• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Yukio Mishima

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
It seems universally accepted that this controversial author was a 4w5 Sx/So. What about his MBTI? Anybody want to guess what his was?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Upon reading his wiki page, I see instances of both Ni, and possibly Fi, but otherwise I'm not entirely sure as to his complete type (although Fe seems highly unlikely).

Enneagram wise, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 4??? Maybe 6?

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Upon reading his wiki page, I see instances of both Ni, and possibly Fi, but otherwise I'm not entirely sure as to his complete type (although Fe seems highly unlikely).

Enneagram wise, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 4??? Maybe 6?
Personally I think he's one of the most perfect examples of a 4w5. In Confessions of a Mask, his semi-autobiographical novel, the character's issues all revolve around beauty, identity and envy. The only other book I've read of him, The Temple of the Golden Pavilion, deals with the same themes. The character in that book even explicitly states that he clings to what makes him a pariah (his stuttering) even if he suffers, because without it he would lose his identity. It's like Mishima was a 4 and knew about it.

In terms of MBTI, I want to say he's an INFP but I don't have any evidence. I don't think anyone would say he's someting other than INFx atleast.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Personally I think he's one of the most perfect examples of a 4w5. In Confessions of a Mask, his semi-autobiographical novel, the character's issues all revolve around beauty, identity and envy. The only other book I've read of him, The Temple of the Golden Pavilion, deals with the same themes. The character in that book even explicitly states that he clings to what makes him a pariah (his stuttering) even if he suffers, because without it he would lose his identity. It's like Mishima was a 4 and knew about it.

That certainly does make sense. Unfortunately I have never read any of his books, but had I, 4 is probably what I would have guessed (and note, his stories sound interesting, I'll definitely need to remember to read them some time).

In terms of MBTI, I want to say he's an INFP but I don't have any evidence. I don't think anyone would say he's someting other than INFx atleast.

I'm not sure why INFx would be possible (that would presume two very different set of functions), however from the descriptions of how he wrote his stories, Ni sounds possible, although I would actually need to read them to be sure. However I doubt he's an Fe user; he willingly rejected following the approval of his elders (like secretly writers stories when he wasn't allowed to) and didn't seem all to concerned with upholding the vaules of his nation (although except maybe for his failed coup d'état) or fitting a social niche in society. However, since I'm only going off the wiki, I can't really be too certain of this.