• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and Doctor Who characters

Rosie Drew

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't think Ten was an Fi-user at all. None of them seem to be. The Doctor's values are much more Fe-ish in my view, he is whimsical and analytical much of the time and it is only in interpersonal situations requiring resolution does he seem to give a shit. He doesn't care about his future, himself or his companions seemingly about 90% of the time. Nor does he really care about the mess he is undoubtedly creating up and down the timeline - he only cares when someone or something occurs which will evidently put others at very clear risk. An example I would use would be the End of Time - It was made clear that the Time Lock would disintegrate and the weight of the Time War would cause the destruction of the universe. However his species would be allowed to survive via a process of ascension (and more than likely the Doctor himself). Ten stopped the process without any hesitation and without any later reflection or second guessing. The Time Lords were going to destroy all life and the Doctor saw it rational to stop them.

An ENFP would not approach such a situation in the same way. They would constantly remember that they are the last of their species - whilst they could be accepting on one side or bitter on the other this truth would sit central in their minds. They would either be working to a) bring back their species b) allow others to benefit from the countless eons of accumulated Gallifreyan knowledge and technology which is otherwise completely lost or c) drifting about and losing themselves in a number of tasks so they don't have to sit and think about their predicament. If your species came back the Fi (if it valued the above in any capacity at all) would realise the conflict - they can return, ascend and perhaps then rebuild the universe after they have done or be allowed to be killed and you be back to square one. Whether both options are good or both are bad they would only act quickly out of impulse and then ruminate about it afterwards.

I believe he is a ENTP now but just to point this out.
Sure he doesn't dwell on it because well he is a time-lord... but there are many times when he did many...
personally as a ENFP my race being dead would bother me but me being the only one left wouldn't bother
me... I still would be able to socialize with humans who are similar e.c.t but yes I would try to to save my species not to mention my ne wouldn't be very impulsive in that situation.

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
**Unrelated to the Tenth Doctor discussion we were having**

I find it interesting that the only Doctor that is typed as an xSTP at all is the 3rd, whom I've heard described as the "action hero", the "dapper gentleman" and even once the "Bond like Doctor".

It's interesting to me since James Bond is known to be a total ESTP (at least the early takes on the character)

Do you guys think the 3rd Doctor's Bond ish, STP qualities had anything to do with the Bond Craze of the mid to late 60s? Number 3 showed up in 1970, I believe. Just in time.

Shudder

MBTI Type
INTJ
**Unrelated to the Tenth Doctor discussion we were having**

I find it interesting that the only Doctor that is typed as an xSTP at all is the 3rd, whom I've heard described as the "action hero", the "dapper gentleman" and even once the "Bond like Doctor".

It's interesting to me since James Bond is known to be a total ESTP (at least the early takes on the character)

Do you guys think the 3rd Doctor's Bond ish, STP qualities had anything to do with the Bond Craze of the mid to late 60s? Number 3 showed up in 1970, I believe. Just in time.

I bet you could be right about that. i see the correlation.

So nobody has tried to type the 12th Doctor yet?? surely 30 seconds of screentime and 2 or 3 lines of dialogue is enough to go on ;)

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I believe he is a ENTP now but just to point this out.
Sure he doesn't dwell on it because well he is a time-lord... but there are many times when he did many...
personally as a ENFP my race being dead would bother me but me being the only one left wouldn't bother
me... I still would be able to socialize with humans who are similar e.c.t but yes I would try to to save my species not to mention my ne wouldn't be very impulsive in that situation.

I would save one the females and court her. I could have the best of both worlds.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
What type is the 12th doctor?

He seems fairly J since he has a pretty decent law for dealing with people:

crumbs

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Reviving! :D

I would say that 11 is an ENTP who looks like an ENFP on a surface level. When it boils down to it, he's supposed to be ENTP, but I think that because of Matt Smith's personality (which I think is most likely ENFP) and the fact that Moffat writes specifically for him, it tends to get mixed around.

I agree with an earlier post, 10 is balanced T and F. ENxP of some sort, definitely, and a very mature one.

