First 12

Ginkgo

MBTI
    FiNe
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj

In fact, the collar thing is what made me think Kawada was an ISTP. ISTP are usually the best type to figure out how something work.
    Hmmm... I'm rethinking that. Maybe it's my impression of the collar that's wrong. I always saw it in my mind's eye as a device that would require a lot more scientific know-how and a lot less hands-on mechanical skills to tamper with succesfully.
    I re-read some parts and like you said, his flashbacks with Keiko made me see the ISTP in him a lot more clearly. I forget that the mature ISTP's understanding of human behavior can rival that of an NT. Maybe he appears very INTJ during the timeline of the Battle Royale story due to the things he had to go through, and the Ni-based realizations that did a major overhaul on his character.

But yeah, you're right Kawada is definetly INTJ.
    I now think you were correct all along in typing him as ISTP.

And what about Keiko? From the flashbacks, she reminded me of a calmer, more introverted version of ENFJ Utsumi, so maybe INFJ?
    I totally agree. Keiko is very INFJ.

What makes me think Kiriyama isn't INFJ is that he doesn't seem to use Ni, he doesn't seem to have a big vision of what his plan is. He sounds more like a go with the flow person, exploring different possibilities out of pure curiosity. This sounds more Ne than Ni to me. But I had totally forgot about the flashbacks of Kiriyama before his accident, and yeah, he didn't look like a INTP child at all in those.
    I'm sticking with the assumption that he was meant to be INFJ, or at least another type of similar temperament... It's the brain damage that fucked him up from within, making him appear otherwise.
    Well, it's really hard to type him accurately because of that. He's like one of those fictional characters that are near-impossible to type perfectly, like the Joker.
    The flashback scenes were pretty cute.

And I hated what they did to Kiriyama in the movie. He was such a boring plot device in the movie and they took away everything that made him so interesting in the book/manga, like his accident, his relationship with Numai, etc. I guess Movie!Kiriyama is some kind of psycho ISTP, doing it for the thrill.
    Word. I guess that's the trade-off for converting such a good, lengthy story into film.
    And man,the slick-haired Kiriyama from the manga is definitely scarier than the anime-haired one in the movie.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so

Hmmm... I'm rethinking that. Maybe it's my impression of the collar that's wrong. I always saw it in my mind's eye as a device that would require a lot more scientific know-how and a lot less hands-on mechanical skills to tamper with succesfully.
    I re-read some parts and like you said, his flashbacks with Keiko made me see the ISTP in him a lot more clearly. I forget that the mature ISTP's understanding of human behavior can rival that of an NT. Maybe he appears very INTJ during the timeline of the Battle Royale story due to the things he had to go through, and the Ni-based realizations that did a major overhaul on his character.

I now think you were correct all along in typing him as ISTP.
    Haha, well we can agree that Kawada use Ni/Se or Se/Ni. Now, we have to decide if he either uses Te/Fi or Ti/Fe.

I'm sticking with the assumption that he was meant to be INFJ, or at least another type of similar temperament... It's the brain damage that fucked him up from within, making him appear otherwise.
    Well, it's really hard to type him accurately because of that. He's like one of those fictional characters that are near-impossible to type perfectly, like the Joker.
    The flashback scenes were pretty cute.
    Yeah, he is a such a hard character to type. But I'm still not sure about INFJ, because, to me, Kiriyama clearly uses Ne/Si. The way he is always trying to find new ways of exploring the world and his purely intellectuel curiosity about everything sounds so Ne. And how he just needs to read a book once or look at a school yard once and be able to paint it perfectly looks like Si on fire.

Word. I guess that's the trade-off for converting such a good, lengthy story into film.
    And man,the slick-haired Kiriyama from the manga is definitely scarier than the anime-haired one in the movie.
    Lol! I hated Kiriyama's hair in the movie*. Manga Kiriyama is so much better.

And what about Takako? I just can't decide between ISTP, INTJ or even ISTJ. She's another one who's really hard to type.

And do you think Satomi is ISTJ or INTJ? I can't decide if her paranoia attack in the lighthouse was caused by ISTJ's inferior Ne kicking in and make her see things that aren't really there or if it's an INTJ's Ni-Fi loop.

