First 2101112

Thread: Oprah Winfrey

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

according to my sources she is a 3w4 so/sx and I see no reason to doubt it.
    She's probably ENFJ too.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    according to my sources she is a 3w4 so/sx and I see no reason to doubt it.
    She's probably ENFJ too.
    I would say 3w2 more than 3w4. I don't see much 4, but there is a ton of 2
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yeah, I lean more strongly towards ESFJ than ESTJ (because she seems to thrive on Fe), but I see nothing but ESxJ in her. She was known for being an over-achieving, hard-working, hyper-involved child with a knack for public speaking. She has even said herself that she attributes her success to early ambition and a belief in hard work and dilligence. Moreover, she is quite infamous for her nit-picking, detail-mongering ways (as well as for her megalomania, but I don't think that's type-related.)
    Yes, she is very "Choleric", which is "In Charge", and fits ENFJ, not ESFJ, which is "Get Things Going" or Sanguine. (They get this bad rap of being so controlling and all, but they are really more people-focused than that, while Oprah is ultimately task-focused, on the surface social level. She is, however, people-focused on the "conative" level).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

If we boiled down what I said, it would simply be that I thought she was ESxJ (leaning ESFJ) because her standout characteristics are that she's (1) hard-working, (2) detail-oriented, (3) over-achieving, and (4) gifted at public speaking. And that it would be ridiculous to suggest (as I knew someone would eventually) that those four traits, which are so outstandingly ESJ, are also shared in equal measure by ENFJs.

ENFJs may work hard (though I doubt they're a type people would call "detail-oriented," in any case) in their lives, but most likely they are going to be known for other qualities. Otherwise an ENFJ would be exactly the same as an ESFJ, because traits (1) through (3) are standout SJ qualities.
    (2) Detail-oriented may be a standout SJ quality but I'm not so sure that (1) hardworking, and (3) overachieving, are. There's a slight J-ness to those but not necessarily SJ. For example ENTJs are also classic overachievers.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    This could be personal type bias but I'd say she's way too quick to hop onto the conspiracy theory bandwagon (e.g. The Secret) to be an ESFJ. Not that ESFJs wouldn't do that, but I don't think I've ever seen Si-skepticism in Oprah before. Or really, any kind of skepticism. She just enthusiastically accepts any ideas that come her way.

Could she be an ENFP?
    Well, how she was on the show was very heavily extraverted, so any SiTi style skepticism she may harbor personally was probably covered in her FePe image. I have considered ENFP but she just seems too... naturally J, to be dominant perceiving. There can be some similarities between Fe and Ne types and she seems to have a bit of a blend but she still reads overall as a more Fe type to me at least. This is also why I think she could be ESFJ rather than ENFJ.

For the record, I do not type people based on some sort of sensor quota system. If it seems that way, it's simply because there is, not a tendency, but more like a rule in this subforum that everybody is a goddamn N of some sort. You'd think that, given the accepted statistical proportions of types ("SJs rule the world, boo fucking hoo me"), someone will have noticed the ridiculousness of this behavior. And, admittedly, many have noticed, but the rule remains. I type Ns as Ns when they display characteristics of their type.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1112216

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...l=1#post466190

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...l=1#post454695

What do these three links of character's types have in common? How about the amount of Ss? I'd love to play with your theory but just had to point out at first that what you keep stating as fact is wrong.

Do you actually see strong Sness in characters that are being typed as N here, or do you just suspect something because less than 75% of the characters are being typed as S?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    (2) Detail-oriented may be a standout SJ quality but I'm not so sure that (1) hardworking, and (3) overachieving, are. There's a slight J-ness to those but not necessarily SJ. For example ENTJs are also classic overachievers.
    No, you have to put them all together. If you have a person who is known for their hard work and diligence, for believing in and extolling the virtues of hard work and diligence, who was also an over-achiever in the classic sense (i.e., joined a bunch of shit at school, organized events for underprivileged groups, etc.,) AND notoriously detail-oriented, you have an SJ. You can rationalize all of these individual points away all you want, but if you put them all together the portrait they paint is undeniable. Also, I've always understood these "ENTJs are hard working over-achievers" claims to mean, not so much that they're the kid at school who joins every club and heads up every event because they're obsessed with attaining institutional success, but rather that their work, whatever it may be, is probably going to hold first priority in their lives.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1112216

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...l=1#post466190

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...l=1#post454695

What do these three links of character's types have in common? How about the amount of Ss? I'd love to play with your theory but just had to point out at first that what you keep stating as fact is wrong.
    They have in common an absurd tendency to type overwhelmingly S characters as Ns. Harry, one of the most S characters of all time, was frequently typed as INFP in that thread (second-most only to ISFP, thank God, and that doesn't even happen in other threads with less attention.) Luckily, I think people started to see the light after Sim made arguments for ISFP, but still, what the hell is that? Even worse was Hermione. INTJ, INFJ, ENFJ. It wasn't until later that she started getting more ISTJ votes, likely because I and a few others were personally arguing ISTJ from the early stages of the thread. Don't even get me started on Snape. All of these characters were so obviously S that I have no other way of explaining the ubiquitous N typings in that thread.

Someone even tried to call Umbridge an ENFJ, and Draco an ENTJ. Sure, if Umbridge is an ENFJ, then Oprah could be one, too. But If that's the case, then ENFJ is the same as ESFJ for all intents and purposes. And Draco was an obvious ESTJ.

Do you actually see strong Sness in characters that are being typed as N here, or do you just suspect something because less than 75% of the characters are being typed as S?
    Both. The percentage is less, too, if we narrowed it down to SJs.

And, um, why would I have a problem with typing Ss as Ns if I didn't think that they were, in fact, Ss?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Yes, she is very "Choleric", which is "In Charge", and fits ENFJ, not ESFJ, which is "Get Things Going" or Sanguine. (They get this bad rap of being so controlling and all, but they are really more people-focused than that, while Oprah is ultimately task-focused, on the surface social level. She is, however, people-focused on the "conative" level).
    Those things you bolded are not choleric traits. Perhaps you can argue the megalomania is "choleric," but truly, any type can have an inflated ego.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Individually, they are not necessarily Choleric, but all together they are a good evidence of it.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Maybe we should ask @DavidM.....
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Riva

I have never ever in my life watched her show.

Anyway from the little little clips I have seen it seems she wishes to emit a certain type of image.

So 3W2 makes a bit of sense.

Ps -

I have never watched Pride and Prejudiced either.

Girls love it I've noticed.