User Tag List

123 Last

Default Britney Spears vs Lindsay Lohan

I was just thinking that Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears are both (most likely) ESFPs but while Britney has gotten her act together Lindsay Lohan still seems to go down the rabbit hole towards a drug-induced early demise a la Amy Winehouse. What made the difference for Britney, why could she sort herself out while there seems no end in sight for Lohan's troubles?

Also what is it about ESFPs that can make them act out so outrageously and send them so spectacularly down a spiral of destruction? Living in the moment and not thinking about consequences? Relying too much on feelings and outside approval?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Not that I follow it closely, but I never got the impression that Britney was ever self destructive, or even very unhealthy. She just put on weight, had kind of questionable choice in men, and didn't focus too much on her career. I dunno, this just sounds like a normal person. The only thing at risk was her fame.

I'm going to go with Drugs and mental health issues as the answer to this question.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Not that I follow it closely, but I never got the impression that Britney was ever self destructive, or even very unhealthy. She just put on weight, had kind of questionable choice in men, and didn't focus too much on her career. I dunno, this just sounds like a normal person. The only thing at risk was her fame.
    Really? Did you miss that whole 2-year-period where she wigged out, shaved her head on a whim, smashed a car windshield with her umbrella, ran around town in short skirts without underwear, lost custody of her kids, etc?

I really don't know much about Lohan's type, although Britney I think is ESFP.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Really? Did you miss that whole 2-year-period where she wigged out, shaved her head on a whim, smashed a car windshield with her umbrella, ran around town in short skirts without underwear, lost custody of her kids, etc?

I really don't know much about Lohan's type, although Britney I think is ESFP.
    Oh, yeah.. forgot about that.

EDIT: The real lesson here is to never become a Disney child mega star.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i don't know if britney has gotten her act together as much as she's been drugged into submission.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    EDIT: The real lesson here is to never become a Disney child mega star.
    Mission accomplished.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

This is why it's better to be INFJ (or whatever Miranda Cosgrove is). The internal structure helps you resist the crazy wild excesses of a success entertainment career as a child.

ESFP could play a factor in this. Basically you're taking an Se approach to life ("dive in, experience it all, isn't life good?"), coupling it with internalized personal values (Fi), and then giving that teenager who has potentially not yet matured with zillions of possibilities due to their financial success. There are no restraints. We've tried to keep boundaries on our own ESFP kid for his own benefit, and he's still very resistant to them and tends to take the path of least resistance + most gratification. ESFPs at a younger age, until they develop a core, seem to need the boundaries imposed from without, yet these kinds of scenarios basically pull out all the stops and have no boundaries whatsoever.

There's also a constant "bath" of sensation and experience going on -- people contacting them, lots of public attention, etc -- it's like an over-stimulation problem, contributing to ADD style behavior where there's no space to get quiet and grounded.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    I was just thinking that Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears are both (most likely) ESFPs but while Britney has gotten her act together Lindsay Lohan still seems to go down the rabbit hole towards a drug-induced early demise a la Amy Winehouse. What made the difference for Britney, why could she sort herself out while there seems no end in sight for Lohan's troubles?

Also what is it about ESFPs that can make them act out so outrageously and send them so spectacularly down a spiral of destruction? Living in the moment and not thinking about consequences? Relying too much on feelings and outside approval?
    Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan and Amy Winehouse are all Sx/So on the enneagram, that is what makes them ultra-addictive and autodestructive. They don't have the same MBTI type. Britney Spears is an ESFP, Lindsay Lohan an ESFJ (as I explain here http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1618087) and Amy Winehouse is an ESTP (as it is shown here http://www.celebritytypes.com/popularculture/index.htm).

Britney S is a 3w2 Sx/So, positive and dazzling, identifies with what she does but fails trying to please evrybody. Still, she is always able to send goals and work until the project is over. Lindsay L and Amy W are both 6w7 Sx/So. Lindsay used to be a phobic 6w7, compliant and consumate girl next door, then, counterphobic ,she is a fiery redhead but has struggles with autorities and auto-sabotage, difficulties to finish projects. Amy Winehouse was a daddy girl who alternated between being fiesty and audacious and flippant, scared and dependant.

But the big common issue between them is their unhealthy Sx/So quality.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

ESFP could play a factor in this. Basically you're taking an Se approach to life ("dive in, experience it all, isn't life good?"), coupling it with internalized personal values (Fi), and then giving that teenager who has potentially not yet matured with zillions of possibilities due to their financial success. There are no restraints.
    I guess that's the crux, just like a primary Ni user could get lost in their own mind a primary Se user might get completely lost within the outside world. To me it's just so foreign being that kind of person who needs parental control since I was a kid that was more likely to live in her own head instead of going crazy like an ESFP.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Lindsay Lohan an ESFJ
    That would be surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    I guess that's the crux, just like a primary Ni user could get lost in their own mind a primary Se user might get completely lost within the outside world.
    Good way to describe it. The pattern is the same, it is the specific that is different ... and yes, the ESPs can be swallowed by external reality and lose their core sense of self and their ability to separate from the outer world.

To me it's just so foreign being that kind of person who needs parental control since I was a kid that was more likely to live in her own head instead of going crazy like an ESFP.
    Gotta tell you, dealing with my son aged me tremendously... lol. I still don't understand how he can live the way he does, especially when it results in so much chaos, or why he has so much trouble accepting any level of boundary on his moment-by-moment choices even when it is obviously in his best interest. "Restraint" is an incomprehensible word.