• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI of DragonBall ,DBZ,DBGT

Camelotlord

MBTI Type
INTJ
Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT

List of Characters, If you want to add more :)
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Characters

Eternal Dragon INTJ
Grandpa Gohan INFJ
Goku ESFP
Tao Pai
Emperor Pilaf
General Blue
General White
General Copper
Captain Dark
Colonel Silver
Colonel Violet
Cap Yellow
Android 8 INFP
Andoid 9/Commander Red
Andoid 13
Andoid 14
Andoid 15
Andoid 16 ISFJ
Andoid 17 ISTP
Super Andoid 17
Andoid 18 ISTP
Andoid 19 ISTJ
Andoid20 INTJ
Cell ESTP
Bibidi
Babidi INTP
Dabura INTJ to INFJ
Buu ESFP
Uub ESFP
Krillin ISFP
Dr Brief INTP
Mrs Brief
Bra
Bulma ENTP
Yamcha ISTP
OX King
Chi Chi ESFJ
Goten ESFP
Kid Trunks ISFP
Future Trunks INTP
Vegeta ISTJ
King Vegeta ESTJ
Supreme Kai INTP
King/ North Kai ESFP
Grand Kai ESFP
Elder Kai ISTJ
East Kai
West Kai
South Kai
Tien ISTJ
Chiaotzu ISFP
Piccolo INTJ
King Picolo ENTJ?
Nails ENTJ
Kami INFJ
Mr Popo ESFP?
Guru
Dende ENFP
Parunga INTJ
Frieza ENTJ
Nappa ESTP
Raditz ESTJ
Gohan INFP
Videl ISFP
Hercule ESTP
Pan ISFP
Goku Jr ESTP
Vegeta Jr ISTJ
Vegeta Jr's Mother
Broly ESTP
King Cold
Zarbon
Captain Ginyu
Guldo
Jeice
Recoome
Yajirobe
Master Roshi INTP
Oalong ESFP
Korin
Garlic Jr
Baby/Baby Vegeta
Majin Vegeta
Spopovich/Majin Spopovich
Tapion
Future Gohan
Lord Slug
King Yemma ENTJ
Cooler
Dodoria
Bardock Istj?
Bojack
Ginger
Mustard
Salt
Spice
Vinegar
Pikkon
Arqua
Chapuchai
Olibu
Kibito Kai
Fortuneteller Baba

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Vegeta entj
Android seventeen isfp
Android eighteen istp
Android sixteen istj
Bulma entp weak sife men are all pigs
Trunks infj
Captain Ginyu esfj
Cooler enfj
Chichi estj
Master Roishi intp

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Goku: ENFP(he's was like an ENTP when described as battle genius, or how in ssj3 and ssj4 where he is more cold and less emotionally expressive and growly voiced. Playing mind games. Almost like he went from F to T)
Gohan: INFP(Gohan and his ssj2 mode is the same example like with goku, F to T. much fiercer and cold)
Vegeta: ISTJ(disregards emotion "I was cold and ruthless. Uninhibited by foolish emotion." But Ego being threatened, results in his emotions flooding out)
Bulma: ESTP
Chi-Chi: ESTJ
Dr. Brief: INTP
Supreme Kai: INTP - INFP

Good Buu: ESFP
Super Buu: ISFP - ISTP
Super Gotenks Buu: ENTP
Super Gohan Buu: ESTP
Kid Buu: ESFP(the complete opposite more darker unhealthy side of it than good buu was)
Perfect Cell: ENTP(calm, mind games, snarky and sarcastic yet held social manners and charm, talkative)
Frieza: ENTJ
Cooler: INTJ

Android 17: ISTP
Android 18: INTP - J
Android 16: ISFJ
Pikkon: ISTP-INTP

Hercule: ESFP - ESTP
Videl: ISTP

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Where do you see ne in android 18

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That was a bit of a rash typing for her, perhaps.

I was mainly just thinking of how she comes across as much more reserved and serious than Android 17. Something about there functions just comes across different. Which is more likely for an intj or istj but rarely would she be considered such, as much as an istp. Yet when comparing Android 17 and 18 who are commonly typed as if they are the same type, the way they react to things is very different. He's willing to make a fight last a lot longer or mess around more than she where she wants to get it done quickly and efficiently and can seem short tempered and impatient in that sense. And when she feels insulted she takes it personally as a matter of "principle". Something I haven't seen him ever do, it all revolving around his personal fun and boredom, only.

In summary. I'm questioning if she is really an ISTP or not.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Would it make more sense to say she's intj or isfp.
So how you came to the conclusion of bulma being estp.
I thought about vegeta, would it be possible for him to be enfj instead of tj because i see sone fe in that guy.
I believe piccolo could istj.

Lunar Light

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Goku - ESFP. clear internal value system (Fi), but not dominant. No matter how much everyone else thinks that he should kill some of their enemies, he just can't really bring himself to. He wants to show mercy because that is what's right to him (at least that's how it's portrayed in the English dub...watched quite a bit of the Japanese original and it was a bit different but still). I can't see Ne because I don't see a sort of connection of thoughts, this flow. He seems very clearly Se... focus on the immediate and in a concrete sense. Direct, straightforward.

Vegeta ESTJ, chance of ENTJ. Once I got past the social introversion/extraversion, I was pretty sure Vegeta was ENTJ. He might be reserved, uninterested in interaction, but cognitively he is an extravert in his heavy use of Te. In battles, he's always making logical judgments about his opponents and his next course of action. These are external judgments, outside of himself, and this matches up with his weak Fi. He struggles with himself, doesn't like seeing the moral changes in himself; he sees them as weak and soft, a departure from his more logical self. I could see Ni/Se in some instances, but was surprised to realize after considering Si/Ne that I could see ESTJ too, perhaps even stronger than ENTJ. He often draws upon his past for comparison (his internal, personal experience)... while taking in new objective information to add to that pool. It comes off as aux Si + tert Ne. Not totally sure, but it's what I'd go with.

Will be back later to post more because lazy right now.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
She acts quite similar to an a more blunt and serious intj, I know. Also likes efficiency, and found Android 17's persistence to ride a car around blindly searching for Goku to be illogical and foolish, didn't make sense to her but she isn't as thrill seeking. She also used Vegeta's pride as a weakness in making him angry and more vicious in fighting which resulted in him expending more of his energy and then eliminating him once he was no longer close to her power. Every hit took it's toll, and she exploited it. She was intelligent and fearless, and almost emotionless seeming, yet once had certain triggers (like a really bad day, or getting her bangs cut by trunks' sword yet again, or humans gangs in the filler cutting it) that made her angry with more of an intense glare. Definitely doesn't come across as a feeler with how little she expressing any emotion, the most being a mere smirk.

Android 18: "I don't know why you insist on behaving so foolishly, 17."
Android 17: "What's so foolish about wanting to have a little fun?"

*When Trunks arrived*
Android 18: "Man, how rude. That arrogant punk. That's it. I want him dead. It's a matter of principle."
Android 17: "Sure, I don't mind. Consider it done. But look sis, we'll be blowing off weeks of fun."
Android 18: "I don't care. I've been in a bad mood all day."

Android 17 reasoning with Piccolo*

Android 17: "Why don't you just give up and tell us where Goku is? We have no desire to kill you. It doesn't make sense for you to die out here in the middle of nowhere when we have no interest in killing you. Why don't you just tell us where Goku is, and leave unharmed. It is the only logical thing to do."
Piccolo: "You'll find the people on this planet aren't logical at all. Funny thing is, they've rubbed off on me."

And Android 17 remarking to Vegeta about pride and arrogance. How they will always be superior to saiyans because they aren't blinded by it.

--

-never mind. enfp for her.. she's too emotional sometimes. The T was for her being so tough minded and bold. But feeling might still be dominant. ENFP for Bulma.

-With Vegeta: Yes, but the reason he shares all that temper and emotion and sheer arrogance a lot is do to his Ego. Pushed far enough he can become an emotional mess to protect his pride. It is all easily manipulated around his pride which outweighs the usual dominant T he has. As well as being described as like a genius himself, in his element anyway. But it is anger or rage, he has little else particularly and once he starts to feel for other people, care for them, he becomes disgusted for a time until he eventually accepts it. And of course very sensory based. His obsession with pride and his saiyan past gives enough reason as an SJ.

-Piccolo might fit intj considering he seems to think ahead more as a reserved genius and doesn't do well with social skills that require some sort of emotion or humor. It can seem hard to tell ne to se when it comes to dbz characters because there is very little room for much thinking ahead other than fight, fight, fight.

-And when it came to Trunks' he's been typed as an intp before but the problem with that is he was utterly foolish enough to fight Cell which amped up strength alone and the thought never crossed his mind that he might be too slow. That you need both speed and power. Which is a very basic obvious thing to miss. "Honestly, it was a rather simple concept. Even Vegeta figured it out." - Cell. Trunks even admitted he didn't know how he couldn't see it and how he just plowed ahead angrily, like a stupid child.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
I see as an ne dom, but i would still she might be using ti in order to solve the problem. Her si inferior comes out when she says all men are dirty and rotten
Which seems like negative fe judgments. I would say entp

I believe that vegeta is not an eight, he is like a three with four wing because he felt worthless rather than admitting being scared of control. I kind of see him as an fj.

Gohan would be infj.
I do not think piccolo is an intj, he comes as one, but see him as a si user comparing things to the past, I do not see te a lot. The way I see it is si ti.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
-So we have. INTJ. And ENTP. Only thing is entp's can be more expressive with extroverted feeling and more advanced socially in charms. She is far from such.. unless we count her "charming" her way to the prize money with Hercule. But most often, she does not bother with any social grace nor emotional expressiveness. Mainly to think, and act to get things done. Strong points. Such makes it hard to see the entp in her if so.

-Vegeta has seemed emotional to me, honestly. But when I looked into it deeper I did notice that it seemed to all revolve around his Ego. Otherwise he would not be emotional. Speaking of disregarding emotion, considering it foolish. I have a father who is ESTJ and very similar. Strict, detached, can be structured. Rarely shows weakness, like stress and whatnot. But once his Ego feels threatened or challenged or he is told he is wrong, he loses all rationality in a loss of control and rage. Then afterwards sometimes feels upset for it, but does not admit it. Going back to Vegeta, I can see a lot of this with him to a T.

-Gohan tried to tell Cell to stand down, that he doesn't "have" to continue the senseless slaughter. So on and so forth, as infp's try to find the good in people and are generally idealistic and emotional and sensitive. He also had self recognition problems do to never meeting up with other's standards. Feeling "not good enough" to go super saiyan for example.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Would it make sense to say that gohan would have slightly underdeveloped fi,it is not bad, but it is not healthy

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Goku - ESFP. clear internal value system (Fi), but not dominant. No matter how much everyone else thinks that he should kill some of their enemies, he just can't really bring himself to. He wants to show mercy because that is what's right to him (at least that's how it's portrayed in the English dub...watched quite a bit of the Japanese original and it was a bit different but still). I can't see Ne because I don't see a sort of connection of thoughts, this flow. He seems very clearly Se... focus on the immediate and in a concrete sense. Direct, straightforward.

Vegeta ESTJ, chance of ENTJ. Once I got past the social introversion/extraversion, I was pretty sure Vegeta was ENTJ. He might be reserved, uninterested in interaction, but cognitively he is an extravert in his heavy use of Te. In battles, he's always making logical judgments about his opponents and his next course of action. These are external judgments, outside of himself, and this matches up with his weak Fi. He struggles with himself, doesn't like seeing the moral changes in himself; he sees them as weak and soft, a departure from his more logical self. I could see Ni/Se in some instances, but was surprised to realize after considering Si/Ne that I could see ESTJ too, perhaps even stronger than ENTJ. He often draws upon his past for comparison (his internal, personal experience)... while taking in new objective information to add to that pool. It comes off as aux Si + tert Ne. Not totally sure, but it's what I'd go with.

Will be back later to post more because lazy right now.

-Having Gohan fight Cell with totally calm confidence despite him being tortured in the fight and not even knowing that his son actually hated fighting unlike he, holding back against majin buu to exist despite being stronger than him just so gotenks can have a shot at becoming the protector instead of him, holding back in the fight against kid buu just so vegeta could have his shot. They were fair, some of them logical in a specific ends justifying the means, however he didn't take the immaturity or nature of either of them into account in these decisions. Goku even admits to Beerus that he has pride as well as Vegeta, but doesn't go parading it around like Vegeta seems to. Pride in his power, and showing some cockiness in his ssj3 form in Battle of Gods. He even left his family to go train Uub, which was a bit drastic. Being very little of a family man clearly.

Even if he is more of a "good" person, he is actually more selfish than potrayed rather than merely selfless seeing the good in everyone. His thirst for battle and apparent naivety result in possible consequences of such actions that he does not see.

--

-Toriyama described Goku as he envisioned had intended him to be more Selfish, and not the "Righteous Hero" Toei has portrayed.

"Son Goku from Dragon Ball doesn’t fight for the sake of others, but because he wants to fight against strong guys. So once Dragon Ball got animated, at any rate, I’ve always been dissatisfied with the “righteous hero”-type portrayal they gave him. I guess I couldn’t quite get them to grasp the elements of “poison” that slip in and out of sight among the shadows."- Toriyama

"At any rate, I wanted him to have the sense of being that rare guy who seeks only “to become stronger than before”, so much so that it feels like “there’s no one as pure as this person”. And while he does end up saving everyone as a result of that, he himself at least has a very pure sincerity about “wanting to become stronger”. What I wanted to depict the most was the sense that he might not be a good guy at all, although he does do good things as a result." - Toriyama

So knowing this. If we count the Manga version by Akira. What would he be, I wonder.

---

ISTJ or ESTJ for Vegeta definitely. It is indeed the introversion and extroversion thing that seems more difficult to determine.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Perhaps. But that would depend if we see him as healthy or not, then.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
I was saying that judging the way you presented and it sounds like underdeveloped fi in a way that they should live up to their standards.

Lunar Light

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

So knowing this. If we count the Manga version by Akira. What would he be, I wonder.

Yeah, these are some really good points and I was heavily influenced by what I saw in the English animation :p. I wasn't totally sure of the differences ... even though I did mention that I was aware there were some. I'm still playing around with DBZ and if I see more of it, I might get a better idea. I'm not sure right now after seeing this. I appreciate that Akira didn't want to make Goku a Mary Sue "righteous hero" ahaha and I wasn't aware of some of the things said there. Very interesting!

ISTJ or ESTJ for Vegeta definitely. It is indeed the introversion and extroversion thing that seems more difficult to determine.
Yeah, based on cognitive functions, I'd still argue ESTJ but ISTJ is very possible.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, these are some really good points and I was heavily influenced by what I saw in the English animation :p. I wasn't totally sure of the differences ... even though I did mention that I was aware there were some. I'm still playing around with DBZ and if I see more of it, I might get a better idea. I'm not sure right now after seeing this. I appreciate that Akira didn't want to make Goku a Mary Sue "righteous hero" ahaha and I wasn't aware of some of the things said there. Very interesting!

Yeah, based on cognitive functions, I'd still argue ESTJ but ISTJ is very possible.

Ah! The animation has lots of dialogue alterations I have noticed ,but especially the English dub. "I am the hope of the universe! I am the answers all things that cry out for help!" :thinking: mhmm.. I wonder if Toriyama facepalmed when he saw Goku saying that to Frieza in the series as the Superman'like mary sue good guy potrayal. When the original was "I think you know already! I am a Saiyan. Sent from earth to defeat you. The legendary warrior with a pure heart, awakened by rage." - Sounds quite different

I agree. A Mary Sue "righteous hero" is a bit too black and white for my taste. And glad you found it so! I just think he'd been more interesting if Toei had kept that portrayal up and actually understood it.

Vegeta could be either one, he almost seems contradicting. But I understand your reasoning so I am considering it.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe. Theoretical. Unless you have a good example of when he shown things more like a J than a P? Sounding to me like Gohan could go either way with INFP to INFJ really. He still seems more like an INFP to me, and I haven't seen any examples to refute it.

Doomkid

Based on the anime, I think:

Goku - ESTP (always wanting to fight and do things that involves the senses like eating. Also, in his dialogue with bulma he uses more thinking than feeling, he's somewhat tactless since he was a kid)

Vegeta - ENTJ (conquering things and ideals of being the strongest for the purpose of unhealthy Fi, he is also a narcissist. The reason I think he is intuitive is by his constant frustration when characters fails to realize what is going to happen, usually krillin and goku xD)

Bulma - Ne dominant (bulma is confusing to me cause although she seems Ne dominant and has Fe more than Fi, I don't see her as ENTP...)

Krillin - ESFJ (has more social tact than goku since they were young, sensor because he does take care of things long term but it is more of a "thinking of everyone's needs" coming from Fe/Ti not from intuition)

Master Roshi - ISFJ (introverted almost never leaves that house, extraverted feeling, shown some great deal of intuition sometimes but the fact that he spends most of the day looking at young women's tits and ass, I think hes probably a sensor xD)

Gohan - INFP (I can't think of a more stereotyped INFP than gohan, his unwillingness to train or fight just for the sake of wanting to fight, the over exagerated ties to people that are close to him...but that extraverted feeling damn...maybe INFJ? I'm not sure...that hidden power ...android 16 seems mor Fi dom to me than gohan but..anyway gohan is such a sensitive kid my god :shock:)

Piccolo jr. - INTJ (urelatedness to body, narcissitic tendencies, however he's more chilled out than vegeta, he tends to wait longer and longer periods for something...looks like an Ni thing to me)

Freeza - INTP (yes I think he is probably a Ti dominant, he tends to plan and plan and is very cold and caculated and a obvious psychopath, unhealthy in general...but I swear I saw some inferior Fe in his last moments lol)

Fat Buu - ESFP (not a regular one but I can't think of anything else, more into Fi)

Chi Chi - ESFJ (same as krillin but more out of ballance)

Yajirobe - ISTP (anti social but not very intuitive, I think his undecisiveness is excessive Ti)

Yamcha - ENFJ (idealistic feeler and extraverted)

North Kai - INFJ (introverted, cares for what's gonna happen(Fe), weird sense of humor and storytelling(Ni))

King Yemma - ESTJ (pretty down to earth thinker, no nonsense)

Lunch: Blue - ISFJ
Yellow - ENFP temperamental

Last edited:

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Based on the anime, I think:

Goku - ESTP (always wanting to fight and do things that involves the senses like eating. Also, in his dialogue with bulma he uses more thinking than feeling, he's somewhat tactless since he was a kid)

Vegeta - ENTJ (conquering things and ideals of being the strongest for the purpose of unhealthy Fi, he is also a narcissist. The reason I think he is intuitive is by his constant frustration when characters fails to realize what is going to happen, usually krillin and goku xD)

Bulma - Ne dominant (bulma is confusing to me cause although she seems Ne dominant and has Fe more than Fi, I don't see her as ENTP...)

Krillin - ESFJ (has more social tact than goku since they were young, sensor because he does take care of things long term but it is more of a "thinking of everyone's needs" coming from Fe/Ti not from intuition)

Master Roshi - ISFJ (introverted almost never leaves that house, extraverted feeling, shown some great deal of intuition sometimes but the fact that he spends most of the day looking at young women's tits and ass, I think hes probably a sensor xD)

Gohan - INFP (I can't think of a more stereotyped INFP than gohan, his unwillingness to train or fight just for the sake of wanting to fight, the over exagerated ties to people that are close to him...but that extraverted feeling damn...maybe INFJ? I'm not sure...that hidden power ...android 16 seems mor Fi dom to me than gohan but..anyway gohan is such a sensitive kid my god :shock:)

Piccolo jr. - INTJ (urelatedness to body, narcissitic tendencies, however he's more chilled out than vegeta, he tends to wait longer and longer periods for something...looks like an Ni thing to me)

Freeza - INTP (yes I think he is probably a Ti dominant, he tends to plan and plan and is very cold and caculated and a obvious psychopath, unhealthy in general...but I swear I saw some inferior Fe in his last moments lol)

I'll do some more later

How do you consider freeza intp.

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, you guys are doing a great job on this thread. DBZ was one of my favorite shows as a tween and its nice to see typology justice finally being done here. Keep up the great posting team.

200.gif