• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and Doctor Who characters

Standuble

Probably because he was the least extroverted of the three recent doctors, and he also seemed the most troubled. I think he was probably just an ENTP suffering PTSD.

I would agree with that assessment.

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tennant's Doctor an ENFP? Please. I'd say he was the most ENTP doctor of the new series. Smith's Doctor is definitely more Fi than Tennant's. I mean, c'mon. The close levels of Ti/Fe were so obvious with #10. Not to say #10 didn't have his Fi moments, because he did, and sure, they were all clustered towards the end of his run, but regardless, anytime he did have them you could tell that it was out of the ordinary for him (like it would be for any ENTP). On the flip side, 11 is always yelling and kicking and screaming. If he is an ENTP, he's a very out of the ordinary one.

Shudder

MBTI Type
INTJ
I still don't see how so many people believe #10 is ENFP. He radiates sooo much Fe. He seems like a really T/F balanced ENTP to me.

To anyone who believes #10 is ENFP, how do you rationalize that claim? I'm just curious to see another perspective. Maybe I'm missing something.

Shudder

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'd still like to hear how so many people see the Tenth as an NeFi instead of an NeTi with huge amounts of Fe.

maticm8

MBTI Type
INFJ
I disagree with the 3rd Doctor being classified as an ISTP

1st Doctor INTJ
2nd Doctor ENFP
3rd Doctor ISTP
4th Doctor INTJ
5th Doctor ENTP
6th Doctor ENTJ
7th Doctor INTJ
8th Doctor INFJ
9th Doctor INTJ and Rose Tyler ESFP
10th Doctor ENTP and Donna Noble ESFJ
11th Doctor ENFP, Amy Pond INFP and Rory Williams ISFP
The Master INTJ
Cyber men INTJ
Darlek ESTJ
River Song INTP
Jack Harkness ESTP and Gwen INFJ
Sarah Jane INFJ

Ti is the obvious dominant function in the 3rd doctor but I do not believe Se is his auxiliary.
He comes up with many imaginative plots and develops ideas on how to make many extremely useful contraptions,
ideas which he later perfects through his use of Ti.
Ses are seen as realistically minded whereas this Doctor is definitely more idealistic and speaks of many abstract philosophical matters.
In general the Doctor is a philosophical Timelord who understands the abstraction of how the universe functions and therefore I don't think the Doctor can be a sensory at all.
This Doctor is even caught mocking those who do not have sparking imaginations.

Shudder

MBTI Type
INTJ
So....how about that 30 second scene at the end of the Christmas special that introduced us to Doctor #12? Pretty cool stuff. I'm gonna go ahead and call it: he's gonna be either a less goofy, more sardonic ENTP, or a total mastermind INTJ. All i know is somebody with that intense of a stare can't be an INTP/INFP/ENFP, that's for sure.

(I know Im totally just generalizing, by the way. haha)

Rosie Drew

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My thoughts.
Though these are not popular opinions I believe these are correct.

the 11th I think he has a I and a j. He is not at all very ENFP like.
I cant see him as a INTJ so he is probably a feeler.
10th I can see as a ENFP I think why other can't see him that way is because of stereotypes... or something.
9th. I can see him as ISTJ though it could actually be something else with him.

Rose ESFP.
Martha. I can think of her as a. ESTJ/INFJ.
Rory.=INTP? INTJ... ISTP? ISFJ/ISFP?
Clara= ENTP though original Clara might be ENFP.
Mickey=ISFP?/ ISFJ
Donna= ENFJ
Amy= As a kid ENFP maybe... now ENTP.. though I think I see a j.
though she could also be INFP.
River= ENTJ
Jackie= ESFJ/ ENFJ.
Jack= ESFJ/ ESFP

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My thoughts.
Though these are not popular opinions I believe these are correct.

the 11th I think he has a I and a j. He is not at all very ENFP like.
I cant see him as a INTJ so he is probably a feeler.
10th I can see as a ENFP I think why other can't see him that way is because of stereotypes... or something.
9th. I can see him as ISTJ though it could actually be something else with him.

Rose ESFP.
Martha. I can think of her as a. ESTJ/INFJ.
Rory.=INTP? INTJ... ISTP? ISFJ/ISFP?
Clara= ENTP though original Clara might be ENFP.
Mickey=ISFP?/ ISFJ
Donna= ENFJ
Amy= As a kid ENFP maybe... now ENTP.. though I think I see a j.
though she could also be INFP.
River= ENTJ
Jackie= ESFJ/ ENFJ.
Jack= ESFJ/ ESFP

I definitely agree with you that the 11th comes off as a feeler.

