• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
The Olsen Twins are INTP????

Personality Types of Famous People

How did people think of this?
Some other strange ones.

Richard Nixon & Franklin Roosevelt: ENTJ's (Nixon-Introvert, and FDR- definite SP)
Abraham Lincoln: ENFJ (an introvert for sure and most likely a perceiver as well..)

Some others seem weird in that respect.
Chester Arthur-INTJ
Gerald Ford-INTP

I don't know much about either of these guys but neither gives off much of an NT vibe from what I know.

I emailed this website a while ago asking about how they came to the typings they did. I didn't get an answer back for why Olsen Twins=INTP.

Anyone have any ideas or are there some things I don't know about these people's characters that will lead me into their direction.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I dunno about the others because i'm not familiar enough with them, but i really think that Abe Lincoln is an INFP

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, I was at the Wikipedia entry for INTP the other day, and saw the Olsen twins listed. A definite WTF moment.

Abraham Lincoln: ENFJ (an introvert for sure and most likely a perceiver as well..)
Ummm... they have him under INTP. Where did ENFJ come from?

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah, I was at the Wikipedia entry for INTP the other day, and saw the Olsen twins listed. A definite WTF moment.

they? I am so sure that Lincoln was an ESFP.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Typing public figures is always an intellectuale excercise or debate more than science. I generally don't put any stock in them. Fictional characters it's a little easier, because they are generally caricatures -- but really there's no way of doing so because they are not real people and you can only guess or make up the motivations for why they do what they do.

However, INTP would explain the Olsen Twin's haphazard fashion victim/bag lady style. HA. Though I doubt both twins would be the same type.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Honestly, it usually causes me pain to see guesses about famous peoples' types. Nobody agrees, and there are lots of bizarre theories.
Like Einstein being an E, or Sun Tzu being an S.
I can't wait for someone to call Stalin an F.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7

Oh they must have changed it, lol.
I remembered Lincoln being under ENFJ for the same site a while back..

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Honestly, it usually causes me pain to see guesses about famous peoples' types. Nobody agrees, and there are lots of bizarre theories.

Yes, it's all a bit circular isn't it... when people self-identify with eg aristotle, prescribe their own type to him, and then use it as justification for their type.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Mary-Kate may be an INTP, but there is like noooo way that Ashley is.

Yeah, I can see Mary-Kate as an INTP. She seems to be a little more reserved and introverted, and she seems to have a sly sense of humor.

Usehername

On a mission
Yeah, I can see Mary-Kate as an INTP. She seems to be a little more reserved and introverted, and she seems to have a sly sense of humor.

I was totally in their fan club when they were little. (Well... so was I, we're all born in '86.) Like, had their Detective Movie Series, the singalong cassettes, received their monthly mail packages, etc. I spent my birthday money on joining the fan club.

I always wanted to be a spy. That and Full House really lured me. And the identical twin thing. Can you imagine the pranks you could pull? My little bro's twin friends regularly write tests for each other (one studies for one test, the other for another, and then they swap clothing in the bathroom and write it a 2nd time).

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yes, it's all a bit circular isn't it... when people self-identify with eg aristotle, prescribe their own type to him, and then use it as justification for their type.

This seems to be the dominant method of "typing" going on.

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
Why wouldn't Sun Tzu be an S? As it is there isn't enough information to even confirm his existence.

But anyway, I agree with you, as my disagreement shows. If a historian who understands the MBTI and has extensively researched a particular person then guesses their type, I would take that seriously. But these internet identifications are mainly based on self-identification, exaggeration of minor events, and stereotypes.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I could definitely buy the idea of Mary Kate being a Ti-dominant, and an INTP.
I guess the Olsens I'm used to seeing are from all of those Olsen TV shows, Full House, and the waterboarding experience that is "New York Minute"- she doesn't play an INTP in any of those but that doesn't mean she isn't one in real life.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Both INTP:

"Mary-Kate and I don't think about fashion as these clean, beautiful objects. We just kind of wear it and live in it"

How true.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Both INTP:

"Mary-Kate and I don't think about fashion as these clean, beautiful objects. We just kind of wear it and live in it"

How true.

Really? You wouldn't think of these famous young female popular culture icons and INTP would mix. But they were kind of thrown into it young, you couldn't know their type from the beginning. How did you find that out?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really? You wouldn't think of these famous young female popular culture icons and INTP would mix. But they were kind of thrown into it young, you couldn't know their type from the beginning. How did you find that out?

I've read it on various sites. Then I went looking for a quote that seemed to say something about the type. They are two fashionably inept fashion moguls who don't really care what they throw on, and mostly what they do care about was ingrained from an early age.