MBTI
    FiNe
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj

Haha, well we can agree that Kawada use Ni/Se or Se/Ni. Now, we have to decide if he either uses Te/Fi or Ti/Fe.
    It's all unclear to me how his judging preferences are set up. When he's in action, he seems very much like an extroverted thinker. When he voices his opinions, i'm unsure whether they're syntheses of Ni-Te or largely Ti-governed. A good example would be his discussion with Keiko about the heart and the brain. Fi was very much absent during that conversation. But if we were to examine the Se-Ni thing going on with him a bit more...

Looking at a snapshot of his character from afar, though, he looks like either a mature ISTP, or a mellowed-down ENTJ. From a shallow perspective, his physique, accuracy with the gun (he did shoot that second grenade in mid-air after all) suggests that his preference for Se is not at all on the inferior spot. I reckon that if he were INTJ, it's more likely that we would see a slightly different Shogo from what's in the story. (I know the one in the movie is NOT xNTJ)

It would also make sense if we were to assume he's ENTJ. In the past game, his impulsive killer instincts coupled with his mental conditioning ("they are not my friends" x100) makes me think that he uses Se and Ni almost hand-in-hand in every decision he makes. This would be true for the ISTP also, and though the two types have a similarity, they are also very different from each other. It's almost like Shogo is the perfect hybrid of both.

Really undecided if Te-Fi or Ti-Fe. What's your verdict?

And what about Takako? I just can't decide between ISTP, INTJ or even ISTJ. She's another one who's really hard to type.
    True that, she's really hard to type. I wouldn't call her a complex character, though. In the manga, I'd say ISTP. It seems she's more a sensor than intuitive.
    Although, her relationship with Hiroki really looks a lot like the stereotypical INFP-INTJ friendship(not uncommon).

And do you think Satomi is ISTJ or INTJ? I can't decide if her paranoia attack in the lighthouse was caused by ISTJ's inferior Ne kicking in and make her see things that aren't really there or if it's an INTJ's Ni-Fi loop.
    Well I don't know much about Satomi to make a good judgement of her type, but I'd say ISTJ sounds about right for her. I'd go with the inferior Ne theory for that sudden paranoia. She doesn't seem very intuitive.

Here's a good one. Yuichiro Takiguchi. Yeah, he could be INFJ like you said, but the two other probabilities are: a healthy INFP, or a well-developed ENFJ. I'm leaning more towards the INFP.

Also, Hirono Shimizu. xSTP like you said, or possible ISFP...?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so

Hey, I'm back

It's all unclear to me how his judging preferences are set up. When he's in action, he seems very much like an extroverted thinker. When he voices his opinions, i'm unsure whether they're syntheses of Ni-Te or largely Ti-governed. A good example would be his discussion with Keiko about the heart and the brain. Fi was very much absent during that conversation. But if we were to examine the Se-Ni thing going on with him a bit more...

Looking at a snapshot of his character from afar, though, he looks like either a mature ISTP, or a mellowed-down ENTJ. From a shallow perspective, his physique, accuracy with the gun (he did shoot that second grenade in mid-air after all) suggests that his preference for Se is not at all on the inferior spot. I reckon that if he were INTJ, it's more likely that we would see a slightly different Shogo from what's in the story. (I know the one in the movie is NOT xNTJ)

It would also make sense if we were to assume he's ENTJ. In the past game, his impulsive killer instincts coupled with his mental conditioning ("they are not my friends" x100) makes me think that he uses Se and Ni almost hand-in-hand in every decision he makes. This would be true for the ISTP also, and though the two types have a similarity, they are also very different from each other. It's almost like Shogo is the perfect hybrid of both.

Really undecided if Te-Fi or Ti-Fe. What's your verdict?
    I think I would go with Ti-Fe, so ISTP with a developed tertiary Ni. It's been a while since I read the mangas and the books, but, while Shogo could be a bit directive when it comes to his plan to take the Program down, he was pretty laid-back most of the times, especially in his flashbacks. Wouldn't an ENTJ be much more driven and directive?

Here's a good one. Yuichiro Takiguchi. Yeah, he could be INFJ like you said, but the two other probabilities are: a healthy INFP, or a well-developed ENFJ. I'm leaning more towards the INFP.
    Yeah, I was really not sure about INFP or INFJ. I don't think he is ENFJ. ENFJ's interaction style is in-charge and Yuichiro is certainly not in charge. Compare him to ENFJ Utsumi who gathered all her friends and tried to lead them to safety, he is really low profile. And I would go with INFJ for him. I think he uses Ni-Fe much more than he uses Fi-Ne. He was able to find all the right words to make a connection with Mitsuko and he was the first person in years to be able to do so, which screams Fe to me. On the other hand, he was not influenced at all by his best friend Hatagami when he was trying to convince him to kill Mitsuko. This could be explained either by Fe who doesn't want anyone to gets hurt or Fi who wants to stick to his pacific values.