Amy - I can see ENFP and maybe even ESFP, but I'm actually leaning towards ESTP, to be honest. Seems more Se than Ne to me, and not a majorly feely person, although she can be sporadically Fi-ish sometimes.

Rory - stereotypical ISFJ

Clara - ENFJ or possibly ENFP

Donna - ESxJ

Rose - my initial thought was ESFJ, but to be honest, I haven't watched much of 10 beyond Donna. ISFP? Or maybe I'm just confusing her with Billie's personality...

River - ENTJ

Jack - ESTP

Martha - I know next to nothing about her, but maybe INFP? I really have no clue. Haven't watched enough of her yet.

Don't know too much about 9 either, but I'd agree with him being an INTx, or at least a very seriously scarred ENTx of some sort.

olivetti

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Reviving...

So, how 'bout that 12th doctor, now that we've seen a bit more of him?

olivetti

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTJ perhaps?

Too early to say, I think. :)

You're probably right; I think he leans towards the NT spectrum for sure, but we'll have to keep a casual watch on his cagey ways. I like him, TBH. I started with the 4th doctor and enjoyed some of the more crotchety ones. So it's a throwback to those eras for me.

Amalie Muller

MBTI Type
ENTP
You're probably right; I think he leans towards the NT spectrum for sure, but we'll have to keep a casual watch on his cagey ways. I like him, TBH. I started with the 4th doctor and enjoyed some of the more crotchety ones. So it's a throwback to those eras for me.

This actor has played a few INTJ roles in the past -- it seems to be his specialty haha. So I'm just assuming it'll turn out the same with the Doctor. :)

Based on his previous work, I rate him as one of the most talented actors ever to play the Doctor.

olivetti

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This actor has played a few INTJ roles in the past -- it seems to be his specialty haha. So I'm just assuming it'll turn out the same with the Doctor. :)

Based on his previous work, I rate him as one of the most talented actors ever to play the Doctor.

Agreed; I'm looking forward to the nuances Capaldi will bring to the role - it should be fun. :D

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My big question here is does The Doctor ever really change type? He is always The Doctor. I don't know how well this works with the old generation incarnations, but 9, 10 and 11 all seem extraverted intuitive with balanced thinking/feeling to me.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
9th istp 5w6, not really very N
10th entp 7w6 so/sx
11th enfj 3w4 so/sx, my favorite
12th enfp

amy enfp 7w8 so/sx (and maybe my all-time favorite female character of any show ever)
river entp 7w6 sx/so
jack isfj 2w1 sx (so annoying)
rose estp 7w8 sx/so
martha esfj 3w2
donna estj 1w2? (don't really know)
clara estp 3w4 so/sx
rory esfj? (character acts more meek and introverted, but i don't think it makes sense to type characters rather than actors/actresses)

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
jack isfj 2w1 sx

Wait, Jack as in Captain Jack Harkness?
He seemed very ESxP (probably T) to me, and the opposite of the stereotypical SJ.
Also I think Clara is more of a judger, but I'm not sure.

Etrielle

I agree, an INTJ for our new Doctor. My husband is an INTJ and the 12th/13th/Peter Doctor is very similar to him.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I agree, an INTJ for our new Doctor. My husband is an INTJ and the 12th/13th/Peter Doctor is very similar to him.

Interesting as The Doctor is usually seen as ENTP and the other significant role I know Capaldi for is Malcolm Tucker (another form of ENTP), but I do agree with the current Doctor being INTJ, definitely introverted this time.

synesthesia-

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
I get a strong E vibe from Amy. I truly feel her as an ENFP!

Kas

Fabula rasa
Doctor 9 ENTP (I think he wasn't really introvert, it seems like it was his reaction to the grief...)
Doctor 10 ENTP
Doctor 11 ENTP
Doctor 12 INTJ
Rose ESFP
Rory totally ISFJ
Jack ESTP
Clara ENFJ
The Master INTJ

The ones I'm not sure of
Amelia ENFP (although sometimes I think of her as a INFP)
Donna ESFJ
Martha- Hmm She seems to be examining how everything works first(Ti?) and be sensing in some nostalgic way. Cares about people feelings. Is mediator in her family. I can't type her. What do you think? There were few opinions about her type.