I'm not seeing the 10th as ENTP because of stereotypes. More because of functions. Ne is a definite with him, so it comes down to whether he's Ti (ENTP) or Fi (ENFP). Well, the next easy thing to see is he definitely has a TON of Fe, which naturally is the flipside of Ti. So to me, the only logical thing is that he's Ne, Ti/Fe, Si. If you look at his functions, there's no way he could be ENFP. Fe is just too big a part of his personality. Thus ENTP is the only logical answer, function wise. And even when going by stereotypes, an ENFP generally tries to avoid conflict/debates, where as ENTPs really get into it and thrive on that kind of interaction. When did 10 EVER try to steer clear of an argument?
For real though, for anybody that ever doubts the 10th Doctor's ENTP-ness, watch the episode 'Midnight'. CONSTANT Ne and Fe. And if you wonder why his Ti doesn't seem more dominant, keep mind there's probably a lot more going on than meets the eye. It is introverted, after all.

Also, the 9th comes off as an intuitive of some type, also. Honestly, the only Doctor that seems like a sensor to me is the 3rd.

Captain Jack (while on Doctor Who) seemed like a definite ESTP to me, though ESFP seems doable, too.

Rosie Drew

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I definitely agree with you that the 11th comes off as a feeler.

I'm not seeing the 10th as ENTP because of stereotypes. More because of functions. Ne is a definite with him, so it comes down to whether he's Ti (ENTP) or Fi (ENFP). Well, the next easy thing to see is he definitely has a TON of Fe, which naturally is the flipside of Ti. So to me, the only logical thing is that he'ss personality. Thus ENTP is the only logical answer, function wise. And even when going by stereotypes, an ENFP generally tries to avoid conflict/debates, where as ENTPs really get into it and thrive on that kind of interaction. When did 10 EVER try to steer clear of an argument?
For real though, for anybody that ever doubts the 10th Doctor's ENTP-ness, Ne, Ti/Fe, Si. If you look at his functions, there's no way he could be ENFP. Fe is just too big a part of hi watch the episode 'Midnight'. CONSTANT Ne and Fe. And if you wonder why his Ti doesn't seem more dominant, keep mind there's probably a lot more going on than meets the eye. It is introverted, after all.

Also, the 9th comes off as an intuitive of some type, also. Honestly, the only Doctor that seems like a sensor to me is the 3rd.

Captain Jack (while on Doctor Who) seemed like a definite ESTP to me, though ESFP seems doable, too.

I actually think most of his emotions were more fi related... he kept thinking about himself but then thinking about everyone e.c.t there is so much fi there actually from the beginning.
He never steered clear of a argument but when did he ever enjoy it?
I guess midnight was very fe like though he seemed to be focusing on the mood more then his overal feelings... but in other cases it seems more fi but I can also see him as a ENTP its just he is sort of a major feeler...

As for Jack he could be ESTP as-well, actually I see that.

I do not actually see any intuition at all in the 9th doctor. But I might have missed something.

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually think most of his emotions were more fi related... he kept thinking about himself but then thinking about everyone e.c.t there is so much fi there actually from the beginning.
He never steered clear of a argument but when did he ever enjoy it?
I guess midnight was very fe like though he seemed to be focusing on the mood more then his overal feelings... but in other cases it seems more fi but I can also see him as a ENTP its just he is sort of a major feeler...

As for Jack he could be ESTP as-well, actually I see that.

I do not actually see any intuition at all in the 9th doctor. But I might have missed something.

Oh I'm not denying the 10th had his fair share of Fi moments, but for the most part he seemed to run on the ENTP Ne(Ti)Fe Trifecta. I can't think of many long-winded arguments he had, but he LOVED proving he was right and pushing his logic on everything. If someone disagreed with him, he would very quickly (like in the span of 15 ish seconds) find inconsistencies, pick apart their logic, and assert his own. Pure Ti.

I honestly think the writing became a bit uneven and inconsistent in Ten's later season(s). Like in the first two to three seasons he had a lot less Fi centric moments than in his last run. Remember when he destroyed the Racnoss Empress' children in his second Christmas special? He gave her one (quick) chance to leave and then, without a moment's hesitation, drowned her babies. And just stood there watching with this cold look on his face haha. Donna was even like "Uhhh...you can stop now." I'd say that's easily Ti over Fi. At the same time though, I can't see the 10th Doctor from his last five or so episodes doing something like that. That's why I chalk it up to uneven writing. His dominating Fi side just kinda showed up out of nowhere, where as early on it was just sprinkled in here and there but clearly not one of his main functions.

