User Tag List

Thread: Yukio Mishima

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default Yukio Mishima

It seems universally accepted that this controversial author was a 4w5 Sx/So. What about his MBTI? Anybody want to guess what his was?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

INFJ, perhaps?

My guess would be INFP, but I'm not familiar enough with him to defend it.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

INFx.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Upon reading his wiki page, I see instances of both Ni, and possibly Fi, but otherwise I'm not entirely sure as to his complete type (although Fe seems highly unlikely).

Enneagram wise, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 4??? Maybe 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Upon reading his wiki page, I see instances of both Ni, and possibly Fi, but otherwise I'm not entirely sure as to his complete type (although Fe seems highly unlikely).

Enneagram wise, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 4??? Maybe 6?
    Personally I think he's one of the most perfect examples of a 4w5. In Confessions of a Mask, his semi-autobiographical novel, the character's issues all revolve around beauty, identity and envy. The only other book I've read of him, The Temple of the Golden Pavilion, deals with the same themes. The character in that book even explicitly states that he clings to what makes him a pariah (his stuttering) even if he suffers, because without it he would lose his identity. It's like Mishima was a 4 and knew about it.

In terms of MBTI, I want to say he's an INFP but I don't have any evidence. I don't think anyone would say he's someting other than INFx atleast.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    Personally I think he's one of the most perfect examples of a 4w5. In Confessions of a Mask, his semi-autobiographical novel, the character's issues all revolve around beauty, identity and envy. The only other book I've read of him, The Temple of the Golden Pavilion, deals with the same themes. The character in that book even explicitly states that he clings to what makes him a pariah (his stuttering) even if he suffers, because without it he would lose his identity. It's like Mishima was a 4 and knew about it.
    That certainly does make sense. Unfortunately I have never read any of his books, but had I, 4 is probably what I would have guessed (and note, his stories sound interesting, I'll definitely need to remember to read them some time).

In terms of MBTI, I want to say he's an INFP but I don't have any evidence. I don't think anyone would say he's someting other than INFx atleast.
    I'm not sure why INFx would be possible (that would presume two very different set of functions), however from the descriptions of how he wrote his stories, Ni sounds possible, although I would actually need to read them to be sure. However I doubt he's an Fe user; he willingly rejected following the approval of his elders (like secretly writers stories when he wasn't allowed to) and didn't seem all to concerned with upholding the vaules of his nation (although except maybe for his failed coup d'état) or fitting a social niche in society. However, since I'm only going off the wiki, I can't really be too certain of this.