MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Psychdigg View Post
    Candylandjoe:

You start with a very faulty psychological concept like Jungs dichotomous functions. You take a couple women out of the 1940's that want to play psychologist and so they invent the typing game otherwise known as Myers-Briggs. Anyone can play. You just answer a bunch of questions about yourself and there you have it...YOU. All the while this is going on serious researchers are inventing their own word game called "the lexical approach" which means you go through the dictionary and pick out personality descriptors and you keep running tests to see how people group the words. Otherwise known as THE BIG FIVE.

The next step is you try to guess peoples types without even using the test. At about a 60% reliability for the test you can imagine the reliability of the results when you have untrained amateurs filtering data about celebrities through their muddled concept of types.

At least my method is based on an objective measurement. It has been very accurate when based on a properly posed photograph.
    I look forward to buying the publication in which your findings are released.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

She's ENFJ. It's almost painfully obvious.

Neptunesnet:

Oprah is too egocentric. Too artsy. She's not tough. Again what is "obvious" is her role as a person with power and influence. But it is just her job. She is really too self-absorbed to be the "leader" that you will find in an ENFJ.
    “Sheldon considers human beings as they really are - psycho-physical wholes.”

“the first serious advance of the science of man since Aristotle”

“For the first time the old insights and intuitions about the different kinds of human beings have been clarified and put on a firmly objective and measurable basis.”
    ___“Aldous Huxley/ A Biography” Sybille Bedford, 1974

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Oprah is too egocentric. Too artsy. She's not tough. Again what is "obvious" is her role as a person with power and influence. But it is just her job. She is really too self-absorbed to be the "leader" that you will find in an ENFJ.
    Anyone can be egocentric, type aside. She's a visionary, and she likes to do things big. Being a tv personality is one thing & can be seen as "just a job," but creating a cultural empire, with elements not too different from that of a cult, with just a talk show is another thing entirely.

Also, leaders can be self-absorbed. They just tend to be more obsessed with their image, and in what ways they can manipulate the image that they project, which is why it's not uncommon to find ENFJs in the image triad (2, 3, & 4 types).

neptunesnet:

Don't believe in all that publicity stuff. There are millions of women just like Oprah and they could be better at Oprah than Oprah. A lot of them watch her show.

As audience share increases the more good advice a person gets. She is simply the beneficiary of good luck.

One thing type is about is "type" . Divide 6.5 billion people by 16 and that gives you close to 1/2 billion Oprahs in the world. If you take Kierseys stats (never could figure out how he came up with his percentages) 5% of the population are ENFJ and only 1% are INFJ. So, if Oprah is so unique why not opt for the 1% INFJ.

But if she is one out of 325 million ENFJ's in the world she's not unique. Typology is anti-celebrity. Typology ought to show us the real person underneath not the hyped version.

Oprah's somatotype is a strong chubby woman much like you see throughout the USA working in Social services and teaching in grammar school. That's the oprah that walked around bare-footed amongst her early audiences - cuz her feet hurt so much. She is above average intelligence but she is NOT a leader except in her ratings.

“For the first time the old insights and intuitions about the different kinds of human beings have been clarified and put on a firmly objective and measurable basis.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Don't believe in all that publicity stuff. There are millions of women just like Oprah and they could be better at Oprah than Oprah. A lot of them watch her show.

As audience share increases the more good advice a person gets. She is simply the beneficiary of good luck.

One thing type is about is "type" . Divide 6.5 billion people by 16 and that gives you close to 1/2 billion Oprahs in the world. If you take Kierseys stats (never could figure out how he came up with his percentages) 5% of the population are ENFJ and only 1% are INFJ. So, if Oprah is so unique why not opt for the 1% INFJ.

But if she is one out of 325 million ENFJ's in the world she's not unique. Typology is anti-celebrity. Typology ought to show us the real person underneath not the hyped version.

Oprah's somatotype is a strong chubby woman much like you see throughout the USA working in Social services and teaching in grammar school. That's the oprah that walked around bare-footed amongst her early audiences - cuz her feet hurt so much. She is above average intelligence but she is NOT a leader except in her ratings.
    I have no idea what your point is.

I think I have overlooked something. Oprah is primarily a Mid-Range Body Type. This means she can easily jump into other areas. I just noticed how close her somatotype really is to ENFJ. It would not be an impossible leap for Oprah to adapt as an ENFJ. I have a friend whose body-type is in the area just between ENFP and ENTP. When he took the test years ago it indicated he was an ENTP. But then he took on some teaching responsibilities in connection with his church and headed up a lot of community service committees. Recently he took the test again and it indicated he was ENFJ. This seems to be a type of adaptation and not necessarily a maladaptive adaptation because it is reasonably close to his natural body-type/temperament area. If your occupation or even a marriage mate is fairly close to your type the adaptation has an integrative or to use Jung's term "individuating" effect.

So, Oprah may have "role-played" an ENFJ. When a person is adapting to a role that isn't natural to them it can consume energy and lead to exhaustion sometimes referred to as burn-out. We may be seeing the real ENFP/INFJ Oprah re-emerging. This would be the less glamorous barefoot Oprah who just doesn't feel like climbing stairs, giving up comfort foods and squeezing into tight clothes for a red-carpet stroll.

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Nobody should claim Oprah... She should be free!
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I thought ESTJ was pretty obvious.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

ENFJ. it's so brilliantly clear.

E: i don't think we really need to question this.
    N: everything is big with her, like neptunesnet pointed out. she can be quite practical (J), which can seem like S detail orientation. but seriously, her slogan is "live your best life". it reeks of NF. and whenever she does her weight loss stuff, she doesn't get right down to business, she does all this N idealizing and visions and crap.
    F: the ENFJs i know can actually be very logical and tactical, but at the foundation of their life lies F. thus it is with oprah. everything she does is people-oriented.
    J: i'm suprised that anyone's suggested P for her, even though her J isn't super-clear, now that i think about it. the biggest thing that points me to J is she's obviously got very strong Fe, and i really don't see Fi or Ne. it also accounts for her occasional S-seeming practicality. but she's very much in charge, and Ps just really don't do that, not unless they have a very specific reason to be in charge. oprah doesn't really, she just likes heading things up. nothing wrong with that, but she's no P. you also really wouldn't ever think of her as "fuzzy", would you? that's the mark of FPs.

don't get your panties in a bundle though, ENFPs have to claim Regis Philbin