Rosie Drew

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh I'm not denying the 10th had his fair share of Fi moments, but for the most part he seemed to run on the ENTP Ne(Ti)Fe Trifecta. I can't think of many long-winded arguments he had, but he LOVED proving he was right and pushing his logic on everything. If someone disagreed with him, he would very quickly (like in the span of 15 ish seconds) find inconsistencies, pick apart their logic, and assert his own. Pure Ti.

I honestly think the writing became a bit uneven and inconsistent in Ten's later season(s). Like in the first two to three seasons he had a lot less Fi centric moments than in his last run. Remember when he destroyed the Racnoss Empress' children in his second Christmas special? He gave her one (quick) chance to leave and then, without a moment's hesitation, drowned her babies. And just stood there watching with this cold look on his face haha. Donna was even like "Uhhh...you can stop now." I'd say that's easily Ti over Fi. At the same time though, I can't see the 10th Doctor from his last five or so episodes doing something like that. That's why I chalk it up to uneven writing. His dominating Fi side just kinda showed up out of nowhere, where as early on it was just sprinkled in here and there but clearly not one of his main functions.

Yes but my understanding of fi is well.
fi can be violated fi can do just as many un-emotional things fi can drown spider baby's because fi is sometimes selfish it cares about its self and how it feels more then it cares about others... meaning fi can drown spider baby if the tenth is suffering from being alone without Rose and has a quick peel of timelord rage...

But yes I think he might be ENTP now I just really suggested other wise because ten always reminded me of some part of me compared to other show characters not to mention how emotional he is...

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes but my understanding of fi is well.
fi can be violated fi can do just as many un-emotional things fi can drown spider baby's because fi is sometimes selfish it cares about its self and how it feels more then it cares about others... meaning fi can drown spider baby if the tenth is suffering from being alone without Rose and has a quick peel of timelord rage...

But yes I think he might be ENTP now I just really suggested other wise because ten always reminded me of some part of me compared to other show characters not to mention how emotional he is...

Oh yeah, I can totally agree that an Fi Dom could drown spider babies in a selfish fit of rage, but the way he did it wasn't really based on emotion at all. he gave her a chance to leave, she didn't, then he said "Well, you did this to yourself.." and drowned them. It wasn't an emotional outburst, it was him making a cold, logic based decision. To quote The Godfather (for no real reason other than I like The Godfather and it somewhat pertains to my point): "It's not personal, Sonny. It's strictly business."

But yeah, Ten definitely has his ENFP moments as well. It's particularly noticeable in his last stretch of episodes. I'm surprised you don't see the ENFP-ish-ness in 11 though! Maybe it's just me, but he definitely reminds me of the two ENFPs I know. He's so animated and giddy.

Rosie Drew

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh yeah, I can totally agree that an Fi Dom could drown spider babies in a selfish fit of rage, but the way he did it wasn't really based on emotion at all. he gave her a chance to leave, she didn't, then he said "Well, you did this to yourself.." and drowned them. It wasn't an emotional outburst, it was him making a cold, logic based decision. To quote The Godfather (for no real reason other than I like The Godfather and it somewhat pertains to my point): "It's not personal, Sonny. It's strictly business."

But yeah, Ten definitely has his ENFP moments as well. It's particularly noticeable in his last stretch of episodes. I'm surprised you don't see the ENFP-ish-ness in 11 though! Maybe it's just me, but he definitely reminds me of the two ENFPs I know. He's so animated and giddy.

True. Giggle 11 never-made me think ENFP plus I like 11 but only with a fez. I don't know about him being ENFP though. It always bothered me when he first came that when things happened as emotional as he sometimes he seemed to not care much about people dying e.c.t. Though he was probably a ENFP... I would guess he has a extremely weird enneagram type.

