• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Wonder Years

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Kevin Arnold
Winnie Cooper
Paul Pfeiffer
Jack Arnold
Norma Arnold
Wayne Arnold
Karen Arnold

(I thought we already had a thread on this, but I couldn't find one. Merge if necessary.)

I'm rewatching the series on Netflix from start to finish and the characters aren't quite the way I remember. ...Of course, I'm a lot older this time around. And Kevin is way more angsty/emo than I realized. That kid's a love-obsessed F-type to be sure. I'm not hazarding guesses till I finish the series, but I thought you guys might.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Kevin - ISFP
Winnie - INFJ
Paul - INTJ
Jack - ISTJ
Norma - ISFJ?
Wayne - ESTP
Karen - I dunno

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good guesses. Karen could arguably be an ENFP.

ProfessorX

Kevin - ISFJ

Throughout the show, Kevin, amidst his teenage angst, is usually trying to please his parents (in contrast with Wayne, who would get away with whatever he can). The show is also viewed through a Guardian perspective, as Kevin, nostalgically looks back on the past "with wonder".

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
Kevin Arnold INFP
Winnie Cooper INFJ
Paul Pfeiffer INTJ
Jack Arnold ISTJ
Norma Arnold ISFJ
Wayne Arnold ESTP
Karen Arnold ENFP

Just guesses.