• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is Alain Delon?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Very famous and popular french actor, archetype of the brun ténébreux, what type do you think he is? My guess is ISTP 7w8 Sx/Sp (like Wolverine), maybe ESTP.

He could be ESTP, but he seems clearly introvert next the the ESTP Jean-Paul Belmondo.

Here is a long interview in english with Dick Cavett when he was 34.

[youtube=KW91OJ5OY0M]Dick Cavett Show - Alain Delon interview (part 1 of 4)[/youtube]
[youtube=6xTevg8DN1I]Dick Cavett Show - Alain Delon interview (part 2 of 4) [/youtube]
[youtube=At5qOYdiZug]Dick Cavett Show - Alain Delon interview (part 3 of 4) [/youtube]
(By the way, I'm like Delon there, I did'nt understand what Dick Cavett means by "fighting over a woman", I don't get it. Can someone help me?)
[youtube=ABpVMOt0WEE]Dick Cavett Show - Alain Delon interview (part 4 of 4) [/youtube]

KDude

All I know about him is from his movies, but yeah, he's definitely more introverted than Belmondo. I don't know if it's the way directors wanted to portray him, but he rarely says anything. One of his most badass movies (Le Samourai) probably has like 3 lines. Heh

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All I know about him is from his movies, but yeah, he's definitely more introverted than Belmondo. I don't know if it's the way directors wanted to portray him, but he rarely says anything. One of his most badass movies (Le Samourai) probably has like 3 lines. Heh

Here is an interview for Le Samouraï.

[youtube=VVi8dnJ-MJA]Le SamouraÑ— Alain Delon interview[/youtube]

He's very at ease with economy of words, solitude and correct errors and inconsistencies. Seems to confirm ISTP.

The old Alain Delon seem more extrovert though.

[youtube=yHRjgVh5JLI]alain delon[/youtube]

In this interview, he makes humor about himself for his reputation to be narcissist and touchy, which confirms 7w8.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
istp eddie merckx subtype. Could be 7w8 (I haven't identified the e-type of this subtype)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
What is the "eddie merckx subtype"?

lol, it's a class of ISTPs I've observed having a similar vibe and behavior, eddie merckx being among them. I think he's either 7w8 or 8w7; Delon seems more 7w8 tho.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol, it's a class of ISTPs I've observed having a similar vibe and behavior, eddie merckx being among them. I think he's either 7w8 or 8w7; Delon seems more 7w8 tho.

I know what you mean. Eddy M is a 7w8 Sp/Sx. Alain D is 7w8 Sx/Sp.

250px-Eddy_Merckx_Molteni_1973.jpg

alain-delon.jpg

They are similars ISTP You can also see the same style with Joe Perry and Wolverine, who are ISTP 7w8 Sx/Sp too.

Joe_Perry.jpg

Wolverine-Comics-wolverine-3508160-560-845.jpg

So, it's more the "Social-last 7w8 ISTP" subtype, lol.

Did you etablish an entire typpology of ISTP subtype or is that just a random category that you identified?

KDude

Whatever subtype it is, it's too cool for me. I don't have hairy arms. What can I say? I'm Asian. Funnily, if I was an X-Men character, I'd be closer to that actress that played Jean Grey. She's a more real ISTP than wolverine (although she's female, so that means F amirite).

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whatever subtype it is, it's too cool for me. I don't have hairy arms. What can I say? I'm Asian. Funnily, if I was an X-Men character, I'd be closer to that actress that played Jean Grey. She's a more real ISTP than wolverine (although she's female, so that means F amirite).

Famke J is ISTP?

KDude

Famke J is ISTP?

It's my best guess. She's another subtype lol (maybe Jill Hennesy fits there too.. maybe Keanu Reeves).

Then there's the slacker ISTP. Jason Lee subtype. Or Peter Gibbons from Office Space.

But I'm getting off the point now..