Standuble

I don't think Ten was an Fi-user at all. None of them seem to be. The Doctor's values are much more Fe-ish in my view, he is whimsical and analytical much of the time and it is only in interpersonal situations requiring resolution does he seem to give a shit. He doesn't care about his future, himself or his companions seemingly about 90% of the time. Nor does he really care about the mess he is undoubtedly creating up and down the timeline - he only cares when someone or something occurs which will evidently put others at very clear risk. An example I would use would be the End of Time - It was made clear that the Time Lock would disintegrate and the weight of the Time War would cause the destruction of the universe. However his species would be allowed to survive via a process of ascension (and more than likely the Doctor himself). Ten stopped the process without any hesitation and without any later reflection or second guessing. The Time Lords were going to destroy all life and the Doctor saw it rational to stop them.

An ENFP would not approach such a situation in the same way. They would constantly remember that they are the last of their species - whilst they could be accepting on one side or bitter on the other this truth would sit central in their minds. They would either be working to a) bring back their species b) allow others to benefit from the countless eons of accumulated Gallifreyan knowledge and technology which is otherwise completely lost or c) drifting about and losing themselves in a number of tasks so they don't have to sit and think about their predicament. If your species came back the Fi (if it valued the above in any capacity at all) would realise the conflict - they can return, ascend and perhaps then rebuild the universe after they have done or be allowed to be killed and you be back to square one. Whether both options are good or both are bad they would only act quickly out of impulse and then ruminate about it afterwards.

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
True. Giggle 11 never-made me think ENFP plus I like 11 but only with a fez. I don't know about him being ENFP though. It always bothered me when he first came that when things happened as emotional as he sometimes he seemed to not care much about people dying e.c.t. Though he was probably a ENFP... I would guess he has a extremely weird enneagram type.

Yeah that's true. To be honest, out of the new series Doctors, 11 is the one I know the least about. I've only seen a handful of his episodes. On a superficial, top layer level he appears ENFP to me.

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think Ten was an Fi-user at all. None of them seem to be. The Doctor's values are much more Fe-ish in my view, he is whimsical and analytical much of the time and it is only in interpersonal situations requiring resolution does he seem to give a shit. He doesn't care about his future, himself or his companions seemingly about 90% of the time. Nor does he really care about the mess he is undoubtedly creating up and down the timeline - he only cares when someone or something occurs which will evidently put others at very clear risk. An example I would use would be the End of Time - It was made clear that the Time Lock would disintegrate and the weight of the Time War would cause the destruction of the universe. However his species would be allowed to survive via a process of ascension (and more than likely the Doctor himself). Ten stopped the process without any hesitation and without any later reflection or second guessing. The Time Lords were going to destroy all life and the Doctor saw it rational to stop them.

An ENFP would not approach such a situation in the same way. They would constantly remember that they are the last of their species - whilst they could be accepting on one side or bitter on the other this truth would sit central in their minds. They would either be working to a) bring back their species b) allow others to benefit from the countless eons of accumulated Gallifreyan knowledge and technology which is otherwise completely lost or c) drifting about and losing themselves in a number of tasks. If your species came back the Fi (if it valued the above in any capacity at all) would realise the conflict - they can return, ascend and perhaps then rebuild the universe after they have done or be allowed to be killed and you be back to square one. Whether both options are good or both are bad they would only act quickly out of impulse and then ruminate about it afterwards.

Yeah I have to agree. It's very hard for me to understand how so many feel the Tenth is Fi/Te over Ti/Fe. His Fe is so pronounced, so much of the time.

Standuble

Yeah I have to agree. It's very hard for me to understand how so many feel the Tenth is Fi/Te over Ti/Fe. His Fe is so pronounced, so much of the time.

I'm pretty sure all the Doctors are ENTP - at least everyone past Paul Mcgann's Doctor (I don't recall the movie at all and never watched the original series).

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ti is the obvious dominant function in the 3rd doctor but I do not believe Se is his auxiliary.
He comes up with many imaginative plots and develops ideas on how to make many extremely useful contraptions,
ideas which he later perfects through his use of Ti.
Ses are seen as realistically minded whereas this Doctor is definitely more idealistic and speaks of many abstract philosophical matters.
In general the Doctor is a philosophical Timelord who understands the abstraction of how the universe functions and therefore I don't think the Doctor can be a sensory at all.
This Doctor is even caught mocking those who do not have sparking imaginations.

Agreed.

Rosie Drew

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah that's true. To be honest, out of the new series Doctors, 11 is the one I know the least about. I've only seen a handful of his episodes. On a superficial, top layer level he appears ENFP to me.

Oh, with me I have watched all his episodes except that last one and well I have no idea what his functions are. Especially because while ten had issues with rage from the time war and 9 had issues with the time war and pstd. 11 seems like he has issues with in reality being quite old and being darker.