User Tag List

First 456

Thread: James Franco

brainheart

Ok. So I watched that Charlie Rose interview again, and I think it's pretty apparent that-

1. his dominant function is a perceiving function.
    2. He's fascinated with the idea of perception- how he is perceived and how to construct the interpretation of his life- like his life is that of a performance and he is a performing artist.

I noticed those things and then I read this:

Introverted Intuition

Quasi-defining statements

p. 222: "...draws our attention to immediate sensory phenomena. ... It prompts an interest in perception itself--the process of recognizing and interpreting what we take in."

p. 223: "Introverted Intuition would prompt us to liberate our sense impressions from their larger context, thereby creating new options for perception itself."

As a dominant function:

p. 225: "Where Extraverted Intuitives see many behavioral options, INJs acknowledge many conceptual standpoints. They experience no need to declare one inherently better than another. Indeed, these types have the disconcerting habit of solving a problem by shifting their perspective and defining the situation some other way."
    I'm going to say, yes, I think this is his dominant function. He's way more into playing with concepts (Ni) than he is with considering the possibilities (Ne) or just living life as is (se).

Also, Fe does seem a preference more than Fi.

So I'm agreeing with you, @Lady X. INFJ.

I think sometimes dominant perceivers can be easy to confuse if you aren't a dominant perceiver yourself, speaking as not one. I knew I should take the opinions of those who are, so that's why I gave it more thought.

It was bugging me, because he does seem introverted and I just couldn't make sense of it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Ok. So I watched that Charlie Rose interview again, and I think it's pretty apparent that-

1. his dominant function is a perceiving function.
    2. He's fascinated with the idea of perception- how he is perceived and how to construct the interpretation of his life- like his life is that of a performance and he is a performing artist.

I noticed those things and then I read this:

I'm going to say, yes, I think this is his dominant function. He's way more into playing with concepts (Ni) than he is with considering the possibilities (Ne) or just living life as is (se).

Also, Fe does seem a preference more than Fi.

So I'm agreeing with you, @Lady X. INFJ.

I think sometimes dominant perceivers can be easy to confuse if you aren't a dominant perceiver yourself, speaking as not one. I knew I should take the opinions of those who are, so that's why I gave it more thought.

It was bugging me, because he does seem introverted and I just couldn't make sense of it.
    oh that's interesting. i hadn't read that about introverted intuition. that's a cool way of understanding what you were seeing.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Stansmith

He always came off as Se-Ni to me, rather than Ni-Se.

I can't see an INFJ telling reporters about his masturbation habits. His casual demeanor about a lot of things seems to suggest Pe.

I spend a fair amount of time alone, especially when I travel maybe to something like this or for work or whatever, but I'm in hotels a lot for a lot of my life. And I don't mind it because I have a lot of stuff to do on my own. I have a lot of reading to do for school or whatever. [pause, laughs] You asked! So, when I'm alone, I do masturbate a lot. I don't know why. It's like you have those days where it's just like, I have a ton of writing to do, or a ton of reading to do, and you're just like, OK, I'm going to be on the couch all day or in bed all day just doing that… I tend to have a four- or five-time day. [breaks out laughing] So, I probably would have if I was stuck under a rock.
    He sounds like every SP when describing their day. Fi seems likely too.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

ExFP
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

He went to my high school! sophomore year he was walking around campus with a video camera for a movie. I remember all of us following him around like crazy haha.

I've never seen interviews or anything but from my first impression and brief moment of interacting with him he seems more FJ than FP. I like Dave Franco more. He's the nicer and more attractive Franco.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so