• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and Doctor Who characters

Camelotlord

MBTI Type
INTJ
1st Doctor INTJ
2nd Doctor ENFP
3rd Doctor ISTP
4th Doctor INTJ
5th Doctor ENTP
6th Doctor ENTJ
7th Doctor INTJ
8th Doctor INFJ
9th Doctor INTJ and Rose Tyler ESFP
10th Doctor ENTP and Donna Noble ESFJ
11th Doctor ENFP, Amy Pond INFP and Rory Williams ISFP
The Master INTJ
Cyber men INTJ
Darlek ESTJ
River Song INTP
Jack Harkness ESTP and Gwen INFJ
Sarah Jane INFJ

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I watch Doctor Who. :D I'm not very good at typing people, but I do agree with you on Rose being an ESFP. Rory strikes me as an ISFP as well and Amy seems like an INFP. The Master is definitely an INTJ.

I

Infinite Bubble

Some of my thoughts:

9th - INFP
10th - ENFP
11th - ENTP
Martha - INTP

Also, I don't think River is INTP but not sure which type to suggest.

dancingqueen16

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
9th Doctor - INTP
10th Doctor - INxP
11th Doctor -

Amy's a clear INFP (Enneagram 6?) but with severe psychological issues (and she's also more balsy than most INFPs, and she was ESTJ, the shadow, in that episode where she grows 36 years... I think). Rory seems ISFJ but how he waited for Amy for 2000 years is very Fi, so I can see ISFP.

Rose is an ESFP with certain Ne moments (but I do believe her Se is more developped), Donna is a clear ENFJ, Clara is an ENxP...

swars

I've seen articles in magazines (Quality Seconds...and DWB's tribute to Troughton) that pin Doctors 2 and 5 down as introverts. And the external personality similarities between Doctors 2 and 7 get noted, except 7 is far more behind-the-scenes manipulative than 2. 7 plots ahead more. 2 has less control of his TARDIS. Troughton's Doctor occasionally goes almost unnoticed at times, sneaking around (sometimes in disguise) or deliberately stays in the background, spending more time listening and totting things up but takes charge/influences when needed.

I have watched (or listened to in the case of over 100 Hartnell/Troughton episodes) every televised episode of Doctor Who. I'm slowly catching up with the Big Finish Doctor Who audio adventures starring Doctors 4-8.

Standuble

I thought the Doctors were consistently ENTP?

I agree with an ESFP typing for Rose.

I think Donna is an ESFJ.

Martha I am unsure about however I am tempted to type her as an INFJ. She masterfully dealt with the Family of Blood and Year that Never Was crises on her own with no guidance from the Doctor in either case. Must have taken some wisdom.

Jack seemed ESTP to me. He was willingly buried alive underground for almost 1900 years because he allowed his brother to be abducted and tortured. Seems tertiary or inferior Fe to me.

I am not seeing INFP for Amy. Could anyone enlighten me? I admittedly did not pay the Moffat era the same attention.

Rory seems ISFJ to me. IIRC he was told to wait 2000 years and didn't wait for his own reasons.

The Master was an ENTJ in my book.

I have no idea what Clara's type is but I assume it's the same as Amy's (Moffat doesn't seem big on characterisation IMO.)

swars

Steven Moffat (current Doctor Who showrunner) did an interview for Doctor Who Magazine where he mentioned that Tom Baker's performance was a "look at me!" sort and David Tennant gave a bravura performance but described Matt Smith's performance as being closer to Patrick Troughton's. He said that Troughton appears to say "don't look at me"...which automatically draws your attention to him, where he doesn't have to be front and centre to attract the attention and uses more quiet moments or stands at the back, until it is time to take charge.

The Seventh Doctor uses a filing cabinet.

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with the first post with the ninth doctor being an INTJ.

DrExcelsior

MBTI Type
ENTP
4th Doctor ENTP also.

I'd say Tom Baker's doctor is very definitely ENTP. His distance and abstractness / aloofness can suggest I, but really he's very gregarious and chatty and he is aloof when caught up in abstract thought. He constantly links ideas and loves dressing up - one of the few Doctors who varies his costume. His pockets are always full of cr*p, including toys. He loves surreal jokes and can be sarcastic.

Sunny Ghost

I agree Rory is an ISFx. Easily could be ISFJ, too. Can't decide.

Everything else looks right.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Clara's likely ENFJ.

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
9th Doctor INTJ
Rose ESFP
10th Doctor ENTP
Donna Noble ESFJ
11th Doctor ENFP,
Amy ISFP
Rory ISFx
The Master ENTJ
Jack Harkness ESxP
Sarah Jane INFJ
Clara ENFJ
Martha INFP

Shudder

MBTI Type
INTJ
9th Doctor INTJ
Rose ESFP
10th Doctor ENTP
Donna Noble ESFJ
11th Doctor ENFP,
Amy ISFP
Rory ISFx
The Master ENTJ
Jack Harkness ESxP
Sarah Jane INFJ
Clara ENFJ
Martha INFP

Exactly! I notice so many people say the 10th is the ENFP and the 11th is the ENTP, but I've always felt that should be flipped. The 10th might've had some emotional moments, but overall he seems to be a very rational, NT kind of person. The 11th, on the other hand, seems to care a lot about other's opinions of himself (he's constantly saying "*thing that I do/wear* is cool! Really!") and he seems to have emotional outbursts frequently.

I'm not totally against the idea that 11th is ENTP, but he's definitely more ENFP than 10. 10 is a total ENTP, and a pretty good example of a well balanced T/F ENTP.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The ninth Doctor as INTJ is out of left field to me, and I would like to hear the rationale for it. To me, he had the clearest Ne energy of them all, but I would be tickled pink to be proven wrong on this one. He was my favorite Doctor by far despite his season letting him down.

As well, I support ENFP for Amy and ISFJ for Rory, easily.

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Exactly! I notice so many people say the 10th is the ENFP and the 11th is the ENTP, but I've always felt that should be flipped. The 10th might've had some emotional moments, but overall he seems to be a very rational, NT kind of person. The 11th, on the other hand, seems to care a lot about other's opinions of himself (he's constantly saying "*thing that I do/wear* is cool! Really!") and he seems to have emotional outbursts frequently.

I'm not totally against the idea that 11th is ENTP, but he's definitely more ENFP than 10. 10 is a total ENTP, and a pretty good example of a well balanced T/F ENTP.

Yes! Probably why I can recognize 10 as an ENTP is because my brother is a textbook ENTP and the tenth doctor acts and reacts just. like. him. It's uncanny (aside from the british accent lol).

Standuble

A question: Why is everyone typing nine as an INTJ? What's your reasoning?

I'm a bit wary of an INFP typing for Martha as well. At the end of series 3 she is given extremely vague advice to follow by the Doctor and somehow manages to not only determine his meaning but also pull off the timing without even knowing its context. I would think the Ne of an INFP would make a three word piece of advice into something too wildly interpreted.

Shudder

MBTI Type
INTJ
A question: Why is everyone typing nine as an INTJ? What's your reasoning?

Probably because he was the least extroverted of the three recent doctors, and he also seemed the most troubled. I think he was probably just an ENTP suffering PTSD.