Also, Hirono Shimizu. xSTP like you said, or possible ISFP...?
    I would say Novel Hirono is ISTP and Manga Hirono a screwed up ISFP. Novel Hirono was much more logical and cold-thinking than Manga Hirono who seemed to have a much softer side. In the novel, Hirono did not hesitate to kill Kaori, while in the manga, she just ran away after being hit.

What about Yoshimi? Her story always made me so sad. I would say she's ISFP, but I could also see a really screwed up ISFJ.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so

Since I'm getting into enneagramms, I've tried to find the enneatypes of some of the characters. I've also corrected some of my previous MBTI guesses.

Yoshio Akamatsu - IxFx 9w1 Sp/So (Really not sure about this one)
    Mizuho Inada - INFP 1w9 Sp/Sx
    Keita Iijima - ExFx Phobic 6w7 So/Sp
    Yukie Utsumi - ENFJ 2w3 So/sx
    Tatsumichi Oki - ESxP 7w6 Sp/So
    Megumi Eto - IxFJ 2w1 So/Sx (Not sure about this one either)
    Toshinori Oda - INTJ 1w9 Sp/So
    Sakura Ogawa - xNFP 9w1 Sx/So
    Shogo Kawada - ISTP 5w6 Sp/Sx
    Izumi Kanai - xxFx I guess we know too little about her to make any educated guess
    Kazuo Kiriyama - INTP 5w? Sp/S?
    Yukiko Kitano - ISFJ 2w1 So/Sx
    Yoshitoki Kuninobu - IxFP 9w8 Sx/So
    Yumiko Kusaka - ENFP 9w1 So/Sx
    Yoji Kuramoto - ExxP 9w8 Sp/Sx (Really not sure about this one either)
    Kotohiki Kayoko - xSFP 7w6 Sx/So
    Kuronaga Hiroshi - ISxx Hard to tell since we know really little about him
    Yuko Sakaki - ISFJ 1w2 So/Sp, possibly 2w1 too
    Ryuhei Sasagawa - ESxP 7w6 Sp/So
    Hirono Shimizu - xSTP Counter-phobic 6w7 Sp/Sx
    Mitsuko Souma - ESxP 8w7 Sx/Sp
    Hiroki Sugimura - INFP 9w1 Sx/So (Or possibly 2w1?)
    Yutake Seto - xSFP 9w1 Sx/So (Really not sure about this one, I could also see 6w7 and 7w6)
    Haruka Tanizawa - ESTJ 1w2 So/Sp
    Yuichiro Takiguchi - INFJ 9w1 Sp/Sx
    Takako Chigusa - IxTJ 3w4 Sp/Sx
    Sho Tsukioka - ENTP 4w5 Sp/Sx
    Mayumi Tendo - ISFJ No idea
    Shuya Nanahara - ENFP 4w3 Sx/So
    Noriko Nakagawa - IxFJ 2w1 So/Sx
    Kazushi Niida - ESTP 7w8 Sx/Sp (Possibly 8w7 Sx/Sp)
    Yuka Nakagawa - ESFP 7w6 Sx/So
    Mitsuru Numai - ESTJ Counter-phobic 6w7 Sp/So
    Satomi Noda - ISTJ Phobic 6w5 Sp/So
    Tadakatsu Hatagami - ESTJ 6w7 Sp/So
    Fumiyo Fujiyoshi - ISFJ 2w1 So/S?
    Shinji Mimura - ENTP 3w4 Sx/Sp or 5w6 Sx/So
    Chisato Matsui - IxFx Phobic 6w7 Sx/So (Really not sure)
    Kyochi Motobuchi - ISTJ Phobic 6w5 Sp/So
    Kaori Minami - IxFx Phobic 6w7 Sp/So (I think I type way too many phobic 6w7s)
    Yamamoto Kazuhiko - ISFP 9w1 Sx/So
    Yoshimi Yahagi - ISFp 2w1 Sx/So