• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Oprah Winfrey

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Meant it for the op. Was being somewhat sarcastic but now that I think about it Oprah probably is an enfj

That's always been my vote, and I'm rather flummoxed some people are thinking she could be an ENTJ. (She'd be terrifying if she was, honestly.)

I've not watched her recently, so I have no idea what she's like now, though. I am basing this on my observations of her until maybe five years ago.

D

Dali

This has to be the funniest thread I've seen in this section of the forum.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bizarre! I didn't realize there were so many Oprah haters out there! I have 2 INFJ friends who adore Oprah. As for me, I've never been overly wowed by her, but don't have an opinion one way or the other. But I guess I too had always thought of her as ENFJ.
This is exactly my reaction except I don't have 2 INFJ friends. What on earth did she do that was so horrible? Did she kill someone? What's going on?

I've not watched her recently, so I have no idea what she's like now, though. I am basing this on my observations of her until maybe five years ago.
This is my experience as well. Did her Angel Network thingy start killing everyone's first-born children? Meh, it's probably just bad press.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is exactly my reaction except I don't have 2 INFJ friends. What on earth did she do that was so horrible? Did she kill someone? What's going on?

I don't hate Oprah, but I do agree with Tallulah on the other stuff:

(I do know that she used to have a really accessible, warm vibe, and now it's just very cold and domineering. There really came a point where she started believing her own press, and decided to capitalize on having all the housewives in the world believing every word that came out of her mouth. And all of her shows became about the celebrities she knows and the expensive stuff she buys. That's the point at which I became an Oprah-hater.)

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Hating on Oprah was cool in the early 2000s. Now, she's been around for long enough to where most people have just accepted her.

I think she is an ENFJ with a heart that grew cold over the years.

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MLxcKmWOFM&feature=related"]how i feel about oprah[/YOUTUBE]

i like the shit scared out of me every once in awhile.

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I hate Oprah and her little lackey Dr. Phil.

Chloe

Oprah is not an N.

she is ESwhocares.

But the reason why is so hard to type her because she has huge Persona, and she is chameleon. :huh:

I guess she is ESTJ.

I don't know enough about mbti, but I notice her using pair Te-Si.

Psychdigg

Oprah Winfrey's somatotype is: Endomorphy: 5.5 Mesomorphy: 4.5 Ectomorphy: 3.0

On the chart below this would put her nearest 5,4,3 which is at the border of INFJ and ENFP

wpad5994d6_05.jpg

Last edited:

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Knew it all along. She is not an ENFJ or ENFP

Chloe

Of course I dont agree with this anymore. I was young and stupid, back then in 2009. I feel sick when i read this post.

ENFJ. :D

Oprah is not an N.

she is ESwhocares.

But the reason why is so hard to type her because she has huge Persona, and she is chameleon. :huh:

I guess she is ESTJ.

I don't know enough about mbti, but I notice her using pair Te-Si.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think 1w2 makes the most sense. the outward perfectionist, hyper critical all the way down to the core, doing positive things to help others and working on community building projects mixed with the occasional arrogance/posturing to make up for the inner relentless self-critique. she is so measured, avoids mistakes at all costs, covers her shit, etc.

given that, i think estj is the most complimentary for her if she is 1w2. 1w2 enjs that i've met have way more inner crazy. she seems very Si traditionalist, and her power is really in the way that she provides a kind of Si housewife religiously powerful dissemination of opinion, values, programming, etc. it's a cultural empire for that demographic, and apart from the food thing (which even that she used to her advantage) she reaches this things based on self-control and never making public mistakes.

edit: actually after reading wikipedia i'm changing to enfj. pioneering a "confessional" tabloid style of reporting. she's not 3w4, right? also, is barack 3w4?

Psychdigg

Don't confuse a person's occupation with their personality. Oprah is way too sensitive and vulnerable and private. She has some very close and loyal friends. She has a strong interest in literature, poetry and fine art. Don't forget that she is also an actress.

I am not going to be deceived by her "job". She was lucky. She is not some all-powerful goddess that shaped her career. A broadcast career is shaped by what catches on. Think about what the ordinary "Oprah" type would be doing.

Think about Oprah the social worker. Think about Oprah as the single mother. Think about Oprah who just can't seem to hold onto her man. Think about Oprah the binge eater that hates her body.

If you want an example of an ENFJ think Sarah Palin.

Oprah may lead in popularity and wealth but she is not a leader.

Psychdigg

candylandjoe:

ESFJ's stay on their jobs. They crave security. Sarah Palin walked away from every job she had. She abandoned the Mayor job. She abandoned the Energy commission job. She's a salesman(person). She wanted to be a sports journalist. She's a.....

ROGUE

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It's awesome how none of these threads seem to be getting anywhere.

Psychdigg

Candylandjoe:

You start with a very faulty psychological concept like Jungs dichotomous functions. You take a couple women out of the 1940's that want to play psychologist and so they invent the typing game otherwise known as Myers-Briggs. Anyone can play. You just answer a bunch of questions about yourself and there you have it...YOU. All the while this is going on serious researchers are inventing their own word game called "the lexical approach" which means you go through the dictionary and pick out personality descriptors and you keep running tests to see how people group the words. Otherwise known as THE BIG FIVE.

The next step is you try to guess peoples types without even using the test. At about a 60% reliability for the test you can imagine the reliability of the results when you have untrained amateurs filtering data about celebrities through their muddled concept of types.

At least my method is based on an objective measurement. It has been very accurate when based on a properly posed photograph.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
She is an intriguing mixture of personal generosity combined with a (I find somewhat raw) desire for money, power, and influence.

Sounds ENFJ to me! :D

P.S. If you're an ENFJ and you're offended by this, please don't use your money, power, and/or influence to utterly destroy me!!!! ..........Please? :cry: