User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Would it make sense to say that gohan would have slightly underdeveloped fi,it is not bad, but it is not healthy

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Light View Post
    Goku - ESFP. clear internal value system (Fi), but not dominant. No matter how much everyone else thinks that he should kill some of their enemies, he just can't really bring himself to. He wants to show mercy because that is what's right to him (at least that's how it's portrayed in the English dub...watched quite a bit of the Japanese original and it was a bit different but still). I can't see Ne because I don't see a sort of connection of thoughts, this flow. He seems very clearly Se... focus on the immediate and in a concrete sense. Direct, straightforward.

Vegeta ESTJ, chance of ENTJ. Once I got past the social introversion/extraversion, I was pretty sure Vegeta was ENTJ. He might be reserved, uninterested in interaction, but cognitively he is an extravert in his heavy use of Te. In battles, he's always making logical judgments about his opponents and his next course of action. These are external judgments, outside of himself, and this matches up with his weak Fi. He struggles with himself, doesn't like seeing the moral changes in himself; he sees them as weak and soft, a departure from his more logical self. I could see Ni/Se in some instances, but was surprised to realize after considering Si/Ne that I could see ESTJ too, perhaps even stronger than ENTJ. He often draws upon his past for comparison (his internal, personal experience)... while taking in new objective information to add to that pool. It comes off as aux Si + tert Ne. Not totally sure, but it's what I'd go with.

Will be back later to post more because lazy right now.
    -Having Gohan fight Cell with totally calm confidence despite him being tortured in the fight and not even knowing that his son actually hated fighting unlike he, holding back against majin buu to exist despite being stronger than him just so gotenks can have a shot at becoming the protector instead of him, holding back in the fight against kid buu just so vegeta could have his shot. They were fair, some of them logical in a specific ends justifying the means, however he didn't take the immaturity or nature of either of them into account in these decisions. Goku even admits to Beerus that he has pride as well as Vegeta, but doesn't go parading it around like Vegeta seems to. Pride in his power, and showing some cockiness in his ssj3 form in Battle of Gods. He even left his family to go train Uub, which was a bit drastic. Being very little of a family man clearly.

Even if he is more of a "good" person, he is actually more selfish than potrayed rather than merely selfless seeing the good in everyone. His thirst for battle and apparent naivety result in possible consequences of such actions that he does not see.

--

-Toriyama described Goku as he envisioned had intended him to be more Selfish, and not the "Righteous Hero" Toei has portrayed.

"Son Goku from Dragon Ball doesn’t fight for the sake of others, but because he wants to fight against strong guys. So once Dragon Ball got animated, at any rate, I’ve always been dissatisfied with the “righteous hero”-type portrayal they gave him. I guess I couldn’t quite get them to grasp the elements of “poison” that slip in and out of sight among the shadows."- Toriyama

"At any rate, I wanted him to have the sense of being that rare guy who seeks only “to become stronger than before”, so much so that it feels like “there’s no one as pure as this person”. And while he does end up saving everyone as a result of that, he himself at least has a very pure sincerity about “wanting to become stronger”. What I wanted to depict the most was the sense that he might not be a good guy at all, although he does do good things as a result." - Toriyama

So knowing this. If we count the Manga version by Akira. What would he be, I wonder.

---

ISTJ or ESTJ for Vegeta definitely. It is indeed the introversion and extroversion thing that seems more difficult to determine.
    Likes Xann, Lunar Light liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Perhaps. But that would depend if we see him as healthy or not, then.

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I was saying that judging the way you presented and it sounds like underdeveloped fi in a way that they should live up to their standards.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Krim13 View Post

So knowing this. If we count the Manga version by Akira. What would he be, I wonder.
    Yeah, these are some really good points and I was heavily influenced by what I saw in the English animation :P. I wasn't totally sure of the differences ... even though I did mention that I was aware there were some. I'm still playing around with DBZ and if I see more of it, I might get a better idea. I'm not sure right now after seeing this. I appreciate that Akira didn't want to make Goku a Mary Sue "righteous hero" ahaha and I wasn't aware of some of the things said there. Very interesting!

ISTJ or ESTJ for Vegeta definitely. It is indeed the introversion and extroversion thing that seems more difficult to determine.
    Yeah, based on cognitive functions, I'd still argue ESTJ but ISTJ is very possible.
    Likes Xann liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Light View Post
    Yeah, these are some really good points and I was heavily influenced by what I saw in the English animation :P. I wasn't totally sure of the differences ... even though I did mention that I was aware there were some. I'm still playing around with DBZ and if I see more of it, I might get a better idea. I'm not sure right now after seeing this. I appreciate that Akira didn't want to make Goku a Mary Sue "righteous hero" ahaha and I wasn't aware of some of the things said there. Very interesting!

Yeah, based on cognitive functions, I'd still argue ESTJ but ISTJ is very possible.
    Ah! The animation has lots of dialogue alterations I have noticed ,but especially the English dub. "I am the hope of the universe! I am the answers all things that cry out for help!" mhmm.. I wonder if Toriyama facepalmed when he saw Goku saying that to Frieza in the series as the Superman'like mary sue good guy potrayal. When the original was "I think you know already! I am a Saiyan. Sent from earth to defeat you. The legendary warrior with a pure heart, awakened by rage." - Sounds quite different

I agree. A Mary Sue "righteous hero" is a bit too black and white for my taste. And glad you found it so! I just think he'd been more interesting if Toei had kept that portrayal up and actually understood it.

