is an INTJ female.

Throughout the series we learn that Okabe's mad scientist persona (Hyouuin Kyouma) is an act to keep his friend Mayuri happy, and that he has a serious side to him underneath that facade.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Okabe is a clear ENTP and Kurisu is INTJ. The rest I have to rewatch to type again, except the dude with a hat people type ISTP from what I remember. The naive girl gives me NFP vibes, some kind of FP type from memory.

- - - Updated - - -

As an INTJ, I think Kurisu seems to be little like an INTJ, but seems much more to be an INTP

I see more Ni and Te in her personally like most in my opinion. Futaba from Persona 5 is more like a INTP girl.

yeghor

Okabe is a clear ENTP and Kurisu is INTJ. The rest I have to rewatch to type again, except the dude with a hat people type ISTP from what I remember. The naive girl gives me NFP vibes, some kind of FP type from memory.

- - - Updated - - -

I see more Ni and Te in her personally like most in my opinion. Futaba from Persona 5 is more like a INTP girl.

Supa hacka Daru is a very caring guy actually so I wonder he is a feeler type of some sort.

In the anime all of them are supposed to be around 18-20 except for Mayuri by the way.

yeghor

Revived this old thread.

This character from the anime "Stein's Gate", Okabe Rintarou, aka Hyouuin Kyouma, who hangs around with a couple of friends in a 2nd floor flat that he calls a laboratory, is usually typed as INTP or ENTP or sometimes ENFP yet I agree with the user above that he is actually an INFJ male and his love interest Makise Kurisu is an INTJ female.

Throughout the series we learn that Okabe's mad scientist persona (Hyouuin Kyouma) is an act to keep his friend Mayuri happy, and that he has a serious side to him underneath that facade.

I thought Makise Kurisu (the redhead female) was an INTJ but now I am beginning to suspect she is an ENTP cause she is not stoic like an INTJ and much more emotionally expressive.

Both Okabe (the guy in lab coat) and Kurisu are clearly dominant intuitives yet Kurisu is smarter than him so it would make sense Okabe is an INFJ emulating an ENTP and Kurisu is actually an ENTP.

In the below video, we see that Kurisu is much more willing to improvise when making the salad whereas Okabe is irritated by it.

Kurisu makes salad

In this 2nd and 3rd videos, we see that Okabe keeps acting weird on the outside but actually he is analyzing things on the inside, implying that his outside weirdness is just an act.

Kurisu says farewell

But he's a guy (I wonder if Urushibara Ruka in priest clothes is an ENFJ, he is typed as 2w1 on Personality database)