• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type IdrA the most famous Starcraft 2 player in the vestern gaming world

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Such a happy guy isn`t he? :D

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
IdrA - ESTJ
iNcontrol - ESTP
day9 - ENFP
Artosis - INTP
NaNiWa - ISTJ

It seems that all IdrA is ever good for is BM, balance complaining, and consistently losing to Koreans.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Based on an extensive MBTI & Starcraft study I found, I would say that he is almost certainly INTJ along with most of the other players

However, Zergs were slightly more likely to be INTP

It seems that all IdrA is ever good for is BM, balance complaining, and consistently losing to Koreans.

He is a phenomenal caster and analyzer. Based on his nonexistent performance, I would expect more of this in the future. His understanding of the game is beyond what you see from most casters

Komakino

Starcraft players and casters that come to mind:

IdrA: INTJ
Artosis: INTP
Day9: _NTP. Despite his extraversion, I think he's probably INTP. He seems inferior-Fe, and Ti-dom seems plausible.
Husky: ISTP
Tasteless: Maybe ISTP? I don't know him that well.

The only person I can think of who could be an F is Tyler.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Ugh. Where are you guys getting NTJ for IdrA? He's classic ESTJ, and just about the biggest D-bag in sc2. Also, how can you think that both day9 and Artosis are INTP?

A player that I really do think is INTJ is col.Catz.

As for Husky, I think he's ESTP.

Here's some more players:

White-Ra - ESFP
LosirA - ESTP
MVP - ISTP
Drewbie - ISFJ
QXC - ENFJ
Stefano - INFP
JinrO - ISTP
HuK - ISFP
DeMuslim - INTP
Tyler - ISTP
TLO - ISFJ
Destiny - ESTJ

Notice that troll/BM potential is overrepresented in ESTx players.

Komakino

Husky's much more introverted than his casting persona. In the second TGS podcast, when asked why he's being so quiet, he mentions how he naturally "conserves his energy". He talks about how he'll lie dormant in a conversation until a topic he's interested in comes up, and how at events he spends most of his time alone. I don't really remember the wording but for everyday conversation it sounded strikingly similar to descriptions of mtbi introversion.

As for Day9, have you seen his 100th Daily? The incident he mentioned where he trashed his room, and the lesson he shared about learning not to be scared and suspicious of your emotions, as if they were alien and dangerous (possibly from a different Daily) makes me think he's inferior-Fe. I'd probably have guessed ENTP before.

Why do you think he's ENFP? I can't see him as anything other than NTP.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Husky's much more introverted than his casting persona. In the second TGS podcast, when asked why he's being so quiet, he mentions how he naturally "conserves his energy". He talks about how he'll lie dormant in a conversation until a topic he's interested in comes up, and how at events he spends most of his time alone. I don't really remember the wording but for everyday conversation it sounded strikingly similar to descriptions of mtbi introversion.

I don't see any of that as inconsistent with extraversion, particularly if it's in an In-Charge person.

As for Day9, have you seen his 100th Daily? The incident he mentioned where he trashed his room, and the lesson he shared about learning not to be scared and suspicious of your emotions, as if they were alien and dangerous (possibly from a different Daily) makes me think he's inferior-Fe. I'd probably have guessed ENTP before.

I don't think any of that is good evidence for type. I think it's better to look at the whole personality rather than random, largely irrelevant details like that. Plus, did it not occur to you that the fact that he was talking about his emotions at all is pretty F? I'd never imagine someone like, say, IdrA getting that personal if he did what day9 does (which is why he'd probably be a big time failure at it.)

Why do you think he's ENFP? I can't see him as anything other than NTP.

1. He clearly has a GtG (get things going) interaction style. I don't think that's debatable, and that alone rules out INTP, or any other introverted type.
2. He seems oriented to people more than things, which indicates F over T.
3. He's super idealistic about esports, which is why he's seen as being an inspiring pioneer of the field.
4. He seems to do that NF thing where they view life in narrative fashion. If nothing else, the man loves to tell entertaining (and sometimes very personal) stories. He's even been known to tear up!

Oh, and this isn't as solid, but IME the difference between ExTPs and ExFPs (who all seem to be inclined to a sort of obnoxiousness, to varying degrees) is usually that the latter are goofy and largely non-offensive while the former have a tendency to be trolls. Day9 would certainly fit the goofy, non-offensive type, which is why he's universally liked.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Day9 is a ESFJ.

idra is a Introvert. introverted feeler.

Pause it a 5.21 :D

Pinker85

Seriously, how do you tell what MBTI type a player/caster is? Is this based on interviews or their playing style?

I get more of an INTJ vibe though from, IdrA. Granted, I don't actually know many ESTJs so it's possible I just am reading Te as Ni+Te. Hmm. I guess he does remind me of a guy I use to climb with that was an ESTJ and a real prick. He'd always complain about the rock being chalked up (when he'd fall) etc. and throw a big fit whenever he couldn't finish a route. He also didn't want to hang out with certain people in the group because they weren't skilled enough. That seems a little similar to IdrA so possibly?

I've found Te, Ti, Se, and Si really overrepresented as the dominant function in the people I've met into playing SC2. I almost never meet NF players and if I do they typically are ENFx men. I've met quite a few ISFJs into playing but never any INFJs which I find a bit odd. I've found also that most female SC2 gamers are typically xSTP and they are generally pretty damn good but very competitive (read: not very friendly). I'd be really surprised if there were any INFP progamers.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seriously, how do you tell what MBTI type a player/caster is? Is this based on interviews or their playing style?

I subscribe to day9 on youtube. Funday monday and so on.