User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: Oprah Winfrey

Oprah Winfrey's somatotype is: Endomorphy: 5.5 Mesomorphy: 4.5 Ectomorphy: 3.0

On the chart below this would put her nearest 5,4,3 which is at the border of INFJ and ENFP

Last edited by Psychdigg; 08-04-2010 at 11:00 AM.
    “Sheldon considers human beings as they really are - psycho-physical wholes.”

“the first serious advance of the science of man since Aristotle”

“For the first time the old insights and intuitions about the different kinds of human beings have been clarified and put on a firmly objective and measurable basis.”
    ___“Aldous Huxley/ A Biography” Sybille Bedford, 1974

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Knew it all along. She is not an ENFJ or ENFP

Of course I dont agree with this anymore. I was young and stupid, back then in 2009. I feel sick when i read this post.

ENFJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    Oprah is not an N.

she is ESwhocares.

But the reason why is so hard to type her because she has huge Persona, and she is chameleon.

I guess she is ESTJ.

I don't know enough about mbti, but I notice her using pair Te-Si.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i think 1w2 makes the most sense. the outward perfectionist, hyper critical all the way down to the core, doing positive things to help others and working on community building projects mixed with the occasional arrogance/posturing to make up for the inner relentless self-critique. she is so measured, avoids mistakes at all costs, covers her shit, etc.

given that, i think estj is the most complimentary for her if she is 1w2. 1w2 enjs that i've met have way more inner crazy. she seems very Si traditionalist, and her power is really in the way that she provides a kind of Si housewife religiously powerful dissemination of opinion, values, programming, etc. it's a cultural empire for that demographic, and apart from the food thing (which even that she used to her advantage) she reaches this things based on self-control and never making public mistakes.

edit: actually after reading wikipedia i'm changing to enfj. pioneering a "confessional" tabloid style of reporting. she's not 3w4, right? also, is barack 3w4?

Don't confuse a person's occupation with their personality. Oprah is way too sensitive and vulnerable and private. She has some very close and loyal friends. She has a strong interest in literature, poetry and fine art. Don't forget that she is also an actress.

I am not going to be deceived by her "job". She was lucky. She is not some all-powerful goddess that shaped her career. A broadcast career is shaped by what catches on. Think about what the ordinary "Oprah" type would be doing.

Think about Oprah the social worker. Think about Oprah as the single mother. Think about Oprah who just can't seem to hold onto her man. Think about Oprah the binge eater that hates her body.

If you want an example of an ENFJ think Sarah Palin.

Oprah may lead in popularity and wealth but she is not a leader.

“For the first time the old insights and intuitions about the different kinds of human beings have been clarified and put on a firmly objective and measurable basis.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

No.

Palin is an esfj. Really, a nice example of tertiary temptation in that type.

YouTube - Sarah Mania! Sarah Palin's Greatest Hits

Notice the needless overemphasis on certain keywords.

Interviewed by infj kouric and enfj gibson.

candylandjoe:

ESFJ's stay on their jobs. They crave security. Sarah Palin walked away from every job she had. She abandoned the Mayor job. She abandoned the Energy commission job. She's a salesman(person). She wanted to be a sports journalist. She's a.....

ROGUE

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

It's awesome how none of these threads seem to be getting anywhere.

Candylandjoe:

You start with a very faulty psychological concept like Jungs dichotomous functions. You take a couple women out of the 1940's that want to play psychologist and so they invent the typing game otherwise known as Myers-Briggs. Anyone can play. You just answer a bunch of questions about yourself and there you have it...YOU. All the while this is going on serious researchers are inventing their own word game called "the lexical approach" which means you go through the dictionary and pick out personality descriptors and you keep running tests to see how people group the words. Otherwise known as THE BIG FIVE.

The next step is you try to guess peoples types without even using the test. At about a 60% reliability for the test you can imagine the reliability of the results when you have untrained amateurs filtering data about celebrities through their muddled concept of types.

At least my method is based on an objective measurement. It has been very accurate when based on a properly posed photograph.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post

She is an intriguing mixture of personal generosity combined with a (I find somewhat raw) desire for money, power, and influence.
    Sounds ENFJ to me!

P.S. If you're an ENFJ and you're offended by this, please don't use your money, power, and/or influence to utterly destroy me!!!! ..........Please?

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!