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's my best guess. She's another subtype lol (maybe Jill Hennesy fits there too.. maybe Keanu Reeves).

Then there's the slacker ISTP. Jason Lee subtype. Or Peter Gibbons from Office Space.

But I'm getting off the point now..

I see. I think I'm of the Corey Haim subtype.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think it may be true. I mean, I finally don't think he repress Fe, he's at ease at being socially sophisticate. Too much for a true ISTP, I think, he often express his feeling in interview, and he has a lot of quotes about love and warmth. I think he could be ESTP, but at the same time he says that even if he is reckless and tend to deny authority, he was disciplined and controled from an early age, touchy and doesn't seem to have a big tolerance for the chaos around him.

So, yeah, he oculd really be an ISTJ 7w8 Sx/Sp, ISTJ is not often see for a 7, but it's possible, many 7s are SJs.

KDude

I think it may be true. I mean, I finally don't think he repress Fe, he's at ease at being socially sophisticate. Too much for a true ISTP, I think, he often express his feeling in interview, and he has a lot of quotes about love and warmth. I think he could be ESTP, but at the same time he says that even if he is reckless and tend to deny authority, he was disciplined and controled from an early age, touchy and doesn't seem to have a big tolerance for the chaos around him.

So, yeah, he oculd really be an iSTJ 7w8 Sx/Sp, ISTJ is not often see for a 7, but it's possible, many 7s are SJs.

He'd almost undoubtedly be typed LSI in Socionics, but I'm not always sure how it translates here. They could be ISTP or ISTJ. Some others sort of like him: Yul Brynner, Ed Harris, Marc Wahlberg..

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I think it may be true.

And it's the most popular opinion among Russian typers.

KDude said:
He'd almost undoubtedly be typed LSI in Socionics, but I'm not always sure how it translates here.

Preferences in MBTI and in Socionics are compatible and almost identical (besides E/I wich is wider in Socionics, but in practice used its Jungian interpretation when there is a typing with isolated preferences). So, LSI = ISTJ.

> They could be ISTP or ISTJ.

Could not. J/P = J/P in both typologies. Socionics is using same isolated description of J/P as in MBTI (as I've said, the difference among preferences is only in E/I preference; but as Socionics do not disclaim its Jungian interpretation and socionists use Jungian interpretaion in practice almost always, - the compatibility is preserved).

> Some others sort of like him: Yul Brynner, Ed Harris, Marc Wahlberg..

Here is the problem of low match in typing and absence of objective experimental basis. So these people may to be other types when typed by other typers. Wahlberg is ESTP in my opinion, for example.

KDude

Could not. J/P = J/P in both typologies.

You think? You're right in my case at least. I don't see myself as LSI (or any J/rational type). I know a few of them. I don't like sticking around at all.

Wahlberg is ESTP in my opinion, for example.

Hmm, same quadra then.

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
You think?

It's obvious. It's enough to look in preferences tests used in Socionics and to preferences descriptions in Socionics books. Isolated descriptions of preferences are the same in essense, besides E/I (wich is wider but identical in practice when preferences are used for typing isolately, Socionics do not rejects its Jungian interpretation and socionists use it in practice mostly).

Situation when some people say J/P in both typologies relates to different types is based on difference in functional models [MBT's model for introverted types controverts to Jung], but this is illogical. As preferences itself are the same and compatible, so when types are written with preferences (4-letter code like ISTJ, ESTJ, etc), - they are the same too.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hum, so Alain Delon is ISTJ. Ok.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's actually an ENTJ. Well, as it has been said, he's too much compulsive to be an ISTP, and socially sophisticated to be an ISTJ. He has a lot of wild Se, though, too much to be ESTJ. He's definetly a TJ though, and he has a lot of introverted traits, but he's not INTJ, not really the mastermind, but the touchy and domeenering leader.

So he is an ENTJ. With a pretty strong touch with he's ISFP shadow.