Vegeta could be either one, he almost seems contradicting. But I understand your reasoning so I am considering it.
    Likes Lunar Light, Xann liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Maybe. Theoretical. Unless you have a good example of when he shown things more like a J than a P? Sounding to me like Gohan could go either way with INFP to INFJ really. He still seems more like an INFP to me, and I haven't seen any examples to refute it.

Based on the anime, I think:

Goku - ESTP (always wanting to fight and do things that involves the senses like eating. Also, in his dialogue with bulma he uses more thinking than feeling, he's somewhat tactless since he was a kid)

Vegeta - ENTJ (conquering things and ideals of being the strongest for the purpose of unhealthy Fi, he is also a narcissist. The reason I think he is intuitive is by his constant frustration when characters fails to realize what is going to happen, usually krillin and goku xD)

Bulma - Ne dominant (bulma is confusing to me cause although she seems Ne dominant and has Fe more than Fi, I don't see her as ENTP...)

Krillin - ESFJ (has more social tact than goku since they were young, sensor because he does take care of things long term but it is more of a "thinking of everyone's needs" coming from Fe/Ti not from intuition)

Master Roshi - ISFJ (introverted almost never leaves that house, extraverted feeling, shown some great deal of intuition sometimes but the fact that he spends most of the day looking at young women's tits and ass, I think hes probably a sensor xD)

Gohan - INFP (I can't think of a more stereotyped INFP than gohan, his unwillingness to train or fight just for the sake of wanting to fight, the over exagerated ties to people that are close to him...but that extraverted feeling damn...maybe INFJ? I'm not sure...that hidden power ...android 16 seems mor Fi dom to me than gohan but..anyway gohan is such a sensitive kid my god )

Piccolo jr. - INTJ (urelatedness to body, narcissitic tendencies, however he's more chilled out than vegeta, he tends to wait longer and longer periods for something...looks like an Ni thing to me)

Freeza - INTP (yes I think he is probably a Ti dominant, he tends to plan and plan and is very cold and caculated and a obvious psychopath, unhealthy in general...but I swear I saw some inferior Fe in his last moments lol)

Fat Buu - ESFP (not a regular one but I can't think of anything else, more into Fi)

Chi Chi - ESFJ (same as krillin but more out of ballance)

Yajirobe - ISTP (anti social but not very intuitive, I think his undecisiveness is excessive Ti)

Yamcha - ENFJ (idealistic feeler and extraverted)

North Kai - INFJ (introverted, cares for what's gonna happen(Fe), weird sense of humor and storytelling(Ni))

King Yemma - ESTJ (pretty down to earth thinker, no nonsense)

Lunch: Blue - ISFJ
    Yellow - ENFP temperamental
    Last edited by Doomkid; 07-08-2015 at 12:24 AM. Reason: adding more
    Likes Xann liked this post

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkid View Post
    Based on the anime, I think:

Goku - ESTP (always wanting to fight and do things that involves the senses like eating. Also, in his dialogue with bulma he uses more thinking than feeling, he's somewhat tactless since he was a kid)

Vegeta - ENTJ (conquering things and ideals of being the strongest for the purpose of unhealthy Fi, he is also a narcissist. The reason I think he is intuitive is by his constant frustration when characters fails to realize what is going to happen, usually krillin and goku xD)

Bulma - Ne dominant (bulma is confusing to me cause although she seems Ne dominant and has Fe more than Fi, I don't see her as ENTP...)

Krillin - ESFJ (has more social tact than goku since they were young, sensor because he does take care of things long term but it is more of a "thinking of everyone's needs" coming from Fe/Ti not from intuition)

Master Roshi - ISFJ (introverted almost never leaves that house, extraverted feeling, shown some great deal of intuition sometimes but the fact that he spends most of the day looking at young women's tits and ass, I think hes probably a sensor xD)

Gohan - INFP (I can't think of a more stereotyped INFP than gohan, his unwillingness to train or fight just for the sake of wanting to fight, the over exagerated ties to people that are close to him...but that extraverted feeling damn...maybe INFJ? I'm not sure...that hidden power ...android 16 seems mor Fi dom to me than gohan but..anyway gohan is such a sensitive kid my god )

Piccolo jr. - INTJ (urelatedness to body, narcissitic tendencies, however he's more chilled out than vegeta, he tends to wait longer and longer periods for something...looks like an Ni thing to me)

Freeza - INTP (yes I think he is probably a Ti dominant, he tends to plan and plan and is very cold and caculated and a obvious psychopath, unhealthy in general...but I swear I saw some inferior Fe in his last moments lol)

I'll do some more later
    How do you consider freeza intp.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Wow, you guys are doing a great job on this thread. DBZ was one of my favorite shows as a tween and its nice to see typology justice finally being done here. Keep up the great posting team.

Likes Lunar Light, Doomkid, Krim13 liked this post