Archer: ESFP
    Lana: ESTJ
    Cheryl/Carol/Cristal: ISFJ
    Pam: ENFP
    Cyril: INFP
    Krieger: INTP
    Mom: ENTJ
    Ray: ENFJ
    Last edited by JocktheMotie; 01-18-2012 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Revised Pam to ENFP, added Ray

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I always saw Archer more as an ESTP (albeit a whiny one)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Updating to revise Krieger to ISTP.

It was the penchant for filming and being aroused by bum fights that really tipped him over the edge.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Yeah, I'm with @spamtar.

I think Archer's an ESTP...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Archer as ESTP is probably where I land, too. As for Krieger... I'm not 100% sure where I land with the ISTP vs INTP thing. He still does a fair amount of insane experiments that feel very INTP mad scientist-y. I'm not sure his (ever growing number of) weird sexual kinks necessarily push him into the ISTP arena.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Yeah, I'm with @spamtar.

I think Archer's an ESTP...
    Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Archer as ESTP is probably where I land, too. As for Krieger... I'm not 100% sure where I land with the ISTP vs INTP thing. He still does a fair amount of insane experiments that feel very INTP mad scientist-y. I'm not sure his (ever growing number of) weird sexual kinks necessarily push him into the ISTP arena.
    Honestly, ESTP works too. I think I may have trampled over my fictional character typing golden rule of "Keep it Simple, Stupid" but sometimes I can't help but try to be creative. I chose ESFP because he always vibes me as Se-Te hedonist with a supressed Fi core, the "poor man's ENTJ" if you will, but ESTP is just simpler. Occam's razor and all that.

Krieger, eh, he's more mad scientisty in terms of gadgetry, tinkering, more mechanically [I hate using this word with STPs because I think it conjures too many bad connotations but it's the best one I can think of at the moment] improvisational; it's really his whole outlook rather than just erotic bum-fighting that makes me think so.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Honestly, ESTP works too. I think I may have trampled over my fictional character typing golden rule of "Keep it Simple, Stupid" but sometimes I can't help but try to be creative. I chose ESFP because he always vibes me as Se-Te hedonist with a supressed Fi core, the "poor man's ENTJ" if you will, but ESTP is just simpler. Occam's razor and all that.
    I noticed last night that Netflix got season 2 up and streaming, so I watched the first episode last night.

I tried to give an equal chance to both sides, and, ya know, I couldn't really point to much for ESTP > ESFP.

The golden rule, of course, would say ESTP, but, let's be real, that basically turns on little more than ESTP = male, ESFP = female.

You could argue he's got underdeveloped Fi selfishness/dickishness, and isn't "in need of being loved" like one would expect of an ESTP.

He's more just constantly trying to satisfy his urges, and is totally self-absorbed, which would jibe just fine with ESFP.

So, yeah, I think your reading, while violating the golden rule, also has some merit to it.

I'll be keeping my mind open as I go through season 2.

God I fucking love this show.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Krieger, eh, he's more mad scientisty in terms of gadgetry, tinkering, more mechanically [I hate using this word with STPs because I think it conjures too many bad connotations but it's the best one I can think of at the moment] improvisational; it's really his whole outlook rather than just erotic bum-fighting that makes me think so.
    I can kind of feel you on ISTP.

There's something about his violent urges...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    854 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Ti

Archer: ESxP (For me preferably ESFP)
    Krieger: ENTP (I don't understand where you think he's an ISTP or INTP when he time and time again shows Inferior Si and Dominant Ne.)

- - - Updated - - -

Archer: ESxP (For me preferably ESFP)
    Krieger: ENTP (I don't understand where you think he's an ISTP or INTP when he time and time again shows Inferior Si and Dominant Ne.)
    eyy, dat's pretty guud.